Crows' 'tamper' affair

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry - but if this is as bad as it is beginnning to look ... AFC will be in a world of hurt beyond what you outline above.

Secondary contracts, exit-payments, payments not reported during the contract.

It's not at all even slightly a little bit average. Its gonna be a big hole in Adelaides future.

Players won't stay on, we won't get the kids in etc ... maybe to the depths they put Carlton through, but in the same ball-park.

Hell, nobody could call you a pessimist.......MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must be an optimist because I believe exactly the opposite!!!!

This will MASSIVELY galvanise our playing group....

You are seriously under-estimating guys like Danger, Sloane, Talia and co.

An Us against Them mentality will be the outcome, mark my words!!!

If he gets deregistered he won't be receiving AFL salary and with some pretty fancy mortgages to his name, he would find it pretty tough....unless good ol' daddy comes to the rescue!
I wonder what he is thinking of his Dad now & whether he may be a little more independent down the track...

Can't see anything happening to Trigg. He is too valuable to Vlad. He's like the compliant sheriff of a quiet province who always pays his taxes on time, provides levees of troops and happily bows to the King's whims while the King concentrates on foreign wars against NRL

Can't see anything happening to Trigg. He is too valuable to Vlad. He's like the compliant sheriff of a quiet province who always pays his taxes on time, provides levees of troops and happily bows to the King's whims while the King concentrates on foreign wars against NRL
Puppett is only good until they upset the puppet master.

I think you're closer to the mark. When Carlton got done they were already at the bottom, the loss of quality draft picks (picks 1 and 2) only served to perpetuate their time at the bottom. As I see it we're pretty well stocked when it comes to talent, we wouldn't have finished as high as we did if we weren't, the biggest concern for us would be the financial one. So I certainly don't see us facing the same circumstances that Carlton faced, especially when considering that our crime is significantly inferior to Carlton's.

Interesting Reid's 180 degree turn around since 2009. What a cluster heck!!!

"We sold our soul when we did that deal," Reid, who retired from the club shortly afterwards, has since confessed to others more than once. "It was the worst deal in the club's history."

"There is always an inflationary effect to player salaries when new teams are introduced to the league, particularly if they have a bigger salary cap than the rest of us," Reid said yesterday.
"We haven't sold the farm to keep Kurt. We would not have done the deal had that been required because we will respect the salary cap and our other players.
"Now, we've needed to put up a few bales of hay to keep Kurt but we've also kept the farm; we've certainly not sold our soul."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...pett-on-new-deal/story-e6frepjf-1225782330018

I started out optimistic ... but now I'm expecting the worst :)

I love our current group - and rate them very highly - but our window might be smaller because of this crap.

We are a real chance in 2013, but the chance of a legacy of 2 or 3 years might disappear tomorrow at 5pm.

I hope not.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

That's a state league document and Tippett's case doesn't appear to fit within its framework anywhere.

The stated aims of the policy are:

I don't see how Tippett fits any of those definitions.
Apologies my man... Didn't realise...

While I'm sure a lot of us are getting a little bit of satisfaction out of this after all the 119, Poort, and bay cover jokes over the years, I think deep down everyone wants the AFL to be filled with strong clubs. It's not the end of the world for the Crows, but this has the potential to set you back a bit. Whatever happens I'm sure that ultimately you'll be better for it because...... and I don't think I'm out of place in saying this....... any individual involved in the creation of this clusterf**k of a deal (if the rumours are proven to be true) needs to be keelhauled and removed from the AFL.

Either way, you'll get through it :thumbsu:

I'm not sure why Port supporters would be getting any satisfaction out of this considering they were fined for draft tampering even before they
joined the competition.

Apologies my man... Didn't realise...

I would prefer that if the Crows were going to tamper they did a better job of it.

This tampering scenario is to the Crows detriment. Which club would agree that they would trade a valued player for a second round draft pick.

There is no gain to this for Adelaide unlike the other tampering scenarios we had in past i.e Carlton

Sounds to me like this was demanded by the Tippets thus I don’t think Adelaide should bear the brunt of this. When you tamper with something you would think the outcome

Needs to be positive- the only ones with positive outcome was Kurt.

Secondly if the Crows paid for Joel Tippets relocation- what is wrong with this? he is a footballer in his own right and the Crows may have wanted to

Keep an eye on his progress. If it was another player there would be no issue. Plus when Tippo signed the contract extension that was 2009 and Joel

Was still on the Gold Coast list. Thus this is a totally independent matter and is a storm in a tea cup in my opinion made up by Rucci.

I'm not sure why Port supporters would be getting any satisfaction out of this considering they were fined for draft tampering even before they
joined the competition.
Yep, Port supporters I know are not laughing at us & in fact sorry for the shyte position we are in due to some moronic decisions. They they are going in the right direction with the good KT - unfortunately we have the evil one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm...a Melbourne based ex Crows officianado that was well aware of the facts perhaps ;)
One recently not supported by Trigg & recommended we trade Tippett last year. Probably bitter-sweet for him, as still loves the club.

The thing I'm worried about more than anything is the club losing the trust of the players. Will we lose guys over the next few years because they feel like the club can't be trusted?

Well I'd imagine the players would trust the people closest to them ie the coaching staff. But I wouldn't blame them for losing faith in the administration. The club has some serious weak links there obviously.

Feel sorry for the young vibrant group of players and coaches getting tangled up in this...

Based on what is being reported, and presuming about 30% is true, this is so fundamentally no where near a Carlton/Storm systematic rort issue it's not funny. It's a pity the media has been looking for a scandal to report on and your mob has been caught up.

In saying that, it's a shame that someone at your club even contemplated a side letter agreement type deal developed specifically to avoid scrutiny. Then again, it's doubtful the Crows are the only ones that would be guilty of it - when a symptom appears in one spot it's likely to be present but undiagnosed elsewhere. Any (slapshot) AFL investigation into the Crows should also canvass the possibility of it happening at other clubs with other players. For example Collingwood, Freo or Eagles players with side agreements guaranteeing employment with sponsors after retirement etc.

Good luck to you guys and girls, because I can just predict another witch hunt with the AFL investigating and determining this was a one off rort confined to the Crows only while burying its head in the sand about the rest

Based on what is being reported, and presuming about 30% is true, this is so fundamentally no where near a Carlton/Storm systematic rort issue it's not funny. It's a pity the media has been looking for a scandal to report on and your mob has been caught up.

In saying that, it's a shame that someone at your club even contemplated a side letter agreement type deal developed specifically to avoid scrutiny. Then again, it's doubtful the Crows are the only ones that would be guilty of it - when a symptom appears in one spot it's likely to be present but undiagnosed elsewhere. Any (slapshot) AFL investigation into the Crows should also canvass the possibility of it happening at other clubs with other players. For example Collingwood, Freo or Eagles players with side agreements guaranteeing employment with sponsors after retirement etc.

Good luck to you guys and girls, because I can just predict another witch hunt with the AFL investigating and determining this was a one off rort confined to the Crows only while burying its head in the sand about the rest

Good objective post Unnamed1. The AFL will surely have to look closely at all Blucher's deals, go this his emails, interview players managed by Blucher.

This seems so out of character for Trigg and our club. Perhaps I am naive?

The more we find out - the worse it looks:

Crows, Tippett caught in $200,000 rort

"The club could be stripped of draft picks for up to four years in the worst-case scenario and could also face heavy fines if found to have broken the AFL's rules."

Caroline Wilson in another article:

"It has not been lost on anyone at either head office or AAMI Stadium that the Crows could simply have paid Tippett the extra $200,000 reportedly mentioned upfront. Staggeringly, they had the room in their salary cap."

So we made a completely illegal and secret deal, wrote an email explaining how to hide it - then denied it ... all the time, we could have just paid Tippett the $200,000 ?????

We deserve whatever we get.

And I still think this is going to hit us really badly - we have 1 maybe 2 years to be competitive, then we will be cellar dwellers while the GWS and GC dominate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows' 'tamper' affair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back