Prediction Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Would rather there's a rolling limit for first round f/s & academy selections. 1 every year tops. Maybe 2 over 3?

I prefer that. I don't want us getting shafted when our time comes for father son picks because people are upset that the Pies have Daicos and Dogs have Darcy.

... because both will still have those players after they change the rules and we just get denied.

I prefer that. I don't want us getting shafted when our time comes for father son picks because people are upset that the Pies have Daicos and Dogs have Darcy.

... because both will still have those players after they change the rules and we just get denied.
I just think it's pure hope that we will gain advantage over other clubs through academy/father son. That will be a purely random outcome. Just as likely for Collingwood to get another bunch of Daicos' as it is for us to get some top 10 picks. And actually if we did have anyone on the radar in the next 2 years we would already all know about it.

What is known, is that we recruit better than most clubs. So a system that values that the most, while we still have Wallsy, would be best for us.

I just think it's pure hope that we will gain advantage over other clubs through academy/father son. That will be a purely random outcome. Just as likely for Collingwood to get another bunch of Daicos' as it is for us to get some top 10 picks. And actually if we did have anyone on the radar in the next 2 years we would already all know about it.

What is known, is that we recruit better than most clubs. So a system that values that the most, while we still have Wallsy, would be best for us.

It's possible that clubs yet to get that advantage can access them until the ledger is squared up.

Every time the rules are changed it further increases the advantage of the club who already enjoyed them.

Three top ten father sons or five first round father sons for Freo, then same rules for all.

Treacy honestly reminds me of Fraser Gehrig the G-Train the way he bull dozers opposition
That passage on Saturday where he steam rolled Collins and another player reminded me of the All Blacks, Jonah Lomu in his prime.Ran over players like they were card board cut outs.

Against GWS, Swans went on a 10 goal streak then held on to win.
Against Adelaide, Swans were losing before a 10 goal streak to win.
Against the Cats, Swans gave up the first 6 goals, went on a 5 goal streak, then another 4 in a row to win.
Against the Dogs, Swans only pulled ahead with a 4 goal run.

We just need to deny them a run of goals.
This makes me nervous about our first 10 - 15 minutes of the first quarter. Nail the start, so we’re not playing catch up will help this week.

Yeah Shane Yarran looked unreal. Such a natural forward and had speed and agility.

Could easily have been an AFL HoF if things went better for him.

Remember that game where Dermot was commentating, and he goes wow this guy is 22 or something, where has he been?
And Papalia just goes.......Gaol
He was everywhere that game, just amazing goal sense
Will always have a special place in my heart for giving Pav his 700th in his last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is some more data in the link below. We didn't get an "MCG dimension ground" with the new stadium. It is somewhere in the middle of all the main grounds and much closer to the SCG than the MCG in area.

What I get from the numbers in that article and the first quarter v Syd is the the length is most important for fast scoring.

Interesting. Subi listed on wiki as 175 * 122 - 21350 m2 ... significantly larger than anything listed there.

I had a look at the line up and other than Draper and Davies, who are really just unknown quantities, it’s a strong side on paper. If we can get more from the forwards in Amiss, Jacko and Freddy, I think we’ll be right in it. Sturt is the mid-sized forward we’ve been crying out for and he’s in form. As is Treacy. I was lamenting the mids earlier, but Serong, Brayshaw and Young are good enough. Fyfe and Omeara will need to lift. Darcy and Jacko should be able to wear Grundy down. There’s still a lot of quality in the backs. Davies didn’t **** up the last game leaving Draper to just do a job. We’ll be right in it if we’re switched on and the smaller ground will suit our need for a team defence.
**** I’m good

Shut down all their attacking players Warner,. Heeney, Gulden etc
Won the clearance battles all day . Darcy won hands down.
Stopped ther run from HB, until Blakey got into the game. The Curtain,Draper ,was sensational. Snubbed his nose at his detractors.
A great all round team effort.
An hour later, my heart still pounding.
Awesome win by the boys.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back