Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

The game wasn't lost on Thursday night at all. There's nobody in the VFL that would have provided enough for us to win last night, if Sweet comes in and Buku comes out, who's to say other parts of the game aren't impacted.

Sure, we know we didn't win and Sweet didn't play but last year we played the Cats we had the two tall forwards, two tall defenders, and a ruck set up and we lost that game too (which is the set up many are begging for).
You do realise the teams from last year are readily available online and proving you are wrong took me 30 seconds.

Last year we did the same thing. Going into the Geelong game. We dropped Martin and only played a single ruck.

The only thing that saved us last year was selecting two capable key forwards in Bruce and Naughton and having Wallis able to come in as the medical sub when Naughts went down.

Nonetheless, Stuart shat all over us last year. If we had just played two rucks and three legitimate forwards, we would have had the flexibility to send English forward and the height to make something of our inside 50 dominance.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. And yes, I know we played Hannan last year. He goes into the same McSpud category as all of the rest of the VFLers that get gifted games over and over again instead of playing the actual tall forwards on our list.

Attachments

• E40BF525-A1A5-41BD-B12A-8E9EB227CA14.png
    E40BF525-A1A5-41BD-B12A-8E9EB227CA14.png
    360 KB · Views: 33
  • CE169BBF-5F28-4130-B748-2DC4BA6C32F5.png
    CE169BBF-5F28-4130-B748-2DC4BA6C32F5.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 31
Sweet gives the mids confidence, his aggressiveness rubs off. Do you think Treloar’s heart swells when he sees Buku in the ruck?

Sweet’s presence isn’t just about tog or stats. Midfielders like having a real ruckman in there. He tackles he chases he puts himself about.

I’m sure there were some pissed off mids when they saw the team selection this week.
Spot on. Did Mumford offer a thing around the ground? Not as a forward, not as a defender, not as a marking target. Nothing at all. Didn’t matter. He offered beast mode at every stoppage and GWS went to another level with him out there.

Spot on. Did Mumford offer a thing around the ground? Not as a forward, not as a defender, not as a marking target. Nothing at all. Didn’t matter. He offered beast mode at every stoppage and GWS went to another level with him out there.

Bev doesn’t value that, he should but he doesn’t.

You do realise the teams from last year are readily available online and proving you are wrong took me 30 seconds.

Last year we did the same thing. Going into the Geelong game. We dropped Martin and only played a single ruck.

The only thing that saved us last year was selecting two capable key forwards in Bruce and Naughton and having Wallis able to come in as the medical sub when Naughts went down.

Nonetheless, Stuart shat all over us last year. If we had just played two rucks and three legitimate forwards, we would have had the flexibility to send English forward and the height to make something of our inside 50 dominance.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. And yes, I know we played Hannan last year. He goes into the same McSpud category as all of the rest of the VFLers that get gifted games over and over again instead of playing the actual tall forwards on our list.
Ah yes. Playing sweet would be comparable to playing Bruce.

Thank Christ you’re not the coach.

Maybe he should have been the coach as the one we had cerainly did a good job.

Got the result we deserved

Well it is comparable in a way because English going forward for spells would at least give Naughton some support. Channel 9 did a bit this morning showing how often Naughton had 3 men on him. That simply would not happen if we had another marking target.

Well it is comparable in a way because English going forward for spells would at least give Naughton some support. Channel 9 did a bit this morning showing how often Naughton had 3 men on him. That simply would not happen if we had another marking target.
Just unacceptable isn’t it, I mean in what world was that not going to happen? Again.

I’d love to hear the thought process behind how we actually thought we were going to avoid that happening - I’m assuming it would go something like this l:

“Ah yeah, you know, we ugh thought we’d uh try a couple of you know different things up there today ah couple of different ah roles for a few of the uh boys. And look there was a few uh how do I say things that ah didn’t work tonight and we missed uh a few you know, chances but we’ll uh go back and uh work on a few uh different things - the boys did a lot of work off the uh ball that don’t get rewarded on the uh stats sheet, you know Robbie, Lachie, Anthony yeah these boys uh played their roles really uh, well”

Read what I wrote. I said to play two rucks and three forwards. That’s English, Sweet, Naughton, Schache/Marra + Cody. And yes I believe the combination of Sweet rucking allowing English and Naughton and Schache to play forward is not only equal to Bruce but better.

That would mean that at a minimum we always have Naughton plus Schache/Marra up forward and when Sweet goes into the ruck we would have English too. English could also drop back defensively.

What would we lose? McComb and Scott. Who cares? We still have Cody, Mcneil and West as pressure forwards + dunks, Treloar, Libba and Smith who can run up forward. Why the hell would we need more than that?

I just have to assume your trolling on here or can’t read.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back