Toast Congratulations Taylor Walker on 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not gonna do it every week, but this is what he's capable of when fit.

We forget how good he was.
I wonder how long since he has really been fit?

That was as good as I can remember him both moving and marking

Tex is a prime candidate to demonstrate the nature of injuries and how it can affect you (knee injury, plantar fasciitis), and the effect of a good preseason without injuries.

I also think the new rule of man standing in the mark is benefiting Tex significantly, and we’re seeing quicker forward entries.

Tex’s form is currently as good as any forward in the comp, let alone just for the Crows. I really hope he can sustain it for the rest of the year, the game still has room for a player/bloke in Tex.

Tex is a prime candidate to demonstrate the nature of injuries and how it can affect you (knee injury, plantar fasciitis), and the effect of a good preseason without injuries.

I also think the new rule of man standing in the mark is benefiting Tex significantly, and we’re seeing quicker forward entries.

Tex’s form is currently as good as any forward in the comp, let alone just for the Crows. I really hope he can sustain it for the rest of the year, the game still has room for a player/bloke in Tex.
I think he's a prime candidate to demonstrate what happens with good delivery into the forward line.

No one hand marking attempts? Funny what happens when it's not five feet above your head.

I think he's a prime candidate to demonstrate what happens with good delivery into the forward line.

No one hand marking attempts? Funny what happens when it's not two feet above your head.
Nicks said it best in his presser. It's likely to be a bit of both - Tex playing better (compared with recent years) and team playing with better forward entries. You compare Tex and Hawkins and Tex was miles better with longer goals and more agility shown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure Tex will play every week (will get some much needed rest), but if we can get 45-50 goals out of him, I'd consider that a successful season

I'll admit, I was thinking this would be his last year. Yesterday's game shows that it obviously isn't, can hopefully still spearhead us for a little while longer and aid with Thilthorpe's development

If he gets 50 not playing every game he'd be in AA form almost. Can't see that happening.
I'm not sure Tex will play every week (will get some much needed rest), but if we can get 45-50 goals out of him, I'd consider that a successful season

I'll admit, I was thinking this would be his last year. Yesterday's game shows that it obviously isn't, can hopefully still spearhead us for a little while longer and aid with Thilthorpe's development

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he gets 50 not playing every game he'd be in AA form almost. Can't see that happening.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We're not in shortened quarters 2020 anymore, goal tallies should start to go back up again. Maybe 50 is a bit much, but hell Tex kicked 43 goals in 22 games in 2019, back when our forward structures looked abysmal

Keep in mind we haven't seen him play a game as good as that in a long time. Yes, he won't play like that every week, but at least he's shown he's still capable

Maybe 50 is pushing it just slightly, but averaging between 2 and 2 1/2 goals a game isn't out of the question, for mine

We're not in shortened quarters 2020 anymore, goal tallies should start to go back up again. Maybe 50 is a bit much, but hell Tex kicked 43 goals in 22 games in 2019, back when our forward structures looked abysmal

Keep in mind we haven't seen him play a game as good as that in a long time. Yes, he won't play like that every week, but at least he's shown he's still capable

Maybe 50 is pushing it just slightly, but averaging between 2 and 2 1/2 goals a game isn't out of the question, for mine
It probably is TBH.

We aren't gonna play like that every week, and there will be weeks where Tex doesn't see the pill much.

If he got to 40 that would be a massive effort.

Nicks said it best in his presser. It's likely to be a bit of both - Tex playing better (compared with recent years) and team playing with better forward entries. You compare Tex and Hawkins and Tex was miles better with longer goals and more agility shown.
Forward delivery looks better when the forward meets the ball.

No doubt Forward delivery was better. But when a forward is capable of meeting the ball and getting to the hot spot, the upfield guys have a more consistent target to hit.

As Nicks said, it is a combination of everything. Tex fitter (his hard work) and better delivery.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Imagine if he could play like that consistently this year. Talk of retirement would stop.

The issue has always been playing banged up. Which is infuriating in lost cause seasons. Remember the 2019 mini preseason he was going to do, lasted all of 2 losses. Question here is whether his underlying body is or isn't cooked. We won't know for a month, but this is comfortably the best he's presented for round 1 in ages.

The issue has always been playing banged up. Which is infuriating in lost cause seasons. Remember the 2019 mini preseason he was going to do, lasted all of 2 losses. Question here is whether his underlying body is or isn't cooked. We won't know for a month, but this is comfortably the best he's presented for round 1 in ages.

There haven’t been many players in the game’s history who have kicked better from that 40- 60 metre range. It’s a huge weapon if you can harness it like the weekend.

There haven’t been many players in the game’s history who have kicked better from that 40- 60 metre range. It’s a huge weapon if you can harness it like the weekend.

That fifth goal where he played on and dobbed it from outside 50, that was a bit of the carefree, young, arrogant Tex again.

Neil Craig would have dragged him and given him a spray for that.

Which makes you wonder why we were so infatuated for so long with deep entries. A shallow entry to Tex is as good as hitting anyone else up 20m out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back