Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and what do you think we would have to give up for him? no way GC will let a number 1 draft pick go cheaply! and out first rounder is already out of the equation. Second rounder and tarrant?

and what do you think we would have to give up for him? no way GC will let a number 1 draft pick go cheaply! and out first rounder is already out of the equation. Second rounder and tarrant?

why is our 1st rounder out? unless any of the below clubs nominate we can use our second rounder. Either way though, GC will want 1st rounder and a decent player.

Well his stocks have not risen this year. With the word on Martin is that he is as good as O'Meara then David may struggle to get much time on the ball. He would be rated the 5th best mid at best.

Number 1 pick should not carry much weight - especially against exposed form. Watts is testiment to that.

why is our 1st rounder out? unless any of the below clubs nominate we can use our second rounder. Either way though, GC will want 1st rounder and a decent player.
well Luke Mcdonald is a top 3-4 pick mate, i'm positive a team below us will nominate even if they don't want him just because we have already committed to taking him anyway

The chance of getting Luke with a 2nd round pick is now out of the equasion - we had to finish 14th to be any chance. Even then it would take some luck.

Didn't Gold Coast rate Luke higher then Martin and Hogan last year? I think they'd be jumping at the opportunity to get him for pick #5.

If our highest 'live' pick is in the mid 20's, I'm not sure how we can get Swallow

GC might decide a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If they are fairly certain that he'll walk at the end of 2014 they might be more open to negotiating now and getting at least something for David.

Flip side is that they might think they'll get more out of a trade at the end of 2014, if Dribbles and us are keen on each other and don't want to risk somebody else snaffling him in the draft.

Didn't Gold Coast rate Luke higher then Martin and Hogan last year? I think they'd be jumping at the opportunity to get him for pick #5.

If our highest 'live' pick is in the mid 20's, I'm not sure how we can get Swallow

Perhaps that pick and Luke Delaney. Wishful thinking I know but they need defenders. Luke is a required player and I'd like us to keep him but to get Swallow it'd be worth it.

Just hate the idea of waiting another year. Need this group playing together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well Luke Mcdonald is a top 3-4 pick mate, i'm positive a team below us will nominate even if they don't want him just because we have already committed to taking him anyway

we wont know till its time for nominations. we all thought gws were going to nominate viney but they did a deal. its a wait and see on this topic

Does anyone else get the feeling David is actually a limited footballer?

I know he has had troubles with his knees but he has played loose off half back all year and hasn't been all that impressive. I don't think he would be in our current midfield rotation at the moment either, so he is no chance of playing on half back with Atley, Mullet, McDonald, McKenzie etc.

I know he has had troubles with his knees but he has played loose off half back all year and hasn't been all that impressive. I don't think he would be in our current midfield rotation at the moment either, so he is no chance of playing on half back with Atley, Mullet, McDonald, McKenzie etc.
he is EXACTLY what we need. An inside midfield of cunners, spitta and ziebell complimented by the outside work of basti, wells, harps, spitta jnr in a few years with mullet, atley, mcdonald off half back. Oh man what a midfield that would be

I expect he would blossom at North, for a number of reasons.

No. He's played back pocket and done a number of good jobs, including giving our own LT a very hard time of it. He should not be judged on this year given his injury troubles. He could potentially be our best midfielder

No. He's played back pocket and done a number of good jobs, including giving our own LT a very hard time of it. He should not be judged on this year given his injury troubles. He could potentially be our best midfielder

Really? You think he could be better than Ziebell or Cunnington? I don't even think he will be as good as Andrew Swallow, not that that is any mean feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back