Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Who is stiff not to make the list?

• Jake Pitman

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Declan Watson

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Ben Long

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Jamie Hampton

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Callum Brown

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Jarrod Korehwa

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Mitch McCarthy

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Kim LeBois

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Quinton Narkle

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell making player profiles is time consuming with still heaps more i could do, I should have my final update to my Phantom Draft on the 21st. I'll be doing every pick and include profiles of potential rookies. I'll be doing some minor profiles for players in next years draft as well which will have its own thread on the Phantom board.
I reckon you do a fantastic job with this stuff DPS, well done. Just a quick question for you. Do you know how many players are invited officially to the draft? And is it just an assumption that if there were say 15 invited then they would be have been flagged by at least one club as a potential first round pick, or is that a given?

FYI, Josh Battle is 194cm's

Looking forward to you final draft.

I reckon you do a fantastic job with this stuff DPS, well done. Just a quick question for you. Do you know how many players are invited officially to the draft? And is it just an assumption that if there were say 15 invited then they would be have been flagged by at least one club as a potential first round pick, or is that a given?

FYI, Josh Battle is 194cm's

Looking forward to you final draft.
Cheers mate :) it's usually 15 but Brett Anderson is saying it's closer to 20. He knows the list but isnt revealing the whole thing. Think clubs in the top 10 nominate players they could take in the top 10. It's a way to make sure that they have the top 10 players in attendance to do the jumper presentation and all that. Yeah I always thought he looked bigger than 192

Cheers mate :) it's usually 15 but Brett Anderson is saying it's closer to 20. He knows the list but isnt revealing the whole thing. Think clubs in the top 10 nominate players they could take in the top 10. It's a way to make sure that they have the top 10 players in attendance to do the jumper presentation and all that. Yeah I always thought he looked bigger than 192
Yeah he has been invited, just wondered how many were. Just quietly, if I was doing this I would have him in a draft range of 8 - 16.

Yeah he has been invited, just wondered how many were. Just quietly, if I was doing this I would have him in a draft range of 8 - 16.
Someone on the Bombers board reported Port where very keen on him. Also overheard Dodoro at the game that He kicked 6 in a final say that he doesn't expect him to be available at 20

Someone on the Bombers board reported Port where very keen on him. Also overheard Dodoro at the game that He kicked 6 in a final say that he doesn't expect him to be available at 20
Port are extremely keen, so is Adelaide.

Awesome work mate. :thumbsu:

You hearing anything about who we're into?
You would be into a lot of players, Battle would be one but honestly it's hard to say for anything after the first round. Still a lot to play out for the first round it's hardly settled and you guys are a good chance to swoop on a slider

You would be into a lot of players, Battle would be one but honestly it's hard to say for anything after the first round. Still a lot to play out for the first round it's hardly settled and you guys are a good chance to swoop on a slider
Fair enough. Would have thought Battle wouldn't get past clubs like Port, WB, Sydney and Essendon between picks 14 and 20 though and with us having McCartin, Bruce and Membrey, it's hard to see us seeing someone like Battle as a priority, unless we play on trying him down back.

Really hoping for SPP personally.

Fair enough. Would have thought Battle wouldn't get past clubs like Port, WB, Sydney and Essendon between picks 14 and 20 though and with us having McCartin, Bruce and Membrey, it's hard to see us seeing someone like Battle as a priority, unless we play on trying him down back.

Really hoping for SPP personally.
SPP would be a good get, I think you guys are in a position to take the best available with your first pick and maybe look for needs later in the draft. Might be a chance of a decent tall defender being available at your next pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPP would be a good get, I think you guys are in a position to take the best available with your first pick and maybe look for needs later in the draft. Might be a chance of a decent tall defender being available at your next pick
Yeah I wouldn't mind someone like Sproule with 36, to develop down back in particular, or B Cox/Maibaum.

Yeah I wouldn't mind someone like Sproule with 36, to develop down back in particular, or B Cox/Maibaum.
All would be solid options along with Ridley, Himmelberg and Garthwaite. This draft is pretty good for defenders of all types and you shoudl go best available at your first pick which may even fit your needs anyway. Josh Rotham would be a fantastic pick with his speed and athleticsm from defense.

All would be solid options along with Ridley, Himmelberg and Garthwaite. This draft is pretty good for defenders of all types and you shoudl go best available at your first pick which may even fit your needs anyway. Josh Rotham would be a fantastic pick with his speed and athleticsm from defense.
I like Rotham (in particular his speed and kicking) and it sounds like he could definitely be in the mix at 23, but to me he seems an awful lot like a slightly taller and right-footed version Brandon White, who we got last year and are meant to rate really highly (and who made his senior debut in R23), and then we also have Dylan Roberton (194cm) firmly entrenched in our 22, so I do wonder if we really need another similar type to them (tall, skinny, "flanker" who isn't really strong enough for the 3rd-tall role). In particular I'm a bit concerned that Josh might not see much if any senior action in his first couple of years and may look to shoot back to WA at the end of his first contract, if he doesn't.

Would all depend on who else is available or off the board by then though of course and it would be far from the worst thing in the world to add someone with speed and skill and a good all-round game!

Witherden is probably another one that would be right in the mix if he makes it through to 23. Reminds me a lot of Jack Newnes, who started off his AFL career rebounding off HB, but has now transitioned to a full-time wing role.

I like Rotham (in particular his speed and kicking) and it sounds like he could definitely be in the mix at 23, but to me he seems an awful lot like a slightly taller and right-footed version Brandon White, who we got last year and are meant to rate really highly (and who made his senior debut in R23), and then we also have Dylan Roberton (194cm) firmly entrenched in our 22, so I do wonder if we really need another similar type to them (tall, skinny, "flanker" who isn't really strong enough for the 3rd-tall role). In particular I'm a bit concerned that Josh might not see much if any senior action in his first couple of years and may look to shoot back to WA at the end of his first contract, if he doesn't.

Would all depend on who else is available or off the board by then though of course and it would be far from the worst thing in the world to add someone with speed and skill and a good all-round game!

Witherden is probably another one that would be right in the mix if he makes it through to 23. Reminds me a lot of Jack Newnes, who started off his AFL career rebounding off HB, but has now transitioned to a full-time wing role.
Rotham I could see becoming a midfielder he even played midfield and a bit forward in the WAFL so he has a few strings. Depending on what an AFL club sees in him he should be able to play many roles

Have you heard how he tested for endurance at the combine?

Also did Witherden really average 23 disposals per game in his two games against senior VFL teams? That would be pretty good going if he did. Will be interesting to see where he lands.
I'm not sure I might have to do some research on that. Sorry that was a typo it should have been TAC

Finally finished the whole draft! Its a bit of a mess at the end not knowing for sure how many picks teams would take but went mostly by the Final draft order shown on the AFL site. This has taken hours and hours and hours and its finally done and cant wait for the real thing!

Pick 40 - St Kilda - Elliot Himmelberg - Bid Not Matched

With Elliot he can just be taken other clubs don't have to bid on him. He's in the Lions academy Brisbane can't taken him as an academy selection because he hasn't live in Queensland long enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Back