News Eddie standing down at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, you HAVE to agree, we cannot disagree in this world. IF we have a different opinion to society we are labled all different kinds of stuff. YOU MUSTY AGREE, if not, you're the devil.

My mistake, evil me took over for a minute there. I forgot the new rule of the world to just tell people what they want to hear. Will sort it out in future posts. lol

Nah but Nah - When Charlie King gives you a thumping on national TV, its time to listen! Ed's first 15 years did so much for the club and AFL however his appalling comments over the last few years have spoilt all that. Had he left four or five years ago, he would have been fine. Its what Ed has said in the past has caught up with him and nothing to do with loud social media cowards. He was hoist by his own petard.
how dare eddies own actions tar his reputation! its completely unfair to judge him by what he has done himself. if you ignore everything wrong he's done, he's only done good things!

No doubt snowflakes like Sam Newman will be all over twitter melting about how this is just more evidence of "PC gone mad!!!!!"
newman and his right wing ilk arent snowflakes. snowflakes are unique, beautiful things.

theyre more like a turd. soft, stinky, and as soon as they turn up you wish they'd just go away.

The guy had one season left to serve and you left leaning social media lot couldn't allow him to have that.

Poor Ed has caved in to loud social media cowards.

Disappointing.

Morality is as much a conservative concept as it is a progressive one.

The idea that the right supports a free for all isn't right at all.

Victorian era values which lingered well into the 20th century were deeply conservative values.

Cancel culture at its best alot of people are going to stop following afl we are not the China/democrats run NBA when they sook over criminals getting mistreated the NBA ratings well down last year I think the afl is heading that way
Got any jokes for us, Toby?

Cancel culture at its best alot of people are going to stop following afl we are not the China/democrats run NBA when they sook over criminals getting mistreated the NBA ratings well down last year I think the afl is heading that way
careful your QAnon badge is showing

Hmmm lots of posters complaining about the left, social media etc. Lots of dog whistling going on here.

It is simple, when you are in charge and the organisation you run has a major public failing (or in the Pies case two in fairly short span of time), you step down so the organisation can move forward. Nothing new or different about this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nice join date. heres a gift for you, i think it suits you.
1612854950035.jpeg

Collingwood done so much for minority groups over the years, even leading the way in some areas, the only club to call for an objective look into their club to identify any issues, report finds places where they can improve, leftist idiots lose their minds and Eddie steps down.

About sums it up.

So how many players complained?
Irrelevant, doesn’t even require the target of the discrimination to complain, that is how the laws are written.

Maybe the more important question would be why didn’t every person who saw, heard or knew it was happening complain and/or try to stop it?

Discrimination against someone who is different to you, often not by their choice, is bullying and shows a lack of decency. Don’t know the psychology of it, my guess is a fear of the unknown or feelings of inferiority.

Thank Christ this demi-god is gone,
Sorry Eddie you wanted everything about you and media attention,You remind me of a certain President of the USA.
Next I hope your mates go eg:Buckley etc and the assistant coaches that have lurked there for years.
Ps:I refused to watch you on the millionaire show and muted the volume any game you called.

Pure Gold... people will stop following AFL because Eddy's gone....lol.... SO Trump!

I like Eddie. Always have. Down to earth. Never forgets where he came from. Self effacing. I hope he doesn't withdraw from the media because I think he's exceptional. He has a very quick wit which a lot of people miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Eddie standing down at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back