Dyson Heppell - The Best

Remove this Banner Ad

It's apparently the same at St Kilda.
Apparently Fisher, Gilbert and Goddard all play "loose man in defence", without manning up on anyone. Goddard, it seems, plays that role even when he's playing in the middle, or up forward, if you listen to some on here!:eek:
It's obviously too much for the pea brains of some to conclude that they may actually be good at reading the play and zoning off whoever they're playing on, to intercept the ball.

Exactly what I meant when I said he was 'smart' and the dumb bogans believe he must be playing 'loose' without and an opponent. 'Loose' tends to mean you play on 'more' than one opponent.

They said the same thing about Hodge when he was playing HB, but if you actually went to the games you could see he actually started as the 'closest checking' defender. But apparently he was playing loose without an opponent. :rolleyes:

So do you think he's the best of this draft or not?

Very good young player, but I'm incredibly confident that the best player from this draft will be excellent at winning contested possessions. I can't think of an example where the best from a draft year was an outsider. He looks like a classy receiver to me. Obviously he is only young and may develop into a contested ball winning machine, but it doesn't look like his preferred style.

Just like when he had the better of Higgins in round 1?

Higgins 22 disposals 8 marks vs Heppell 20 disposals 7 marks. Fairly even I'd have thought. Both played well, not Higgins fault the team sucked that day.

While we all hope our early draft picks will be electrifying superstars, this kid reminds you how valuable it is to have a first year come in and look like he's been playing seniors forever. Nice pick up.

Higgins 22 disposals 8 marks vs Heppell 20 disposals 7 marks. Fairly even I'd have thought. Both played well, not Higgins fault the team sucked that day.

Huh? Why did you give his stats for the game? :confused:

Heppell didn't spend the game on Higgins but when he was on him he kept him very quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? Why did you give his stats for the game? :confused:

Heppell didn't spend the game on Higgins but when he was on him he kept him very quiet.

Well when you said Heppell got the better of Higgins, you'd assume he played better than him overall. Saying he got the better of him when he was on him doesn't say much really.

I could play on a guy for 5 minutes with him not getting a touch. Does that mean I got the better of him, even if he played well for the rest of the match?

Well when you said Heppell got the better of Higgins, you'd assume he played better than him overall. Saying he got the better of him when he was on him doesn't say much really.

I could play on a guy for 5 minutes with him not getting a touch. Does that mean I got the better of him, even if he played well for the rest of the match?

Well considering the whole discussion is revolving around Heppell playing loose or not, I thought it would have been pretty self explanitory.

BTW he spent a lot more than 5 minutes on him. More like 1/3 of game time. Tremendous effort for a first gamer.

Dyson wasn't on Higgins all the time. Plus Higgins got most of his disposals in the back when you blokes was struggling to get it out.

He's going to be good, he might be the best of the draftees in year 1, but over the years the rucks and KPPs will develop and inprove as well..

Very early call.

Very good young player, but I'm incredibly confident that the best player from this draft will be excellent at winning contested possessions. I can't think of an example where the best from a draft year was an outsider. He looks like a classy receiver to me. Obviously he is only young and may develop into a contested ball winning machine, but it doesn't look like his preferred style.

Explain Sidebottom then?

People have already forgotten Swallow? Not many third gamers could handle a tag and still collect 19 possessions and kick 2.1. Should go close to rising star this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyson Heppell - The Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back