Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the 7th anniversary of Barry hall almost choking out Scott Thompson on a footy field...what I wouldn't give for a guy with that sort of mean streak on our team again...Steven may I'm looking at you!

IN Players who are confident in there own ability
to kick.Which should be a fundamental skill and enjoyment of the game.
OUT players who over handball to another player causing turnovers.Because they were gun shy of taking the responsibility themselves.

Wait on the ins from today's game but can't have all of Boyd Cloke Red and Rough. Red to go. F50 needs some pace. Move Dahl into there permanently..Smith to go.
I'm over Suckling. Webb could probably do the role better but we refuse to put him there.
Hunter and Picken. I think one should suffer same fate as Libba.
Still can't believe we dropped McLean.

Jong is lightning. Granted though we lack pace. And we have some guys who have no toe whatsoever. We need a Tippen-Woodi (or however you spell his name ) type in our forward line. Stringer come back ASAP please.
Yeah Jong is quick I missed him. Still 2 players with pace is concerning. I'm not sure we have any other genuine pace options either. Particularly up forward.
Smith, Dickson, Cloke, Redpath, Boyd, Dahl, Bont, libba, Crammers, webb, Mclean, Dunks, Cordy, Honey and Dale all lack genuine footspeed or are not that kind of player. Even Stringer lacks pace after the initial 20 metres.

Out
It's amazing how people constantly defend Suckling he should be out and never seen again, he's absolutely worthless under any sort of pressure.

Webb just isn't good enough and is clearly the most overrated player on this board. He's been given enough chances and shown consistently he can't compete physically at AFL level and it's not something that a few pre seasons will fix.

Cloke needs some form he shouldn't have been rushed in.

Dale and Williams aren't up to it right now. Williams will be a player he just needs to get a bit stronger and know when to get rid of it.

In
Roughead and Roberts seem like logical inclusions. Taylor isn't kicking five with Roberts back down there.

The rest who knows at the moment.

This week will be St Kilda's biggest game for the year,if the team wants to play a quarter or two again then it's no chance of winning. I'm not sure what you do to stop players being so comfortable and going through the motions for large periods every week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

might have to consider Fletch as Saints have some talls.

One of Cloke or redpath must go.

Suckling out too
Cloke would never get a game again if I had any say. A couple of his efforts last night as an experienced big lad was nothing short of disgraceful. The lowlight was a kickout in the 2nd quarter that went to the Half Back flank in which there was a 2 on 2 and for some reason Cloke pulled out of the contest which led to a virtually uncontested mark for Henderson.

Out Red and Smith

In Rough and Libba (if he plays well in 2s)

No to Roberts. Hawkins would have kicked 6 on him. Smith is too slow, no tank, turning circle of a Mac truck and Webb and Bont set him up will silver service for his 2 goals. Cloke offers far more than Red. Give webb 1 more game and then back the 2s if does not perform

Out: Cloke, Dale

In: Roughead (pending no injury), McLean

Webb for Libba could be another change if Libba has a good game today. We lack mongrel and Libba has that... Webb I didn't think wasn't too bad, but doesn't have the mongrel, yet at least.

Cloke and Dale were very soft in parts of last night's game. Second to the ball, pulling out of contests etc... can't have that if we want to get back to our best.

Roughead in means T.Boyd CHF - he's developing every week, had a couple great games over the last month and the media lashing his copped is very quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only promote two players this week, English and McLean.
The majority were absolute crap in the vfl. Wouldn't even include roughy with his soft efforts. Roberts played rubbish, was beaten by rookie players with limited football experience.

Honeychurch for Smith would be a change i would like to see. A reward for persistence for Honey, Give him a few games to see if he has what it takes, and couldn't do any worse than Smith who just 'hasn't looked right all year.

Honeychurch for Smith would be a change i would like to see. A reward for persistence for Honey, Give him a few games to see if he has what it takes, and couldn't do any worse than Smith who just 'hasn't looked right all year.

Yep this is the one I want too, a lot of picking choosing when to put in hard yards at moment from too many, Honeychurch you know you will get 100% throttle all game despite some skills lacking.

Couldn't hurt! The pace would be welcomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back