Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

So many players are linked with GWS so its so hard to say. Haynes seems like he has pushed into top 14 certainty and even apparently Brisbane will consider at 12 now. Emma Q thinks the doggies will target Crozier but she reckons he will be gone by than and Richmond, Freo arnt keen at picks 15 and 16 so is he a risk GWS are looking to take and a player they can see play that small forward role.

It also seems to be leaning of the way that GWS will now bank on Longer getting past pick 6 from port now and will try steal him at 7 while taking 4 very good mids with first 5 leaving Port with maybe a WHE, Buntine, Adams player. Wingard will go top 5 if Longer isnt picked i dare say.

This draft is really up in the air and players have massive ranges, i just hope GWS take some talls with 11 picks, hopefully 5 at least 4.

I think one player that people have going to high and myself now is Mcinnes he is a typical BF beat up player that not many would know about and have just put him top 15 because he is more a ready made type and has been pumped up on here.

From what I can gather/heard, your first point is spot on. In relation to the second point, the feeling I'm getting from those that should know is that the top 5 is done and dusted - at this time - with Patton, Coniglio, Tyson, WHE and Buntine locked in. That leaves Wingard and Longer in limbo. One would imagine that PA would snap up the local boy but who knows. Things can happen very quickly in the last week or so leading up to the draft. Remember Rich and Heppel sliding for no apparent reason in the final few days before their respective drafts.

From what I can gather/heard, your first point is spot on. In relation to the second point, the feeling I'm getting from those that should know is that the top 5 is done and dusted - at this time - with Patton, Coniglio, Tyson, WHE and Buntine locked in. That leaves Wingard and Longer in limbo. One would imagine that PA would snap up the local boy but who knows. Things can happen very quickly in the last week or so leading up to the draft. Remember Rich and Heppel sliding for no apparent reason in the final few days before their respective drafts.

Wingard our new Rich?:p

I think your pretty spot on with those 5 players making up the top 5, but im also hearing that the top 8 picks are just about locked in at the moment but these things can always change but at the minute the top 8 picks are looking like: Patton, Coniglio, Tyson, WHE, Buntine, Wingard, Tomlinson, greene. So that leaves GWS with the next 3 picks in a row prior to bris having pick 12 so you would think GWS might use one of those picks for longer, but as always time will tell.

I dont understand why wingard would slide. Even to us. Second best midfielder in the draft imo

It seems that he started dropping down the draft order when he started getting concussed on regular basis. Also I think GWS feel that he is a similar player to Jed Anderson who they will get as a zone selection and I believe they rate Anderson higher.

It seems that he started dropping down the draft order when he started getting concussed on regular basis. Also I think GWS feel that he is a similar player to Jed Anderson who they will get as a zone selection and I believe they rate Anderson higher.

Anderson is great but you can't draft him until next year.

GWS should pick Wingard in the top 5 and let WHE slide to Port.

Anderson is great but you can't draft him until next year.

GWS should pick Wingard in the top 5 and let WHE slide to Port.

But as a zone selection Anderson can still rejoin GWS for next season but just can't play seniors until the following year. But with Wingard GWS rate players like WHE higher then Wingard as they feel other players offer better team balance.

Also Wingard didn't go outstandingly well at the Combine like expected from a top 3-5 pick

Also heard that Port now might reconsider Swarzch? The father son option? At 51 if things work a certain way, and would be interested in picking him up in the rookie draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we get him and that would be a great deal if we managed to pull it off, but I really can't see him falling out of GWS's top 5.

I wonder if there was a handshake deal with the whole Cornes / Brogan saga where GWS said they'd let Port have Wingard?

You can get into pretty deep shit for draft tampering.

I hope we get him and that would be a great deal if we managed to pull it off, but I really can't see him falling out of GWS's top 5.
If you managed to pull it off? What exactly are you pulling off?

Anyone heard anything on the dogs? there doesnt seem to be much going around (other than we want Crozier) and was just wondering if anyone knows anything?

I would say with pick 17 you have interest in Crozier, Docherty, Talia (might get him later), Markworth and i think also interested in Mckenzie. All should be around your mark and depends who is gone and who the doggies rate higher but has been publicized that certainly the first 4 names are of interest to the dogs. I think Crozier may well be your number 1 target but they might be expecting him to go before there pick. If a Sumner, Greene, Kavanagh somehow slide im sure the doggies would pounce and not let through a possible A grade midfielder.

So if the top 5 of Coniglio, Patton, Tyson, WHE, Buntine seems locked and the top 8 locked with what other posters saying 6. Wingard, 7. Longer, 8. Greene and almost certainty that Haynes will be at GWS than surely they will need to look at a few more talls with the picks after, Tomlinson would be around the 9-11 range at the latest i would think. But surely they get to pick 9 with only 3 talls and with 4 picks left very likely that one is Haynes and also good chance of Crozier apparently so some more talls needed surely. Maybe they will only take 4 talls.

Will Brisbane pick a KPP in Tomlinson who i consider the clear second best behind Patton or a midfielder which they seem to be in favour of Greene over the rest.

It's not really like anybody else can pick him up.

That's true, it would also be very difficult to prove unless someone came forward and ratted them out.

Will Brisbane pick a KPP in Tomlinson who i consider the clear second best behind Patton or a midfielder which they seem to be in favour of Greene over the rest.

I hope we grab Tomlinson, even if we do go a bit early. The few KPP's in the 18-23 age group we have just have potential at this stage.

GWS conspiring with P.A to let a player slide to their pick is not tampering with the draft? How?

Clubs are entitled take whatever available player they want at their pick. It is as simple as that.

A player openly stating that he won't play for particular clubs is draft tampering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back