DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked him in the hope he could string together some 80's and go up 50k then out. Just by trading gimpleton to pods doesn't give me enough cash to get a couple of fallen premium stars like my original plan by round 7.

Then you just wait it out and hold off on those upgrades for a few more weeks. There will always be other premiums ready to snag.

i traded our gumby for pods..

am going to trade out ziebell for either goodes or pav....probably goodes.

Ziebell has been ok but his bad weeks (every second week) are hurting me.

really want Goodes in

Why would you make that trade before teams are announced?

I am considering trading out Shuey or Hitchcock for Lucas and Rockliff respectively. I would prefer to get Rockliff because of his scoring of late and job security, but do not want to be a man down in the mids either. I already have Pods.

The main thing I am worrying about with either of these trades is that they only net me 40k or so...

Why would you make that trade before teams are announced?

Sorry I should have said im going to trade..havent done it yet, wont till Friday, i never trade before fridays.

Even so I may as well, Pods will 100% play this weekend, theres more chance of pav not playing than pods, thats how confident I am in it...

I am considering trading out Shuey or Hitchcock for Lucas and Rockliff respectively. I would prefer to get Rockliff because of his scoring of late and job security, but do not want to be a man down in the mids either. I already have Pods.

The main thing I am worrying about with either of these trades is that they only net me 40k or so...

If you have enough midfield cover and depending on the severity of Shuey's injury, I'd be inclined to keep him on the bench. If he only misses 4 weeks that isn't so bad, and remember you can only use 2 trades a week so should only be able to go through 4 cash cows in that time. As long as you have other guys making money then you could hold onto him knowing that when he comes back he will continue to fatten. Everyone will still need cash cows come r10, 11 and 12 so I think if the injury isn't too bad, keep him.

Hitchcock on the other hand is really struggling for points and hence isn't even rising by very much value. At the end of the day, if he keeps his spot in the Power outfit, he could be a guy you leave on the bench all year to cover injuries. Otherwise, now is probably as good a time as any to trade him down to either Rockliff or Pods if you need him as a cash cow for upgrades. Unfortunately, you will just have to cop that fact that your choice didn't turn out to be the right one when selecting him and burn a trade. But its not the end of the world

Sorry I should have said im going to trade..havent done it yet, wont till Friday, i never trade before fridays.

Even so I may as well, Pods will 100% play this weekend, theres more chance of pav not playing than pods, thats how confident I am in it...

No doubt hes got the form to play, but what if he comes down with an illness, or picks up an injury at training this week? Unlikely but not impossible

I cant understand why people are trading at Hitchcock, i really cant. He is going to be my lock and leave 9th forward for the rest of the season. Should play plenty of games for port as he is there only real small quick forward pocket type player.

However i cant really understand people missing out on some absolute bargains that will gain you alot of cash in the bank. Ive been pretty disappointed with Danger, he will come good later in the season as Adelaide improve but he just doesnt seem that greater scorer and hes being used mainly forward rather than midfield. He had 2 shocking scores in the last 2 games, also relied on kicking 5 goals when the game was over to get to 90 against Sydney. He will make more money but he has 2 bad scores to carry through with him in the rolling avg. I will probably trade him out for Rockliffe or Pods.

Now my next trade im unsure if im jumping the gun here, but i have relton roberts and doesnt seem like he will score that well or play many games. He doesnt look interested from what ive seen. I think ill do a sideways trade to Pods because he is going to make a heap of money. Although the trade will not get me any money, Pods will increase in price alot more than Roberts.

Do people think the trades are alright?
Danger > Rockliffe
Roberts > Podsiadlly

Also have Hall but expecting the dogs to smash the crows and hoping he can have a strong output. All has a 40 BE and should increase in price another 100 would be ideal.

With the pending price increase(unless they have a stinker):-

Hitchcock->Rockliff = ~+100k in team value
Shuey->Lucas = ~+80k in team value

The Hitchcock downgrade looks borderline ok but the Shuey downgrade is not worth a trade. Keep in mind that Blues have Cats, Pies and Saints for the next 3 weeks.

Urgent* Help.

What are people's thoughts on:
Out: Mitch Clark (370,200)
In: Dean Cox (380,100)

Cox's Breakeven 106, Clarks Breakeven 140. Just feel Cox is starting to hit form / get over injury. Clark doesn't look the play he was last year.
Understand that it may be a sideways trade though? Some advice would be great!

Have only done one trade so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it's not. It's a horrible team, and it's little wonder you are ranked in the 98,000s.

ROK & Brennan aside, that is worst forward line I've seen. You obviously have a penchant for flakey inconsistent players.

mine is worse:

F: Pavlich, Murphy, Gia, Hall Duncan, Dangerfield, Franklin (Gumbleton, Hitcock)

113, 600 in cash, 20 trades, thinking of blowing two trades this week which will put me down to 18 trades -

Hall > Pods, Dangerfield > Rockliffe

Backline is my strongest point, midfield is okay, not the greatest but it features Cooney, Mitchell, J Selwood and Thompson as keepers - Barlow and Bastinac fill in with Trengove and Martin on the bench. Round 6-9 trade I think many will trade aggressively and with the money ive been camping on, i should be able to reach fallen premiums. Suggestions?

Im thinking of getting rid of Hitchcock for Pods, anyone got any idea what Pods' value will go too?

Also thinking of getting rid of Hunt for Schmidt, to get some cash, while I still have Macguire, Nason or Waters as backup.

any ideas would be good.

Am I crazy in considering H.O'Brien ----> R.Hargrave? Hargrave is really tempting at the moment as we know that if he lifts his game the points are gonna roll in.

Harry might only have a BE of 73, but he's only surpassed that score in one game so far. I also have O'Brien in my side and I'm going to be trading him this week. Unfortunately his game seems to be more suited to SC as he doesn't take many marks or rack up the points, but he plays good football.

The main reason I'm trading him out this week instead of a weaker player is basically because I dont think there is much upside left in his price (although I could be totally wrong and probably will be!) whereas other players like rookies are still increasing by say 20-30K each week. Each to their own I guess. But I wouldn't be trading O'Brien to Hargrave because like another poster said Hargrave still has plenty of falling to do.

Danger's BE is 93 while Mayne's is 50... These two haven't set the world on fire by any means so now I'm considering my first upgrade. Danger to Pods and Mayne up to a 420k premium. Can anyone fault these trades? Rockliff and Pods then to play 7th forward for the moment with Hitchcock as backup. I'll then upgrade Hall in a few weeks time.

Considering these 2 trades as Danger is really starting to annoy me

Hitchy>Pods

Danger>400k (problem is i cant really see anyone that i LOVE, maybe harvey..)

Any opinions on a Gun forward ATM?

Urgent* Help.

What are people's thoughts on:
Out: Mitch Clark (370,200)
In: Dean Cox (380,100)

Cox's Breakeven 106, Clarks Breakeven 140. Just feel Cox is starting to hit form / get over injury. Clark doesn't look the play he was last year.
Understand that it may be a sideways trade though? Some advice would be great!

Have only done one trade so far.

Looks like a good move but sideways trading will either eat your injury trades or limit your ability to upgrade the weaker players on your team.

You might have to play a rookie/midpricer all year but will the points from Cox make up for it??

Your choice to make.

Danger's BE is 93 while Mayne's is 50... These two haven't set the world on fire by any means so now I'm considering my first upgrade. Danger to Pods and Mayne up to a 420k premium. Can anyone fault these trades? Rockliff and Pods then to play 7th forward for the moment with Hitchcock as backup. I'll then upgrade Hall in a few weeks time.

This is valid, but there are a few premiums to fall in price over the next couple of weeks. If I were you, I would go Danger to Pods, hold Mayne as he should reach his break even and then make ur move next week. This will leave you with a lot more cash than making the same move this week.

Mayne has Richmond this week too. If he pulls a 100 u will be kicking urself for missing out on further price rises.

Not sure whether i'll make any trades this week, did Roo>Goodes & Roberts>Rockliff last week and considering starting Rockliff this week instead of Tippett, whom I'm not gonna trade at the moment because I think he'll turn it around soon. Happy with 5 of my forward line...Franklin, Tippett, Rockliff, Gumby my last 4, I'm thinking of downgrading Gumby in a few weeks and upgrading one of Franklin & Tippett, keeping Rockliff for the time being.

Considering these 2 trades as Danger is really starting to annoy me

Hitchy>Pods

Danger>400k (problem is i cant really see anyone that i LOVE, maybe harvey..)

Any opinions on a Gun forward ATM?
EDIT thinking of now

Hitchy>Pods
Dangerfield>Harvey

Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back