Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the VFL effort maybe Maclean comes in. Roughy an outside chance, or Roberts.

English definitely looks the goods but does that outweigh the lack of physicality...?

IN Players who are confident in there own ability
to kick.Which should be a fundamental skill and enjoyment of the game.
OUT players who over handball to another player causing turnovers. Because they were gun shy of taking the responsibility themselves.

I think your post has succinctly asked for Lin Jong to be dropped.

Every time he does something decent, I hope it will be the trigger for him to solidify his confidence and enable him to make the most of his abilities and opportunities. Alas I'm starting to believe he may never exorcise his demons.

Out: Suckling, Redpath/Cloke, Hunter, Williams/Webb
In: Roberts, Roughead, McLean, MBoyd

B: Morris Adams Roberts
HB: Murphy Wood JJ

R: Roughead Bont Dahlhaus
C: Daniel Wallis Macrae

HF: Jong Red/Cloke Picken
F: Dickson Boyd Smith

I: MBoyd McLean Dale Williams/Webb

Don't know if I'm being harsh on Suckling but I think he has been so inconsistent this season. Would like to see Roberts come back in, think that would be our best back six.

Smith dominated the ruck, so Roughead comes in so we can finally play our ruck setup from last season. One of the bigs miss, neither set the world alight last night.

Hunter has been down all year and it might be time for a spell in the twos. McLean deserves to be in our first team.

It's clear that we don't want Boyd playing in the VFL, so he gets one last chance before the bye. Another poor game and he needs to be sent back to the seconds.

Picken to get one more chance to regain some of last year's form, Libba to stay down for now

It's all very well calling for multiple changes but the reality is that the players who could come into the team are also out of form (even at VFL level). It appears that we have amazing depth on paper with 6 GF players running around in the seconds but they are there for a reason.
Two changes only for me: McLean and Rough in, Suckling and Cloke out.
Another group: Picken, Hunter, Webb, Smith are all lucky to survive.
We are not in a good space at the present. May need a reboot mid season.

Every time he does something decent, I hope it will be the trigger for him to solidify his confidence and enable him to make the most of his abilities and opportunities. Alas I'm starting to believe he may never exorcise his demons.
No at least Lin

Lin is actually good kick .l actually mean the pschology of the team of over hanball.Teams are just expecting it.Need to mix it up.We are getting picked off.

Out:
Williams: constantly put us under pressure by non decisions and turnovers
Webb: just not getting enough of the ball in the role he is playing
Redpath: can't play anywhere but full forward and that's where toyd will be.

In:
Roughy
McLean
Moyd

B: Morris Adams moyd
Hb: jj wood Murphy
C hunter Bont macrae
Hf: McLean Cloke Daniel
F: Jong toyd Dickson
Ruck: roughy Wallis Dahl
Int: dale picken suckling smith

All of suckling picked and smith are under the pump to perform or be dropped

Roughy was not great in the VFL - I don't think he took a mark and English would have taken 10 - his main opponents Wylie Buzza took a few and kicked a few goals. If he were in our team he probably would have got the call up. But as the game wore on he got better and despite some good marks Campbell just didn't do enough.

So maybe he doesn't deserve a call up but I think he is just working back to form and we can't keep being beaten here. With Rough number 1 and Boyd 2 we have a very good tag team and we look much better. roughy in.

One of Red and Cloke out as others have posted. Red is playing better - took more marks up the ground and was way more dangerous and Bevo will be loathe to not reward this but I just think Boyd and Cloke might be better for us than Boyd and Red. Not sure there - splinters up the clacker...ok if pushed I would play Boyd at FF and Red at CHF. Cloke is more mobile and I thought did ok in the Ruck working really hard but he didn't take a mark and only one lucky snap.

If Stringer is fit he comes straight in. Need him forward and to get some dominance in the middle. Dickson will get better - out probably Webb. I like him and think he will make it but as someone on here said - I think he is a HBF. Personally I would play him above Suckling based on his consistency- and my view that he will get better and better. But I think Bevo will keep Suckling over him.

Moyd comes in for Williams. Williams is going to be a 10 year player and could end up being the best of the crop but I think Moyd just needed to freshen up and will be back as Robyn in partnership with Batman-Morris. Tough on Williams but an in from Boyd is a champion and if speed is the question - we saw that Williams is not fast.

Was hoping for Libba to come in but his VFL was stink. Not effort - lots of tackles etc but confidence and being second to the ball. St.Kilda has a fast and energetic midfield that would not suit him but in any event hasn't earned it. We need our Libba back yesterday - I hope he snaps out of it.

McLean was OK but I don't think he was better than Dale in the VFL and as the game got hotter - Dale seemed to get better and cleaner- or was that just me. No change there.

Smith v Honey/McLean? Not sure if his tackles but his effort was there and he did get goals - no matter how. McLean gets involved around the ground but hasn't been clean and simply doesn't yet produce as much as Smith. I don't think is playing well - and want more out of him but still has better output and we look more dangerous with him there. I also like having a mongrel in the forward line - who can produce.

Honey would be interesting - he is consistently in the bests in theVFL - has been all year. If it is about fairness and reward he should be playing and I could cop that but just think we have too many others playing a similar role that are better?

Really disappointing in Fletch and Cordy - both had a spot to grab and neither did. Cordy tried hard as the game wore on but couldn't deliver when we needed it. Collins not ready yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even McLean?
He's the closest but I didn't think he was as clean as he needed to be. Then again, I probably wouldn't have dropped him in the first place so I certainly wouldn't complain if he came in.

Rough for Red (Cloke on notice - looks out of shape ie porky again)

McLean for Dale

Must leave Williams in - he gets the ball, nails his first movement so he always looks like he has time - it's not his fault he had nothing to kick to because our mids aren't working hard enough.

Think we need continuity in our team which we haven't had all year. Mass changes not helping.

I've got English coming in soon, in a non rucking role. Just needs enough tank to cover the ground Red or Cloke do, because he's more slick and agile (albeit won't clunk them like Cloke - but few can)

No at least Lin

Lin is actually good kick .l actually mean the pschology of the team of over hanball.Teams are just expecting it.Need to mix it up.We are getting picked off.

It doesn't matter whether he is a decent kick if he won't take the responsibility when it's his turn to do so. At the moment I'd say he is the biggest offender of the crime that you identified, and he's been doing it all year.

What do you think the reason is that we've been horrible this season? You can't honestly blame the draw over the last month (yes it's been tough, but we've proven we can beat it)

Has Bevo lost the players? Are the players on a premiership hangover? Is there not enough pressure on the players? Can we not execute the game plan? Has Bev tried to change too much? Have teams worked us out and we haven't adapted enough?

VFL team had the same attitude as the AFL team. Doesn't seem like it's all happy days down at the kennel IMO (not saying it's not, maybe I'm 100% wrong?)

I would not promote anybody from today's VFL game.
Agree. McLean was maybe the best of the bunch. Tim English was good and they must be tempted but I don't think we should rush this kid, like to see him develop at the level, perhaps a game at some stage though, he's special.

Rough didnt impact much so I'd like to see them settle down the team and pretty much play the same one. The forwards in particular need some continuity. they might opt for another tall defender, so Roberts might come back in. But otherwise team probably stays the same.

Agree. McLean was maybe the best of the bunch. Tim English was good and they must be tempted but I don't think we should rush this kid, like to see him develop at the level, perhaps a game at some stage though, he's special.

Rough didnt impact much so I'd like to see them settle down the team and pretty much play the same one. The forwards in particular need some continuity. they might opt for another tall defender, so Roberts might come back in. But otherwise team probably stays the same.

Agree we need some continuity and an extra tall back v the Saints. Fletch or Cordy for Williams.

Not sure Redpath and Cloke together works. I'd give English a run before the bye if Rough isn't ready. English for Red.

Possibly McLean in for Webb or Suckling. Probably Webb who just doesn't get the pill enough. But gee his leg is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back