Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of him on the wing at all would like to see him more inside 50
Out of he and Johnson, the only one who has had a very good Afl game is Erasmus and he did that playing wing. I liked him as a forward as a junior but they see him as an inside mid who can play minutes on the wing at Afl level. His greatest strength is his tank and that can best be utilised in the midfield. Unfortunately, like many of our midfield players, Erasmus has lost most of his forward craft

Out of he and Johnson, the only one who has had a very good Afl game is Erasmus and he did that playing wing. I liked him as a forward as a junior but they see him as an inside mid who can play minutes on the wing at Afl level. His greatest strength is his tank and that can best be utilised in the midfield. Unfortunately, like many of our midfield players, Erasmus has lost most of his forward craft
We get it you hate Johnson getting tired of reading your shit calls on him

We get it you hate Johnson getting tired of reading your shit calls on him
Fair enough. Use the block button. Looks like he will get a chance to play his preferred position this week and show his true value. I don't hate him, just don't understand the double standards. Ross did the same thing and eventually it causes issues. He has done nothing better than Erasmus as yet and he certainly isn't Brodie standard yet. Watch Erasmus ' game against Sydney and see for yourself. This is a forum for opinions. Sorry if I don't just swallow everything the coaches say and do without some debate. Doesn't mean I'm right but it is worth throwing out there.

Fair enough. Use the block button. Looks like he will get a chance to play his preferred position this week and show his true value. I don't hate him, just don't understand the double standards. Ross did the same thing and eventually it causes issues. He has done nothing better than Erasmus as yet and he certainly isn't Brodie standard yet. Watch Erasmus ' game against Sydney and see for yourself. This is a forum for opinions. Sorry if I don't just swallow everything the coaches say and do without some debate. Doesn't mean I'm right but it is worth throwing out there.
Because Johnson is a huge unit and will mature into the big bodied player we need like a Bontempelli. He's only 20, so pretty much still a kid learning his trade. Erasmus is a completely different player. I personally don't believe it's beneficial for 'supporters' to slam someone so young.

I love Brodie, but he's not likely to progress by as much
I would like to see us use one spot on our list to develop players on a rotation. That would mean Johnson would play when he has played well at wafl level and earned his spot and Erasmus would also be given Afl time when he is playing well. Even someone like Stanley could be given minutes. Playing Johnson every week seems ridiculous to me especially when Brodie is the much better player for the now. We can't keep living in the future. We need to play most of our best team now, give or take a space or two. Brodie could also take some of the load off Fyfe.b

If you listen to Jsoh Treacy on 'Better Down Back' he raises a very good issue that we sometimes overlook, when it comes to our 20 and 21 year old players. This group missed a large amount of football due to Covid. 2020 was the year our 21 year olds got drafted, then 2021 for our 20 year olds. It would make sense that they are behind a bit in their development, which frustrates a lot of supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those are hideously boring changes after a 70 point loss. No forced changes
Might not be. Justin did say one maybe two of the Peel midfielders may get a gig. But i doubt it. More a warning shot if the midfield drops away again. Agree with you. That is soft if it happens that way.

I think there best games are very close. Last year Johnson had a 25 disposals game with only 62% game time. Also 6 tackles, 7 clearances (elite), 12 contested possessions and 27 pressure acts and 76% disposal efficiency. Also last year Eramus best was 26 disposals in 75% game time, 13 contested possessions, 4 clearances, 10 tackles (elite) and 73% disposal efficiency. You’ve got to say though, if Eramus can put a game like that up against Collingwood, why hasn’t he been given more opportunities

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JL mentioned a couple people from Peel could get a chance. So MJ and Chapman are likely ins but they don't fit that criteria. Wagner probably one. Looks like Cox will at least be 3 weeks in the WAFL. Probably 60 mins in ressies, 75 mins in league and then a full league match if I had to guess.

I think this 3 week block is a good chance to try Hugh Davies. Been happy with what Draper has shown for his age but he has struggled a bit in 1-on-1s lately vs the big keys. Davies has been in really good form and seems more of a traditional key back than Draper. Draper is elite below his knees and is very composed by hand and foot (kicking execution lets him down sometimes), but I think Davies would fare better at defending a key forward and deserves a crack.

Its probably unlikely, but would also be great from a list management viewpoint to see Davies have 3 games at AFL level aswell. Both of these guys getting a taste of AFL this season would be good fuel for them.

I think there best games are very close. Last year Johnson had a 25 disposals game with only 62% game time. Also 6 tackles, 7 clearances (elite), 12 contested possessions and 27 pressure acts and 76% disposal efficiency. Also last year Eramus best was 26 disposals in 75% game time, 13 contested possessions, 4 clearances, 10 tackles (elite) and 73% disposal efficiency. You’ve got to say though, if Eramus can put a game like that up against Collingwood, why hasn’t he been given more opportunities

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fair enough. Kinda why I think both should be rotated through to get equal development in the Afl side. Imo Johnson has as much to work on as Erasmus but gets to do it all at the highest level while the other is playing wafl each week. Whether good, bad or indifferent in performance. Don't get it personally.

Rassys disposal is horrible at AFL.
We already have too many ball burners in the seniors.
If he can work that out he will be in the seniors.
He will be replacing a player whose kicking is just as bad. Neil has actually improved his kicking a lot. I haven't noticed whether Johnson,'s has. Last time I looked he just kicked strait to the opposition 60% of the time but has kicked a couple of nice goals. Ras had one poor kicking game before the bye, other than that he has been much improved

Those are hideously boring changes after a 70 point loss. No forced changes
So after every loss like last week, we throw the baby out with the bath water!!!!!
How many changes do you want this week?
Re Erasmus Johnson, could it be that Raz does not have the physical presence of Johnno.I just see Johnno as more forceful and powerful than Raz.

Our midfield has form in the obliterations and not being able to make something out of their possessions. Maybe we could start there. Something isn't right.

Our midfield has form in the obliterations and not being able to make something out of their possessions. Maybe we could start there. Something isn't right.
Yeh this needs to be improved. Sometimes they get their hands on it first but an errant handball here and there or one to many handballs they cough it up

Sometimes just need to get the ball in quick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back