Universal Love Dane Swan inducted into the AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Swanny was an absolute champion footballer, yet most of all I loved/love his salt of the earth personality, no BS and dry sense of humour. Simply one of a kind. Huge congratulations to him. 👏👏👏👏

Very well-deserved by Swanny.

A big congratulations to him :)

xhpbqkuF.jpg

GQWePiTbcAE_brn

Fitting reward for a stellar career.

Only thing left for him to do is to start breeding. His parents deserve lots and lots of little Swanny grandkids.

A very different cat is our Swanny.
Even down to not wearing the required dress code.
Listening to him talk though you wonder how many players over the years have slipped through the cracks. Players who didn’t have the support within a club when they made mistakes.
He certainly took his second chance and made the most of it.
Deserved hall of fame member. Now for Collingwood to catch up.

Plenty usually though they don't get drafted at all. H
What clubs deem high risk types.

Congratulations Swanny well deserves absolutely a champion of not just Collingwood but the game.

Agree with others 2nd to Buckley as the best pie I've seen, Pendles 3rd and young Nick making a great start to one day join them.

Apologies if the intrusion isn't welcome but just wanted to say how well deserved this is.

I lost count of the number of ANZAC Day games he used to dominate, not to mention all those finals.

Fantastic player over the journey and it's good to see him recognised as such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Swanny, but his whole "I hated training, loved partying" is a bit overdone. You don't play 258 games, including 8 straight seasons of 20+ games, without doing a power of work.

He’s the Rob Gronkowski of the AFL. Hates meetings but is an extreme competitor and is driven by playing and succeeding with his mates.

Absolutely unstoppable in his prime. Shame injuries forced him to retire early, I was certain he was going to finish his career as a 40+ goal forward.

He’s no “cunning linguist”. Well played Swanny. A great speech.

IIRC back in his playing days players used to challenge each other to somehow put certain words into their speeches or interviews and see if anyone noticed. That’s probably what happened here. Difficult one to hide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back