DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, knew there would be at least one hero claiming Brennan's inconsistency after 1 week. :rolleyes:

He is still averaging 104 for the season. As BB said he had a very tight tag on him by Dunn and still managed to pull 69, i'm rapped with that personally, indication that his worst games/scores have lifted dramatically. Not many other clubs have a Lynden Dunn type who can play on those tall athletic players who are able to roam around the ground either.

Fairly obvious but i'll state it anyway; his inconsistency is mute so long as he has big games that counteract the odd bad one, only looking for a good average - unless of course you're focusing on League games.

+ He wont be tagged ahead of Black/Power/Rich very often.

unless of course you're focusing on League games which a lot of us here aren't.

Definitely more focused on league games, that said doing pretty well this year overall without being anything speccy (3200ish)

Fact stands i don't trust brennan as far as i can throw him, been burnt by him twice in the past, needs more than 3 100+ games to trust the guy again

Anyone with Naitanui as their 2nd Ruck thinking about upgrading him to Cox?

NicNat has a BE of 65 this week, and I think he'll struggle to hit that against Sandilands + it looks like Cox may have turned the corner.

Anyone with Naitanui as their 2nd Ruck thinking about upgrading him to Cox?

NicNat has a BE of 65 this week, and I think he'll struggle to hit that against Sandilands + it looks like Cox may have turned the corner.
Not at this stage. Cox isn't going to get the scores of past seasons purely because he'll share ruck duties with Naita. If I upgrade Naita it will be for Jamar, who's a stand alone ruckman.

Cox won't pull in the scores of seasons past imo.

But at his current price, and with no apparent injury issues and TOG getting up there, you can certainly do a lot worse.

Time will tell. It's his horrible consistency that is his massive downfall imo. Personally don't think he'll average 100, but even if he goes close will have too many games where he gets sub 60's.

That sorta thing costs you important games

what a disingenuous argument. either he averages well or doesn't average well. whether he chooses to score 100 every round or 0-200-0-200 means nothing since he's here as a keeper. I could just as easily (and incorrectly) say that inconsistency is good because it wins you important games.

I told you Swan couldn't back it up this year. He'd be lucky to average 100. He just scores far too many 80's. He needs more than three 100+ games for me to trust him again.

:rolleyes:

One game and they all come out of the woodwork. Didn't see too many bagging Brennan after his ton last week.

Yeah great call mate, did you watch the game? He was tagged by Dunn, who is a nightmare for those tall utility types. He still got 69, not the worst score.

Will average 100 this year, thats my "massive call".

agree!!!

Brennan was played left right and no where last year. This year he is in the midfield and that's where he will remain.

Brennan will prove to be a better pick than someone like Harvey - who will get the number 1 tag each week - thats my massive call.

Note: include power into that side and brennan won't get tagged.

Agree with what is being said about Brennan in regards to him being a good pick. So wish i picked him instead of Brown now. But i guess that is just bad luck in Brown getting injured.

However i think because he is so damaging now as a midfielder he might start finding some attention like he did on the weekend. By saying some attention i mean 5 rounds from here on in. With Black and Rich gaining the most attention.

I am seriously considering bringing in Ablett this week. He doesn;t represent value, however he represents massive points bonus especially as captain. Ive got 17 trades, and 300k in the bank with some really good cows.....very tempting....but i know I'll probably regret not picking up Swan/or Hayes who WILL trun it round. Hard decisions.

People who are bagging Brennan are being ridiculous. His average is over 100.

Having said that I do agree that he will start getting tagged more. If I was an opposition coach he would be the first Brisbane mid I would tag, mainly because Black is not as easy to tag. And in regards to Rich... are you kidding, he is not in the same league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, im pretty new to this and have issues in my forward line.
it is as follows
Pavlich
O'Keefe
Rioli
Pods
Franklin
Sam Wright
Gray
Duncan
Hitchcock

have 16 trades and 350K in the bank, just wondering if Gray is going to get any better, as a 300k player his first 2 scores 65,52. didnt want to spend all my money yet as i was looking to upgrade a rookie in my mid to ablett or swan pretty soon. any help would be great.

agree!!!

Brennan was played left right and no where last year. This year he is in the midfield and that's where he will remain.

Brennan will prove to be a better pick than someone like Harvey - who will get the number 1 tag each week - thats my massive call.

Note: include power into that side and brennan won't get tagged.

it's not like Brennan is easy to tag anyway. there aren't many 190+ guys in the midfield.

Fellas, not that i'd had this planned, but this MPP thing is going to work really well for me this week trading:

Backs - 6 keepers, Hunt, Silvagni, Nason
Forwards - 6 keepers, Grundy, Peterson, Relton (head slap!!)

Will trade Hunt to P.Davis.
Substitute P.Davis with Grundy
Trade Peterson to Didak/Sylvia (Have additional $124k in the bank)

Result:
Backs - 7 Keepers, Silvagni, Nason
Forawrds - 7 Keepers, P.Davis, Relton (head slap!!)

Now i can also switch Grundy and Davis in the event of being short in the forwards with Davis not playing.

Works pretty well for me!!

midfield is letting me down

Currently got Bartel and Selwood - looking to trade is Ablett. Is it a no-no to have all 3? Perhaps i should go for montagna or swan

Agree with what is being said about Brennan in regards to him being a good pick. So wish i picked him instead of Brown now. But i guess that is just bad luck in Brown getting injured.

However i think because he is so damaging now as a midfielder he might start finding some attention like he did on the weekend. By saying some attention i mean 5 rounds from here on in. With Black and Rich gaining the most attention.

What omit said. Who is going to tag Brennan? Who can actually tag Brennan?

I'd be tagging Rich anyway, he can turn a game in 10 mins. He's just so damaging.

I'm very tempted to trade Selwood to Judd. Waste of a trade? If the difference in Selwoods scores are the frees for then his scores won't improve because I think the reffs are on to him(finally:()

I am seriously considering bringing in Ablett this week. He doesn;t represent value, however he represents massive points bonus especially as captain. Ive got 17 trades, and 300k in the bank with some really good cows.....very tempting....but i know I'll probably regret not picking up Swan/or Hayes who WILL trun it round. Hard decisions.

I'm considering the same, but he does this every year and then goes on to miss games and have one average game in there.

$530k is just too much to pay for one person, particularly because he will come down over $50k with one 'average' (i.e 85) game. But those loss of Capitan points are keeping me up at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back