Prediction Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

No changes if everyone is fit.
Johnson is obviously unlucky but the midfield rotations worked better today without him. JOM best game for the club. Switta outstanding. I want to see if we can repeat it against the Dogs

Good teams have unlucky players.

Look at Sydney recently with Parker. Johnson long term will be huge for us.

Wagner has been terrific as sub.

I can't even bag Banfield and JOM anymore.

We must be playing well.

I think if there are no injuries to come out of the match, then the only change in two weeks would be for Wags to go play a full game in the Magoos and Johnson cools his jets for a match as sub.

Have to remember we basically have our full best side out there now, (other than Cox in for Draper).

Johnson may just now have to wait for an injury or suspension. 90 point wins will do that.

As for Cox, with Draper playing so well, we have the absolute luxury of bringing Cox back thru Peel for a game or two on restricted minutes to ensure his hammy is fully tested before finals. We need to be extra cautious as we need him when the whips are really cracking in September.

There’s a few interesting decisions /sliding doors like for like battles….

IMO these are the most interesting:
JOM vs. Matt Johnson
Aish vs. Karl Worner

Could throw in Banfield vs. Matt Johnson, though not playing similar roles.

I’m liking the unique look of left foot Amiss, Banfield, Walters and Sturt as a point of difference vs the league in our forward half.

Given how highly the club rates Johnson, I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone make way, and probably Wagner goes from sub to back at Peel.

We might see ‘managed’ in the next few games to avoid to decisions.

Pretty sure Cox was straight back in last time he had a significant injury, and didn’t miss a trick

Edit. Actually, scratch that. I can’t find evidence of this so must be thinking of someone else.

Last edited:
I think with Draper more than holding his own, even when having a couple of quieter games it gives the club the opportunity to get a week or 2 more into Cox at training. That way he will be able to step straight back in without much fuss.

Bottom line we don’t need to rush him back.

I think with Draper more than holding his own, even when having a couple of quieter games it gives the club the opportunity to get a week or 2 more into Cox at training. That way he will be able to step straight back in without much fuss.

Bottom line we don’t need to rush him back.
No. But the GC game, with king, Luke and that monster first year player would be handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JOM vs. Matt Johnson
Aish vs. Karl Worner

I’m liking the unique look of left foot Amiss, Banfield, Walters and Sturt as a point of difference vs the league in our forward half.

Given how highly the club rates Johnson, I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone make way, and probably Wagner goes from sub to back at Peel.

I get the JOM vs Johnson because of where they play, but bringing in Johnson would need a restructure as he wouldn't suit what JOM has been asked to do.
I also think Wagner -> Johnson as sub is a possibility depending on what they want to do with the latter.

I however don't understand the Aish vs Worner, Worner is depth and it's not even close when looking at the two.

Sturt applied pressure which was important because that seems to have been a down part of Frederick's game so far this year.
If Sturt can bring that he still has some hope.

Johnson and Emmett have had their shot all year and did not improve. They aren't coming back in until they start dominating WAFL.
Walters was a beneficiary of the game environment, didn't see that he did anything different it's just his opponent was eating snags in the stands..

michael cohen GIF

JOM vs. Matt Johnson
Aish vs. Karl Worner

Not sure how having a load of left footers in our forward line who can’t kick on both feet, is an advantage. Sturt got stuck a couple of times on the weekend trying to get back on his left. I would rather have a load of players who can in both feet

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure how having a load of left footers in our forward line who can’t kick on both feet, is an advantage. Sturt got stuck a couple of times on the weekend trying to get back on his left. I would rather have a load of players who can in both feet

I think a mix of both is good, everyone would prefer people great on both but the number of players who can genuinely kick well on both is very low.

Given every team ever always has a load of right footers that can't kick left foot I don't see how this is an issue.

Given every team ever always has a load of right footers that can't kick left foot I don't see how this is an issue.

I didn’t say it was an issue, I said how is it an advantage!?!? Also most people who know anything about football would say that most (not all, Young a classic example) left footers are very one sided

I think Brennan Cox is a superior player even building fitness than Josh Draper is currently. If Cox is in for Draper our side is better.

We will find out how highly rated Johnson is if he comes straight back in, but having a player the entire squad knows will come back in when ready is exactly the sort of motivation for all players to perform well as they did against Melbourne.

I didn’t say it was an issue, I said how is it an advantage!?!? Also most people who know anything about football would say that most (not all, Young a classic example) left footers are very one sided

Where is there actually evidence that left footers are more one sided that right footers on average beyond cliche? I would submit that the ratio is exactly the same but because only 1 in 10 people are left footed, combined with the fact that left handedness was looked down on culturally till quite recently, it stands out more.

Can you name single right footer in our side that has a left good enough to use it in open play? I'd say Young is the only player with a opposite foot of any quality. Hell we just drew rather than won a game just last week because one of our right footers had no left foot.

Last edited:
I think a mix of both is good, everyone would prefer people great on both but the number of players who can genuinely kick well on both is very low.
Mix is good. The Hawks threepeat side was good for a few reasons, not the least being they had elite kicking lefties all over the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back