Review Dees v Eagles and the Ghost of Murray Wrensted: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

It really has been. List is about to fall off a cliff i reckon. Trac, Koz, McVee, Windsor, Lever, Riv, JVR(just) are about the only blokes I'm interested in watching moving forward. No idea wtf the plan is to replace May or Gawn? Or even how to fix our forward half problems. List all of a sudden looks very limp.
Another problem is no depth mate. Who do we win bring in? A couple of years ago it was a fight to get into the seniors. How times change and so quickly. I think Simon should just bring in some more kids.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ha ha. I was trying fire myself up for a classic anti-goody rant but I just don’t care enough to be honest.

Mind you, I still think he’s a ****ing imbecile btw. All he’s ever done is copy what the current best side of the day does. Dogs won a flag with a play-on run’n’gun style so dildo brain copied that for a couple of years.

Next, the tigers emerged with the forward-half pressure style so pube head copied that, and tbf, we did win a flag playing this brand. Except we didn’t. We basically played a high risk style for a few weeks that seemed driven by player confidence as much as anything.

Two more years of this forward-half kick to the pockets style produced nothing but straight sets exits and searing pain in the eye sockets.

Then, first Geelong and then Collingwood developed a short kicking on the angle attack from the back half style that good old Simon brain eaten by worms or destroyed by prolonged drug use Goodwin tries to implement this season. Except the nothing in the noggin halfwit lacks the sophistication or nouse to either understand it or communicate it to the players.

So here we are. A complete ****ing unwatchable shit-stained mess.

When Luke Jackson didn’t re-sign it was because of Narrm.

When we doubled down on a playing style and squad that the game had gone past it was because of Narrm.

When we decided that players were automatic selections because of past glories it was because of Narrm.

When we decided we were only Luke Dunstan away from back to back it was because of Narrm.

When we went out in straight sets in 2022 it was because of Narrm.

When we recruited Brodie Grundy and set up in a way that reduced both his and Gawn’s strengths it was because of Narrm.

When Clayton Oliver decided he’d rather bend windscreen wipers and use Persian rugs than be a professional it was because of Narrm.

When Melksham did his knee, Petty his foot and Smith Colombian Marching Powder towards the end of 23 it was because of Narrm.

When we lost in straight sets in 23 it was because of Narrm.

Always Sunny Fx GIF
Because of Naarm
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of Naarm
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of Naarm
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of Naarm, I am afraid

Another problem is no depth mate. Who do we win bring in? A couple of years ago it was a fight to get into the seniors. How times change and so quickly. I think Simon should just bring in some more kids.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd actually be happy if we went that path for the rest of 2024 tbh. Goody has at least played some kids this season. Probably time to rotate Tholstrup and Laurie through. Maybe give Verall a go at some stage and rest Max. Moniz-Wakefield and Sestan have been going ok. I'd be hoping both get a debut soon.

Midfield got spanked tonight. Fumbly, poor disposal and completely out worked on the spread. Viney and Oliver are giving us very little. Petracca needed to play full time mid after Q1.

Forward line still closes down pockets of space rather than create it. Kicking to Sparrow at true CHF on a number of occasions was also interesting.

Last edited:
Ha ha. I was trying fire myself up for a classic anti-goody rant but I just don’t care enough to be honest.

Mind you, I still think he’s a ******* imbecile btw. All he’s ever done is copy what the current best side of the day does. Dogs won a flag with a play-on run’n’gun style so dildo brain copied that for a couple of years.

Next, the tigers emerged with the forward-half pressure style so pube head copied that, and tbf, we did win a flag playing this brand. Except we didn’t. We basically played a high risk style for a few weeks that seemed driven by player confidence as much as anything.

Two more years of this forward-half kick to the pockets style produced nothing but straight sets exits and searing pain in the eye sockets.

Then, first Geelong and then Collingwood developed a short kicking on the angle attack from the back half style that good old Simon brain eaten by worms or destroyed by prolonged drug use Goodwin tries to implement this season. Except the nothing in the noggin halfwit lacks the sophistication or nouse to either understand it or communicate it to the players.

So here we are. A complete ******* unwatchable s**t-stained mess.
Our style sucks no doubt but I just think our group is no good anymore. We just couldn't match west coast anywhere. We couldn't handle their pressure at all. We couldn't apply any pressure. We got nothing from turnover and when we did we didn't know what to do. Not sure the point in playing guys like Brown when we play this boring down the line style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One positive for me is for the first time in a while I'm really keen on watching us play.
Gonna be super interesting to see how we respond to that next week.

I mean we got smashed against Carlton and the Lions but they're sort of good teams, and we did our usual trick of making those games close to paper over those massive cracks.

No hiding from this one, that's our biggest loss for the year, against a bottom 4 team. Jayden Hunt was scoring goals against us, we're a laughing stock this week.

One positive for me is for the first time in a while I'm really keen on watching us play.
Gonna be super interesting to see how we respond to that next week.

I mean we got smashed against Carlton and the Lions but they're sort of good teams, and we did our usual trick of making those games close to paper over those massive cracks.

No hiding from this one, that's our biggest loss for the year, against a bottom 4 team. Jayden Hunt was scoring goals against us, we're a laughing stock this week.

Can we blame injuries to our key forwards?

Hahahahahahaha
Good **** them, you go in with the arrogance of selecting the donkey and the fuzz ball doing **** all and you get that. **** Melbourne, **** the coaching staff and congrats to the eagles they were entertaining to watch
Harley Reid's already better than peak Oliver.

We absolutely had no idea how to play at the tempo the eagles did we looked completely rattled. Pickett was able to through the middle. Oliver and Viney were dog shit. Petracca came to life and carried us in the 3rd and McAdam looked dangerous. That's it.
Hope we lose again next week it's fun

Is anyone surprised? Experienced Eagles listed yesterday;

Withereden
Barrass
McGovern
Duggan
Sheed
Waterman
Cripps
Darling
Ryan
Hunt

Up and coming guns in Reid (the kid is literally A grade already), Ginbey, Chesser.

WC are far from being a bad or inexperienced side. They definitely don’t look like rebuilding.

Melbourne are a long way from another premiership. Too far in fact. Glad we saw one. As for the COVID pandemic rubbish, get stuffed. 18 teams played and 18 teams put up with changed conditions. We’ve also had chances the last two years. But there’s something not right now.

That wall will come really fast when May and Gawn slow down. There’s nothing else there.

Last edited:
Not including 2020's shortened matches, this is the least amount of inside 50's - 35 that Naarm has recorded in a match since 2015......Glad we are paying the midfield what we are.

Fritsch playing in front in the 3rd and 4th quarters suddenly became dangerous, well **** me. This coaching staff suck so much.

Literally enjoyed watching Reid and Waterman play more than Melbourne this year.
Watching Reid burst through the middle heading forward was exciting. Then there was a clearance we won with Oliver running backwards eventually hooking the ball long and high into the forward 50 arc. Probably best somes up the difference. We just looked on the back foot all game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back