List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it happens will likely cost us our second rounder next year.

I can see us trading our future second for witherden and future fourth for langdon.

Can then see a package of Hickey and our two thirds moving us up the draft order. Take two picks around 30 and then hopefully Waterman late.

A pretty quiet, stock standard trade and draft period for west coast.

I reckon waterman will go earlier if he nominated for the draft. Can’t we get him via SSP or is that gone next season?

If it happens will likely cost us our second rounder next year.

I can see us trading our future second for witherden and future fourth for langdon.

Can then see a package of Hickey and our two thirds moving us up the draft order. Take two picks around 30 and then hopefully Waterman late.

A pretty quiet, stock standard trade and draft period for west coast.

does Waterman qualify as a F/S pick ??

Do you really trust Vardy to be our depth after his past couple years? He’s been woeful when played. Williams is a forward who is a part time ruck, rather than the other way around.

We’d then be relying on Jamison as our only full time proper ruckman, and, as you said, he’s still very raw.

HickGod is the only ruck depth we have.

I’d say they’re truth pills IMO.

Williams is a pretty good ruck and had a leap to rival Nic nat and think you are underselling Williams.

Naitanui, Williams, Vardy, state ruckman (a Gault or Ajang Ajang on the rookie list would do me).' Allen can do his second ruck thing, though I'd prefer he didn't. Jammo developing, so a non-entity for 2021.

We'd be fine.

Williams is a pretty good ruck and had a leap to rival Nic nat and think you are underselling Williams.

Yes, but the point I’m making is that he’s a forward and part time ruck, rather than a ruckman who can play forward. To rely on him as the main ruckman, then, wouldn’t be the best outcome.

Naitanui, Williams, Vardy, state ruckman (a Gault or Ajang Ajang on the rookie list would do me).' Allen can do his second ruck thing, though I'd prefer he didn't. Jammo developing, so a non-entity for 2021.

We'd be fine.

Is Vardy a better option than HickGod?

Speaking of rucks. When’s Luke Jackson out of contract?

Hello all, I come in peace. It's an odd one Witherden, I think on our Lions boards he was talked about during the year simply because he was behind Birchell and Rich and then Lester had a huge turn around to save his career (also married to Zorko's sister) and then Starcevich got really going and we had Answerth also going great of half back and of course Ah Chee being able to be swung back or forward. Witherden is the most likely replacement for Birchell and Rich as the 'director' coming out of the backline. The 'Luke Hodge" type role.

He has 2 years on his contract and from social media is currently away with the main bunch of players and their partners in far north Qld living in up. He is close mates with a number of them particularly Cam Rayner. While I can see he might leave for opportunities next year but the year after that, his position is quite clear Birtchell and Rich will be gone. Starcevich will move to the mid field or the wing to replace Mitch Robinson when he retires. He was also seen as a future leader for us. The knock on him is that he is a bit slow in leg speed and his disposal efficiency fell away but then his game this year when he returned was probably his best for the club. Never say never, but if you guys are offing big big money he might go, coach Fagan is all about development and Witherden with Luke Hodge coaching him also seems well and truly part of our future. We don't need draft picks this year, all we really need now is a young ruckman to replace Steph Martin if he goes or retires.

We don't need draft picks this year, all we really need now is a young ruckman to replace Steph Martin if he goes or retires.
Tomas Heekie is a likely type, bit taller than McGovern, good pace can kick subtle ruck taps. Deal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello all, I come in peace. It's an odd one Witherden, I think on our Lions boards he was talked about during the year simply because he was behind Birchell and Rich and then Lester had a huge turn around to save his career (also married to Zorko's sister) and then Starcevich got really going and we had Answerth also going great of half back and of course Ah Chee being able to be swung back or forward. Witherden is the most likely replacement for Birchell and Rich as the 'director' coming out of the backline. The 'Luke Hodge" type role.

He has 2 years on his contract and from social media is currently away with the main bunch of players and their partners in far north Qld living in up. He is close mates with a number of them particularly Cam Rayner. While I can see he might leave for opportunities next year but the year after that, his position is quite clear Birtchell and Rich will be gone. Starcevich will move to the mid field or the wing to replace Mitch Robinson when he retires. He was also seen as a future leader for us. The knock on him is that he is a bit slow in leg speed and his disposal efficiency fell away but then his game this year when he returned was probably his best for the club. Never say never, but if you guys are offing big big money he might go, coach Fagan is all about development and Witherden with Luke Hodge coaching him also seems well and truly part of our future. We don't need draft picks this year, all we really need now is a young ruckman to replace Steph Martin if he goes or retires.

Welcome here anytime, the Eagles board doesn't crack a wobbly when oppositon supporters throw their two cents in like some teams on big footy i won't name.

It's an interesting one as i would have though Brisbane would be keen to retain his services. All i can say is i wonder how it got leaked to the media because the one thing West Coast never do is leak information to the media.

I can only assume then it's come from Witherdens Manager or someone at Brisbane. What the motives for either play are is the interesting bit.

Interesting that we've been vocal regarding our interest for witherden - not really something our club normally does. I wonder if his manager leaked the info?

Would be this.

Client not getting a game so leaks it out to get the Club worried.

WCE would be enquiring about heeeeeeeeaps of players.

Would be this.

Client not getting a game so leaks it out to get the Club worried.

WCE would be enquiring about heeeeeeeeaps of players.

Correct and we never mention any of it to the media. It's always a closed shop. The logical conclusion is it's his manager but i'm hoping it's Brisbanes way of coercing the young man to consider his options as they want to dump salary or see him as surplus to their needs. The Brisbane poster mentioned above though that they don't necessarily need picks which is all we'd have to give. No way in hell we let Cameron go.

Welcome here anytime, the Eagles board doesn't crack a wobbly when oppositon supporters throw their two cents in like some teams on big footy i won't name.

It's an interesting one as i would have though Brisbane would be keen to retain his services. All i can say is i wonder how it got leaked to the media because the one thing West Coast never do is leak information to the media.

I can only assume then it's come from Witherdens Manager or someone at Brisbane. What the motives for either play are is the interesting bit.
His name has come up on a number of sites before including AFL.com as a possible trade, I think it's just speculation - "good player not getting a game" type speculation. I very much doubt it's from him, and his manager of course would be listening give he gets a %.

We'd be fine.

It still seems overkill to me though.

A list of 40 (or 42) and we are going to have 5 ruckmen - 4 of whom we don't play (barring injury)...

Sure, 2 are developing, but Williams might just have to step up should we have 2 serious injuries.

NN
State Ruck (Rookie list)
Williams
Jammo

Unless Vardy is on a rookie wage (or rookie list) then keep him in 2nd place (although maybe a more durable option would be better from a state league).

I reckon waterman will go earlier if he nominated for the draft. Can’t we get him via SSP or is that gone next season?

I've got no idea if the SSP will be available for 2021 (I assume the clubs are still in the dark about that, and list sizes, salary cap and so on) - but from my understanding 'if' it is still available then Waterman would qualify.

Unless there is some real animosity (which we haven't heard) or the club isn't interested (which would make no sense considering Reid and Treacy were listed on lesser form) surely the club has to look at it.

should be good WA talent available next year if they don’t extend their contracts too early ..
Plus Patrick Cripps will be available to return to WA as a RFA ..

Indeed. Received texts today of this whilst doing the pickup run from school. By the time I got home it was all over AFL.Priddis as well.

Someone definitely acted to get the word out for it.

I like the concept of a 23 year old Witherden. He is a very good kick (including decision making) so gives options.

I am assuming Duggan showed enough late this year to believe he will go into the midfield next year. Are we short down back? Probably not.

Defensive depth:
Ready to Play
KPD - McGovern, Barrass and Brander (more the third tall)
Defenders - Shepperd, Nelson, Cole, Hurn and Rotham
- Duggan can do it, but I hope he is now looking at midfield as with Yeo
- add in a Witherden makes sense

Developing - Edwards, Johnson and Foley

Unsure on Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back