Review Dees v Port West Horsham: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Petty for Brown is the long term change we need to make but they’re not dropping Brown off that game I think.
I hate brown so much but his kick to Fritsch was probably one of the best kicks inside 50 all year by anyone. Needs more than 3 disposals at ¾ time though.

I hate brown so much but his kick to Fritsch was probably one of the best kicks inside 50 all year by anyone. Needs more than 3 disposals at ¾ time though.
His kick to Chandler in the third quarter that was somehow spoiled by a great defensive effort was fantastic too. He is a lovely kick going inside 50.

His kick to Chandler in the third quarter that was somehow spoiled by a great defensive effort was fantastic too. He is a lovely kick going inside 50.
Low an flat, real shame he can't get around the ground cause if we get it in his hands 5x outside 50 he finds 2/3 marks a game inside 50.

Low an flat, real shame he can't get around the ground cause if we get it in his hands 5x outside 50 he finds 2/3 marks a game inside 50.
And he weights the ball perfectly too. He should absolutely be a skills coach when he finishes up.

And he weights the ball perfectly too. He should absolutely be a skills coach when he finishes up.
Yeah he kicks it how he'd want it kicked to himself. That one he hit to Fritsch was one of those when you were stabbing em at training where you just go yep ****ing nailed that in ya head. Drags the forward to the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One bad all night was our inability to bring as much pressure as we would have liked for a big game.

We lost the tackles by 10 and weren't able to pressure their ball movement or stop clean clearances from them out of the middle - they won clearances by 15.

Very pleasing to find new ways to win without it having to look like a "melbourne game"

Ben Brown rolled back the rock of irrelevance and rose again to save us from our sins

Easter Bunny Loop GIF by Ecard Mint

Good: McVee's kick ins.
When we went for that spoil @ 2:50 it reminded me of the end of the Carlton final. Sometimes you just have to accept that you arent going to get there and make the guy kick over the mark. I like McVee a lot but he really needs to cut this out of his game.

When we went for that spoil @ 2:50 it reminded me of the end of the Carlton final. Sometimes you just have to accept that you arent going to get there and make the guy kick over the mark. I like McVee a lot but he really needs to cut this out of his game.

He really does commit to the all or nothing final. Just got to judge those little moments a bit better. I'd rather have him forced to kick from the boundary for sure

There's Dees fans who didn't want to change the game plan?

Anyways, there's this...

That was what we were arguing about all last year wasn't it? Those who thought the game plan was the main issue vs those who thought goal kicking accuracy was the main issue.

I don't think we changed a whole heap with our gameplan last night, we're still going wide and long at times. We've just been better at bringing it to ground and not being out marked in the last few games.

We had a couple of goes at coming through the middle from the wing or half back, I don't remember any of them working. It is good to see them try to take it. But felt pretty much like an old game to me just executed very well. We where able to surge it when the ball hit the deck, but they where able to as well

There where quite a few times on the long and wide we kicked to an out number as well

Not shitting on the win, but i don't think we deserve praise for reinventing the wheel

That was what we were arguing about all last year wasn't it? Those who thought the game plan was the main issue vs those who thought goal kicking accuracy was the main issue.

CBF going back through it all tbh, but I'm pretty sure I thought the goal kicking cost us games, but also said the game plan needed tweaking.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he did some coaching but probably for AFLW. He’s been a huge advocate for the competition

I don't think we changed a whole heap with our gameplan last night, we're still going wide and long at times. We've just been better at bringing it to ground and not being out marked in the last few games.

We had a couple of goes at coming through the middle from the wing or half back, I don't remember any of them working. It is good to see them try to take it. But felt pretty much like an old game to me just executed very well. We where able to surge it when the ball hit the deck, but they where able to as well

There where quite a few times on the long and wide we kicked to an out number as well

Not shitting on the win, but i don't think we deserve praise for reinventing the wheel
Yeah not to down play the win, coz a win interstate is always welcome but Port can be scored against, I'm glad we did rack up a score but I'm not falling into us totally yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back