Draft Comp - Guess our 1st four picks

Remove this Banner Ad

With Dawson looking very likely I've changed my tune and I still feel the best value from this draft will be the mid types so I'd like to see them target mids with the early picks.

16 Greene
20 Newman
29 Dobosz
58 Tunbridge

I retract my previous attempt!!!

With Dawson looking very likely I've changed my tune and I still feel the best value from this draft will be the mid types so I'd like to see them target mids with the early picks.

16 Greene
20 Newman
29 Dobosz
58 Tunbridge

I retract my previous attempt!!!

Reckon we need a Newman type? He's decent but any other mids available around then? I like the other 3 though :thumbsu:

Reckon we need a Newman type? He's decent but any other mids available around then? I like the other 3 though :thumbsu:

Funny you say that I originally had Ellis and rate him higher but would be happy with Newman and he's probly the best local mid/ forward available at around that pick. Would also be happy with Taylor Adams at 16. :thumbsu:

16. Kersten
20. Newman
29. Lockyer
58. Tunbridge
71. PSD Pass
72. PSD pass
Rookie Dick, Horsley, Sandilands, Pearce..and rest
PSD. Davis, Dawson

A drunken complete guess. Not even sure if its actually possible.

16 - Taylor Adams
20 - Shane Kersten
29 - Murray Newman
58 - Josh Bootsma
71 - Brad Hill
72 - Simon Tunbridge

I may be dreaming a bit :)

No Zac Dawson for you then?

I guess if Tunbridge is available at 72 we'd have to think long and hard about whether we go for the experience and height of Zac or punt on the youth of Tunbridge as another slightly undersized KPD.

Personally I'd take leave Hill and take Tunbridge at 71 and leave 72 so we can get Zac.

No Zac Dawson for you then?

I guess if Tunbridge is available at 72 we'd have to think long and hard about whether we go for the experience and height of Zac or punt on the youth of Tunbridge as another slightly undersized KPD.

Personally I'd take leave Hill and take Tunbridge at 71 and leave 72 so we can get Zac.

Has Zac nominated for the main draft? No he didn't, I'll answer my own question.

As mentioned in other threads I am hopeless at picking what we will actually choose but:

16 - Shane Kersten (So long as he is still at pick 16 this seems obvious - he fits immediate and longer term needs. Silly comments on internet and height will be overlooked)
20 - Joel Hamling (We like our Claremont players and dumping three talls from our list will mean we are more likely then not take more talls. This guy's really good height will make up for Kersten's sub-optimal height. Needs a lot of time but has the prequisite marking skills and speed.)
29 - Shane Nelson (I reckon he will fall this far. We like West Perth players and we like judging the results of the skill test and speed/endurance)
58 - Josh Bootsma (Not a fan but I reckon they might like him as a speedy "small" or 3rd man defender - I can see this happening so long as his skills aren't too bad. We seem to take project players around this mark and Bootsma is a classic example. If Hill is still available at this point then he would go, but I don't reckon he will be.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i will be the happiest little dockers fanatic if this eventuates.....
16-Taylor Adams or Elliot Kavanagh (prefer adams though)
20-Kersten (better than darling)
29-Waylon Manson or Tommy Sheridan (both exciting prospects)
58-Alex Woodward (the next Daniel Kerr)
71-Kyle Horsley (immediate impact)
72-PSD Zac Dawson (replace Antoni)

Bond and Lloyd never end up doing what we think they will, so I'm just gonna post my wishlist.:p

#16 Taylor Adams
#20 Shane Kersten
#29 Andrew Bosley
#58 Josh Bootsma
#71 Kyle Horsley

PSD Zac Dawson

I'd like to see it go this way ...

Kavanagh
Lockyer
Nelson
Tunbridge
Horsley

Kavanagh will drop, not sure he will drop this much but I think we are an outside shot ...just could not see us passing on him if he is there.

If we go this way we have strengthened our midfield stocks, plus in Tunbridge and Lockyer you have a couple of reasonably biggish young-uns who could grow into key roles forward or back.

Pre-injury Kavanagh would of been a top 10 monty, plus I rate Tunbridge as top 25 ....I'd be pretty darn happy to pick up this talent.

You would also expect Horsley and Lockyer to push for senior selection - so we get a small top up on depth.

I like the idea of picking up Kavanagh... especially considering how far he's dropped, and the mix of inside/outside. The main thing that bothers me though is that he's a Vic Metro boy, and the rumour about his old man trying to discourage interstate clubs from picking him.

That's the main reason I'm hoping that Richmond pass on Taylor Adams and let him slip through to us. Vic Country boy. Perfect fit for skills and leadership. I reckon (hope maybe) Brissie will pass on him as they've already got some solid, inside mids.

My thoughts...

16. Kersten
20. Ellis
29. Boseley
58. Tunbridge (had Lockyer, but realised I was dreaming that he'd slip this far)

Dear God, I will rue this club if they draft Bootsma. Nothing more than in the top couple of a country footy colts team.

i agree!!! Bootsma is not afl quality....i wouldnt even take him for free....He will be a list clogger for 2 years that we just dont need. Who cares if his dad played 20 odd average games for us. There are so many better players than him and this is a weak draft. That says it all.
If he comes to us, brad lloyd will not be getting his xmas card! Also if Adams is gone before 16 and we let kavanagh go to the bombers ill boycott all games in twenty twelve

I don't remember ever knowing so much about a draft... but anyway:

16. Adams
20. Kersten
29. Talia
58. Hill
72. Tunbridge

My guess, with alternatives in brackets...

#16 - Taylor Adams (Brandon Ellis)
#20 - Shane Kersten (Tom Sheridan)
#28 - Fraser McInnes (Josh Bootsma, Sam Kerridge)
#58 - Lachie Neale (Lee Spurr, Kyal Horsley, Simon Tunbridge)
#71 - Tom Lee (Clancee Pearce)
#72 - Pass

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Comp - Guess our 1st four picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back