Opinion Changes V Collingwood - R9 Friday 13th May, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Stefan Martin got 21 and 24 disposals in the last two VFL games he played earlier this year. The most Sweet got in any of the eight full matches he's played in the VFL since his last AFL game has been 13. Suggesting we "wasted" games on Martin rather than picking the backuo ruck that had shown obvious better form in the reserves is just a ridiculous disregard for the truth.
I honestly couldn’t give a shit if Martin had just had 50 touches and 135 hit outs in the twos, everyone knew he was strugglint at AFL level and eventually breaking down. We’ve put ourselves in the situation that Sweet is the only other option on the list, he should have been played and gotten games into considering the situation.

Trying to buy tickets through Ticketmaster. Anyone know where I can find the barcode needed to "unlock member tickets"? I've tried both numbers on my membership card (the member number and the number in the bottom left corner), but neither work. Social club member.

EDIT: Found it - but no "member entitlements" for this game. Anyone know what the GA situation is likely to be like for this game?

Last edited:
Happy to see Sweet get a go. I understand his form has been mediocre,
but he will be surrounded and supported by Bont, Macrae, Libba and Dunks.
That should give him a boost and all we want from him is effort!

Happy to see West in as well.

If you'd told me at the start of the year that this would be our named 22 in round 9 I would have assumed half our list had been killed in some freak accident

it is an amazing line up. What would the odds have been at the start of the season.

KM

Glad that West gets another crack, he's certainly done some hard yards between the back half of last season and the start of this year.

Sweet has been disappointing after some promising form last year, so really hope he shows us something.

This is by far the weakness and the most inexperienced team fielded all season
Games
Mccomb 3
Sweet 5
Cleary 0
West 12
Kharmis 2
McNeill 18
Scott 27

Some games are medi sub and the player did not take the field. How Crozier does not get a game is beyond belief. It is hard to see us winning with this team.

Hopefully west plays on ball and not forward.

From what I’ve seen in the vfl he’s been much better in there than in attack.

This is by far the weakness and the most inexperienced team fielded all season
Games
Mccomb 3
Sweet 5
Cleary 0
West 12
Kharmis 2
McNeill 18
Scott 27

Some games are medi sub and the player did not take the field. How Crozier does not get a game is beyond belief. It is hard to see us winning with this team.

Was just thinking the same. Throw perennial whipping boys in there like Cordy and R.Smith and on a player-for-player comparison we hypothetically go down by 30+ to pretty much every other team in the league except Norf this week.

Still, where there's life there's hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully west plays on ball and not forward.

From what I’ve seen in the vfl he’s been much better in there than in attack.

Who out of Bont, Macrae, Smith, Dunks, Adz, Libba does he get more minutes than?

West will no doubt play considerable minutes up forward and we can’t be upset about it. Unless the thinking is that he should be playing midfield ahead any of the listed above?

Gee, I couldn't possibly agree with the doom and gloom less. West and Cleary appeared to be tracking to get a call up soon enough anyway, a couple of weeks early will do just fine. Super excited about the injection of youth.
Yeah I guess it’s just disappointing considering we’re supposed to be contending but considering the situation and last few weeks at least there’s a bit of interest in this game for me now personally. Keen for tomorrow

There’s still a group of players who shouldn’t be playing afl currently but the cupboard is bare at the moment with the injuries, if your bottom five is losing you games to mid table teams then you’ve got bigger issues to worry about.

Martin out is a positive, he was decent ruckman for a long but he shouldn’t be playing another afl game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back