EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club not charging an u18.5 player membership fees, gets added to the cap?? cmon turbo 🤦‍♂️

Figured you would of had a positive comment regarding that announcement, some things never change

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Turbo is correct. If a club provides free fees to an age group it is suppose to included in the salary cap. Has happened in the past.

Turbo is correct. If a club provides free fees to an age group it is suppose to included in the salary cap. Has happened in the past.

This crap went on years ago at Deer Park. Under 18's getting paid and offered other benefits to play. It was a massive recruiting drive and other clubs lost plenty of players. They won the flag that year. Guess who the coach was! How are the Deer Park 18's going now? I feel sorry for the other clubs who rely on membership fees from all participants in order to maintain financial viability. Even more so now with Covid and business struggling to sponsor etc... just another form of cheating IMO

Donald D

Kids should not be paying any money whatsoever to play sport anywhere in Australia. After they turn 18 different story hopefully one day this will happen!

What a club does with their membership fee is up to the club, they could charge $10 or $500. Your logic means you must put free a hot dog and can of coke to players after games down on the cap, or if they loose their polo and decide to give them a free one it must go on the cap 🤦‍♂️ both the above examples is the exact same as free membership.

Or if little Johnny from u12’s parents can’t afford to send their kids to footy anymore and the club lets him play for free to help them out, that must go on the cap too.

You blokes have no clue.

What a club does with their membership fee is up to the club, they could charge $10 or $500. Your logic means you must put free a hot dog and can of coke to players after games down on the cap, or if they loose their polo and decide to give them a free one it must go on the cap 🤦‍♂️ both the above examples is the exact same as free membership.

Or if little Johnny from u12’s parents can’t afford to send their kids to footy anymore and the club lets him play for free to help them out, that must go on the cap too.

You blokes have no clue.

Rules are rules though? Giving players free gear is absolutely meant to be part of the cap.
Juniors (U12’s) who are struggling financially is clearly different though.
U18’s and up is a new ball game

You blokes have no clue.

You have NO idea really! It’s embarrassing!

While unorthodox to have free fees for U18’s it does increase their chances of filling a team and keeping their current juniors coming up into seniors ranks!
I classify U18’s as ‘seniors ranks’.
Having an U18’s should be compulsory for all premier division sides in my opinion
Years ago yes but now when so many clubs are struggling to keep or get boys at that age, I would say not necessarily now.

You blokes have no clue.

For once I agree with you

I’m not having a go at all just stating that it’s actually a player payment so will be interesting how it’s taken by the league.
Not sure it will entice many really Bash as I agree it must start from the lower ages. Tough getting 18s I agree and it’s worth a try. Might be best trying to entice a 16s coach with a few $$ to move clubs maybe
Other codes have been paying reserves and u18’s for over 40 years under seperate amounts to those allocated to seniors so what is the issue.

I am more curious into know how the EDFL could enforce the coverage of rego fees in the salary cap. I mean what constitutes "registration fees" as every club has different systems in regards to their registration structure. The only universal thing is maybe the $25 EDFL fee. Which if you cover 25 u18 players for a cost of $625 and only the $625 (excluding club fees) is included in the cap then absolutely I think it is worth it. Obviously as highlighted every club has their own membership structure, some clubs might charge $200, some $400 with club merch included sometimes in the rego. How much would it cost a club to enter u18s in the EDFL? Some clubs might charge extra in their rego to cover the cost, but might cover it with sponsorship money, therefore keeping fees low. I think it is the right thing for the EDFL to include coverage of fees in the cap, however I just think it is very grey on what to include as there is kind of only one fee applicable to be governed by the EDFL ($25 Reg Fee). I mean isn't that was sponsorship money is for in local football and it's not like we have a soft cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But in my opinion I think it will really only entice kids from Keilors twos, Keilor Park and smaller clubs struggling already for u18s to come down. If you get a team on the park, they don't have to be the best, but at least they are there and that's what a senior coach is there, too develop them.

I am not a fan of East Keilor, however if I was them, I would try and form a partnership with EKC (Essendon Keilor Collage). They have a very successful football program and a lot of guys who were part of their u18s flags a few years ago, were mates at EKC who left their original clubs to play together at EK. EKC'S Football program start at year 9 and based on location of the school, good chance you will have 2-3 kids in the program from East Keilor. A partnership could entice these kids to come over earlier and play from u16s. A group of mates will be better for a team then a group of individuals from separate clubs who come to play for free. The senior campus could be an issue though as it is in Essendon so and pretty sure they train at Abers (not sure if they have a connection there though). I'm not sure what could be included in the partnership as well, maybe East Keilor could offer their ground and facilities for training/school games. Maybe supply the school some uniforms and offer discounted memberships for students.

But in my opinion I think it will really only entice kids from Keilors twos, Keilor Park and smaller clubs struggling already for u18s to come down. If you get a team on the park, they don't have to be the best, but at least they are there and that's what a senior coach is there, too develop them.

I am not a fan of East Keilor, however if I was them, I would try and form a partnership with EKC (Essendon Keilor Collage). They have a very successful football program and a lot of guys who were part of their u18s flags a few years ago, were mates at EKC who left their original clubs to play together at EK. EKC'S Football program start at year 9 and based on location of the school, good chance you will have 2-3 kids in the program from East Keilor. A partnership could entice these kids to come over earlier and play from u16s. A group of mates will be better for a team then a group of individuals from separate clubs who come to play for free. The senior campus could be an issue though as it is in Essendon so and pretty sure they train at Abers (not sure if they have a connection there though). I'm not sure what could be included in the partnership as well, maybe East Keilor could offer their ground and facilities for training/school games. Maybe supply the school some uniforms and offer discounted memberships for students.
excellent ideas but all we have heard before your ideas has been dont charge and they will come. no fees will not solve a systemic problem.Why would any young man be enticed to EK next season. 2021 saw 2 EK boys running around at Taylors lakes 18-5s who both won b@f comp medals .Mellili in 2019 and Caffari 2021. Says it all doesnt it. Mellili at Tulla next season
What has been forgotten in all this is that clubs have financial responsibilities under the law . There are duties by Boards (not presidents) to present viable balance sheets showing income revenue and expenditures. Clubs finances are supposed to be audited each year. Free fees means that EK will need to absorb their share of 6 umpires required each week as well as club insurances and ground rentals fees, coaching and associated club running costs etc. would love to know what figure the Board has put on those absorbed costs for 22 plus players.

excellent ideas but all we have heard before your ideas has been dont charge and they will come. no fees will not solve a systemic problem.Why would any young man be enticed to EK next season. 2021 saw 2 EK boys running around at Taylors lakes 18-5s who both won b@f comp medals .Mellili in 2019 and Caffari 2021. Says it all doesnt it. Mellili at Tulla next season
What has been forgotten in all this is that clubs have financial responsibilities under the law . There are duties by Boards (not presidents) to present viable balance sheets showing income revenue and expenditures. Clubs finances are supposed to be audited each year. Free fees means that EK will need to absorb their share of 6 umpires required each week as well as club insurances and ground rentals fees, coaching and associated club running costs etc. would love to know what figure the Board has put on those absorbed costs for 22 plus players.
EK had a u19 premiership winning side in 2018 the season before Pat arrived.
Nearly all gone elsewhere or not playing.
It does say a lot in addition to the 2 you also mentioned.

read my post earlier Ek didn’t have enough players to field a side as the previous season all the 18s were top age and 16s bottom age . The seniors and reserves had to many for 2 sides but not enough for a 3rds . Caffari played 3 seasons and come across from Hillside and mellili only 1season but not sure where he came from . Both can certainly play and would like to have them both back but not sure if both would consider Ek as their junior club . Still definitely need to develop this years 16s ,I think on 4or 5 go up to 18s next year . But on the positive there’s still 17 1pt locals between the senior and reserves 10 from the last 18 side we had which won a flag , the rest have come back and some had never left . I’m also hearing of gun 1 pt junior who has been playing in premier comp that maybe coming back . Going back to the original point it does make difficult if a club has no u18s . I was really surprised how many clubs didn’t have one last season.

Mellili didn’t want to fight for his spot in the ones and went for the easy way out at Taylor’s lakes, would of learnt a lot more training and playing along side the quality of players at EK then TL.

As for caffari I go back to my previous point of not letting players leave due to not have 18.5’s, he left because he didn’t have an option to stay, ek didn’t have 18.5’s.

read my post earlier Ek didn’t have enough players to field a side as the previous season all the 18s were top age and 16s bottom age . The seniors and reserves had to many for 2 sides but not enough for a 3rds . Caffari played 3 seasons and come across from Hillside and mellili only 1season but not sure where he came from . Both can certainly play and would like to have them both back but not sure if both would consider Ek as their junior club . Still definitely need to develop this years 16s ,I think on 4or 5 go up to 18s next year . But on the positive there’s still 17 1pt locals between the senior and reserves 10 from the last 18 side we had which won a flag , the rest have come back and some had never left . I’m also hearing of gun 1 pt junior who has been playing in premier comp that maybe coming back . Going back to the original point it does make difficult if a club has no u18s . I was really surprised how many clubs didn’t have one last season.

The gun one pointer your referring too isn’t maybe coming back, he has cone back. Assuming EK will announce it soon maybe after all their re-signings, who knows.

Mellili didn’t want to fight for his spot in the ones and went for the easy way out at Taylor’s lakes, would of learnt a lot more training and playing along side the quality of players at EK then TL.

As for caffari I go back to my previous point of not letting players leave due to not have 18.5’s, he left because he didn’t have an option to stay, ek didn’t have 18.5’s.

That’s not the point and you not understanding is the reason you have lost junior talent to other clubs. Give the kid confidence and guarantee him 6-8 games to see if he has what it takes. Why let him go and bring in a recruit on big $. Saying he didn’t want to work for his spot is a totally cop out and arrogance. Caff also could have been given opportunity to move up into seniors instead of playing 18s elsewhere. He has talent and could have grown into a solid young player. Yes he might have still left but hey it would have been a better option especially in Div1 to grow from within these types of kids. You won’t keep them playing shit div1 reserves footy if your a young kid with some talent to work with.

Clubs should be prepared to put in the work rather than cold shoulder them for a recruit. Pure & simple.

You recruited Klaromenos and played him predominantly in the reserves. So he leaves after 1 season. That is totally bemusing to me!!

That’s not the point and you not understanding is the reason you have lost junior talent to other clubs. Give the kid confidence and guarantee him 6-8 games to see if he has what it takes. Why let him go and bring in a recruit on big $. Saying he didn’t want to work for his spot is a totally cop out and arrogance. Caff also could have been given opportunity to move up into seniors instead of playing 18s elsewhere. He has talent and could have grown into a solid young player. Yes he might have still left but hey it would have been a better option especially in Div1 to grow from within these types of kids. You won’t keep them playing sh*t div1 reserves footy if your a young kid with some talent to work with.

Clubs should be prepared to put in the work rather than cold shoulder them for a recruit. Pure & simple.

You recruited Klaromenos and played him predominantly in the reserves. So he leaves after 1 season. That is totally bemusing to me!!

Turbo, why do you comment if you are not aware.... your comments cause me brain damage because you think your in the know of every club but you have 0 idea.

How do u know mellili wasn’t offered senior games? I just told you he didn’t want to try make the team, wanted a sure thing where he will definitely play ones every week. I know a lot more about this topic then you.... so don’t argue the point mate.

Also We didn’t recruit klaro, he came to us and was told he will most likely play 2’s he wanted to try crack into the ones so hats off to him. Never chased him what so ever. He wanted to leave hillside and the fact he’s going St. Albans this year instead of back to hillside proves that.

Last edited:
Turbo, why do you comment if you are not aware.... your comments cause me brain damage because you think your in the know of every club but you have 0 idea.

How do u know mellili wasn’t offered senior games? I just told you he didn’t want to try make the team, wanted a sure thing where he will definitely play ones every week. I know a lot more about this topic then you.... so don’t argue the point mate.

Also We didn’t recruit klaro, he came to us and was told he will most likely play 2’s he wanted to try crack into the ones so hats off to him. Never chased him what so ever. He wanted to leave hillside and the fact he’s going St. Albans this year instead of back to hillside proves that.

I really think you should finish with a name of the person who writes the post on this account as there are a couple. At least that way we understand who is making the comment. It’s so confusing and your everywhere as in a past post you said your not on the inside nor do you attend every game but this reply seems like it’s from the other person on this account. Put the name or at least use seperate accounts as you were willing to name others but NOT willing to admit which people use this account. I never know who I’m responding to out of the 2 of you. 😩😩😩

I really think you should finish with a name of the person who writes the post on this account as there are a couple. At least that way we understand who is making the comment. It’s so confusing and your everywhere as in a past post you said your not on the inside nor do you attend every game but this reply seems like it’s from the other person on this account. Put the name or at least use seperate accounts as you were willing to name others but NOT willing to admit which people use this account. I never know who I’m responding to out of the 2 of you.

Same person mate, lucky for you these two particular topics I am in the know about. Enjoy your Sunday arvo

Same person mate, lucky for you these two particular topics I am in the know about. Enjoy your Sunday arvo

😉😉🤪🤪🤪🤪 Yeah right.. I will keep your secret but I’m not the only one who knows! Enjoy your Sunday arvo as well 😘

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back