Rumour Deledio to go to Franklin

• Thread starter Rumblah#16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

R

Rumblah#16

Rumour from a bloke on the Tigers board. If so, Franklin to the goal square and just drop high balls on him.

Surely they'll make a move before it gets to that, but if not, :thumbsu:.

Thoughts?

Deledio is a gun but is not a natural defender & I would expect Buddy to chop him on the turn if we can get enough quick ball to him & the 50 is open & Bud has enough space to work in.

He is very quick and agile though and could hurt him the other way. Would certianly make buddy work hard when they have it

If Buddy isn't deep forward I think it is a cleverish move by Richmond. Buddy doesn't have his marking game 100% at the moment and Deledio can really run off Buddy making Lance work harder than ever to thwart Deledios attacks.

I think Buddy when deep won't be on Lids. However Richmond don't have many options at the moment without Moore, McGuane, and Rance.

Have to try something.

He is very quick and agile though and could hurt him the other way. Would certianly make buddy work hard when they have it

Buddy already works hard enough for mine.

We will tag Deledio, probably Lewis or someone.

So not sure how this is going to work if he does go to Buddy. I reckon tigers should be more worried about Burgoyne (solid form) and Roughead (modest form) but Rough could relish the lack of quality tall defenders avail

If Buddy isn't deep forward I think it is a cleverish move by Richmond. Buddy doesn't have his marking game 100% at the moment and Deledio can really run off Buddy making Lance work harder than ever to thwart Deledios attacks.

I think Buddy when deep won't be on Lids. However Richmond don't have many options at the moment without Moore, McGuane, and Rance.

Have to try something.

Buddy has the capacity to run any player in the league of there legs:cool:.

Why are we worried so much about match ups.:confused:

The only player that can beat buddy is buddy himself:D

Surely not, whilst Deledio would give an admirable effort around the ground and win his fair share of ball, there is now way he could go with him deep forward, both for sheer height and strength. Franklin would be at least 10kg heavier than him.

it would be great watching them both running in the middle though.

Surely not, whilst Deledio would give an admirable effort around the ground and win his fair share of ball, there is now way he could go with him deep forward, both for sheer height and strength. Franklin would be at least 10kg heavier than him.

it would be great watching them both running in the middle though.

Franklin 196cm 101kg
Deledio 188cm 88kg

It's not really a bad move, Deledio is definitely quick enough to get away from Buddy and their marking skills are probably on par, plus Deledio will be strong and quick enough to tackle Buddy if he tries to run around/through Deledio.

I think I was the one who suggested that, although I also said it was a left field idea, and very unlikely ( and, I stress, I have no idea what the club is thinking ).

The basic idea is that Buddy's more of an oversized mid than a power forward, so the lack of height/size would matter less than if Lids went to Roughhead (definately a bad idea). Lids could match up well with Buddy for speed and agility getting to the ball and when the ball is on the ground.

Buddy should still win when Hawthorn is in attack (size does matter), but Lids would kill him on the rebound and overall, it could be a win to Richmond, while most other matchups would just seek to 'lose by less'.

Please make it happen Hardwick!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

Even if Deledio could run with Buddy (and I am not saying he can), I doubt that he would be able to run off Buddy more than a couple of times in the match. And even if he did, he would likely be under pressure (Buddy chasing) and be of far less effect than he usually is.

IMO it would be a huge tactical blunder to play Deledio on such an effective forward. Again IMO, from a Tiggers perspective, Deledio should be played on our worst / slowest forward so he can damage going the other way. With the supply Buddy is likely to get, remembering we had something like 45 more I-50's than Melb last week, he is going to have minimum 5 shots at goal (1.4 ???) and so Deledio's job would be to defend, not to rebound.

If the Tiggers want to put their only genuine rebounder on Buddy; concede his run out of defence; & still give up 5 shots on goal, then go for it - just let me get down to the TAB first as this game just became a dead cert for the win...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour from a bloke on the Tigers board. If so, Franklin to the goal square and just drop high balls on him.

Surely they'll make a move before it gets to that, but if not, :thumbsu:.

Thoughts?

I am fair dinkum going to burst...

Buddy already works hard enough for mine.

We will tag Deledio, probably Lewis or someone.

So not sure how this is going to work if he does go to Buddy. I reckon tigers should be more worried about Burgoyne (solid form) and Roughead (modest form) but Rough could relish the lack of quality tall defenders avail

I suggested somewhere on this website this week that Burgoyne is where I would be sending Deledio.

Deledio on Buddy is feasible. It actually reaks of the time Crawf played in defence on Hird at the height of Hirds powers. Crawf took him to the cleaners.

Hope for a different result this time obviously.

If its coming in to attack as it should be though I'd be backing Bud 75% of the time.

Doubt it's gonna happen but i actually don't mind the match up. He's gonna have the leg speed and endurance to go with him all night, and he won't get killed in the air because contested marking is not Buddy's strength.

Doubt it's gonna happen but i actually don't mind the match up. He's gonna have the leg speed and endurance to go with him all night, and he won't get killed in the air because contested marking is not Buddy's strength.

And of course he will get a heap of free kicks.

we will sit buddy in the square and kick it long. contested marking is Deledio biggest weakness. PLus it takes Deledio out of the game. Buddy will also find the body and push off on leads which will be the absolute easiest bag buddy ever kicks.

Rough at chf wil destroy any tiger they care to put on him.

Then after all that who goes to burgoyne?? Newman?? Probably.

Last week we had ten goal kickers, Tigers have some worries.

We just have to stop Jack and Gibson is the man for mine or stratton.

Lewis to Newman in the defensive forward role for mine Marked Man. Lewis also has the ability to find space - if Newman wasnt careful or tried to run off & it was turned over then I would be comfortable that Lewis would find space as effectively as anyone else in our team.

Just ducking down to the TAB and plonking some large of Franklin leading goalkicker of the round!

Do you have internet access old man? Have you not seen the commercial? Do it online man!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back