News Crows rule out Kurt Tippett for round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pett-for-round-1/story-e6frf9jf-1226025326552
STAR Adelaide forward Kurt Tippett will miss the Crows' season-opening clash with Hawthorn. A light run work-out yesterday showed Tippett's injured right ankle had still not healed and the club's medical staff ruled him out of Saturday night's game at AAMI Stadium.
He is back in a protective "moon boot" and is aiming for selection in Adelaide's second game, against Fremantle at AAMI Stadium on April 9. The Crows have the bye in Round 2.
Ruckman Sam Jacobs (hamstring) is still two weeks away, while defender Jared Petrenko (abdomen) won’t play this week.
Hawthorn is hoping skipper Luke Hodge will be fit to play after he pulled up well following his first pre-season practice match for Box Hill on Friday.

Is this not the best news possible for Hawthorn and starting the season off on a winning note? With our defense often remarked as 'undersized', their biggest threat in attack being out it makes Hawthorn's defense seemingly stronger and less vulnerable to the deep, high ball into the defensive 50m.

Taylor Walker has been on fire this pre-season so I would hope that if we can shut him down somewhat can go a long way in making the Hawks win.. Dont be fooled the crows forward line is still very potent but it is very handy not having Tippet there.

Would have prefered Tippett had played against the Hawks ,as he would not have been fully fit.

But regardless,let's not get too distracted by Kurt not playing,as long as we turn up and play good hard and honest footy we should be in the running to get the 4 pts.

Good news as far as I'm concerned, means they will rely on their midfield to have more influence and get a few goals I would think, especially if Taylor is double-teamed/man infront/etc. To which I regard us as having a superior midfield, controlling it more lessening the likelihood of their mids scoring.

Even better news if Henderson doesn't get up ;), and no Jacobs or Petrenko, sounding good to me, especially as some of the rookies they'd have liked to have replaced with are injured also.

Walker and McKernan up forward means it will be a conventional forward line. Happy Kurt is not playing, however, they still have players more than capable

Walker and McKernan up forward means it will be a conventional forward line. Happy Kurt is not playing, however, they still have players more than capable

Well said, obviously we'd prefer to have Tip in the team than not, but Walker and McKernan have been in excellent pre-season form, McKernan is a real under the radar player, a very big and strong unit. I'd say Porplyzia, Dangerfield and Knights are relishing the chance to kick more goals too, especially Knights who is back as fit as ever after a horror 2010 due to injury, he kicked 3 goals in the last quarter last week. His bombs from 55 and sometimes 60 are a real weapon. As was mentioned, Henderson is a very handy and skilful player too and may be called upon.
All that said, this would still be good from a Hawthorn perspective as Tip usually takes 2 sometimes 3 players into the contest, leaving one or two extra of our boys to crumb.

Good chance for our ruckmen to have a greater influence on the game too. No Jacobs means Maric will probably be the no1 ruck. Good no ruckman to have if you're a Hawthorn supporter. :p
Not trolling, but Maric is still a far better player than Renouf, and has been more than handy for us over a few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said, obviously we'd prefer to have Tip in the team than not, but Walker and McKernan have been in excellent pre-season form, McKernan is a real under the radar player, a very big and strong unit. I'd say Porplyzia, Dangerfield and Knights are relishing the chance to kick more goals too, especially Knights who is back as fit as ever after a horror 2010 due to injury, he kicked 3 goals in the last quarter last week. His bombs from 55 and sometimes 60 are a real weapon. As was mentioned, Henderson is a very handy and skilful player too and may be called upon.
All that said, this would still be good from a Hawthorn perspective as Tip usually takes 2 sometimes 3 players into the contest, leaving one or two extra of our boys to crumb.

Have to agree with this, your first choice 6 forwards are one of the best groups in the league, all capable of kicking multiple goals on regular occasions. Can't forget the back end of '09 when you were averaging some 20 odd goals a game for a month. Question is can your midfield get the ball to them enough, and your backs contain the others?

This game could well end up a shoot-out :thumbsu:

Oh yeah forgot about Tambo. He'll b the difference between us winning and losing. Look out buddy, ur about to get upstaged. :p

I'd rather say nothing about Tambling. Things have a way of biting us on the ass. :eek: It's obvious he isn't and shouldn't be looked at as being in Franko's class.

Clarko will still show respect for Tambling. If not, it can backfire.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Crows rule out Kurt Tippett for round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back