Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 14, 2023 vs Geelong at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Josh Carr did. At the end of the day if he wants to go home to Victoria, good on him. As long as we don’t get completely screwed I won’t be overly fussed. In saying this I have an inkling he will re-sign for a couple of years with a decent financial incentive.
I reckon he’s 100% gone..

Saints or collingwood..

We need to get the best deal
Possible

Burton has to come in because we need the extra height in defence which might mean yeah Jonas in too.
Jonas isn't tall. He''s shorter than Allir, McKenzie, Burton and Bergman. He's got less than an inch on Jones and Houston. He's not KPF height, is slow, no longer has any agility and has always been a terrible kick. He's been a solid servant but shouldn't be picked again.

Jonas isn't tall. He''s shorter than Allir, McKenzie, Burton and Bergman. He's got less than an inch on Jones and Houston. He's not KPF height, is slow, no longer has any agility and has always been a terrible kick. He's been a solid servant but shouldn't be picked again.
100%. Would be nice if the media actually looked at his output over the past 2 years and acknowledged he ain’t coming back rather than the bullshit “Ken making tough calls” rubbish.

Anyone who has actually watch our games knows the game passed by Jonas a long time ago.

Geelong suck. They've had the easiest draw of all time so far this year and they're 6-6. They've lost to five teams in the bottom half of the ladder (we've lost to none). They haven't beaten a single team in the top 5 all year (we've beaten 3). If our form is real and not a mirage, they're not going to start now.
I bet you haven’t looked at our injuries this year! You probably have no idea. Pretty much the last 4 weeks we have played with our second choice midfield contingent(vfl midfield) and have had around 9 out every week. Let’s see how port Adelaide go without:
Butters- (Dangerfield)
Rozzee-( Holmes)
Wines- ( guthrie)
Lycett and your other second choice ruck( Stanley and Shannon Neale)
Allir(Ratagolea)
Houston( Mitch Duncan)
Bergman- ( jack Bowes)
And jhye Clark whoever the like for like is. You blokes would have dropped a few with those injuries

I think this is a genuine 50-50 match!

I bet you haven’t looked at our injuries this year! You probably have no idea. Pretty much the last 4 weeks we have played with our second choice midfield contingent(vfl midfield) and have had around 9 out every week. Let’s see how port Adelaide go without:
Butters- (Dangerfield)
Rozzee-( Holmes)
Wines- ( guthrie)
Allir(Ratagolea)
Houston( Mitch Duncan)
Bergman- ( jack Bowes)
And jhye Clark whoever the like for like is. You blokes would have dropped a few with those injuries

There is literally not one of your comparisons I would prefer in our side!

Rozee to Holmes?! What world are you living in. You are comparing an AA top 10, maybe top 5 midfielder in the comp to someone who most wouldn’t recognize in the street and would barely be top 200 in the comp.

Butters to Dangerfield?! Brownlow favourite and potentially best player in the competition right now, to an old man who is well past his best.

Wines to Guthrie? Brownlow medalist from 2 years ago to a crab.

Aliir to Ratagolea… AA defender to someone who has literally only started playing defence this year and still looks like a fish out of water half the time.

Bergman to Bowes…. Just lol.

I could go on with the rest of the list, but you get the point yea?

Butters- (Dangerfield)
Rozzee-( Holmes)
Wines- ( guthrie)
Allir(Ratagolea)
Houston( Mitch Duncan)
Bergman- ( jack Bowes)

Have you tried crying more about it?

Your injury list isn't bad luck, it's what happens when you fill a list to the brim with 30+ year olds. The only exceptions on that list are Holmes and Ratugolea who have only missed 3 games all year between them.

Even so, I'm confident you could take all those guys out of our side and we still wouldn't lose to GWS at home. Lol.

Last edited:
There is literally not one of your comparisons I would prefer in our side!

Rozee to Holmes?! What world are you living in. You are comparing an AA top 10, maybe top 5 midfielder in the comp to someone who most wouldn’t recognize in the street and would barely be top 200 in the comp.

Butters to Dangerfield?! Brownlow favourite and potentially best player in the competition right now, to an old man who is well past his best.

Wines to Guthrie? Brownlow medalist from 2 years ago to a crab.

Aliir to Ratagolea… AA defender to someone who has literally only started playing defence this year and still looks like a fish out of water half the time.

Bergman to Bowes…. Just lol.

I could go on with the rest of the list, but you get the point yea?
I should have stated that this isn’t comparison of players ability it’s about the structure of the team. I was hoping you would see through that but I didn’t highlight this because I honestly believed you would understand what I meant..🤨

Ps- Dangerfield was in all Australian form before his injury lol…so you guys don’t realise our injuries and you just called Dangerfield an ‘old man’…bias commentary at its finest.

I should have stated that this isn’t comparison of players ability it’s about the structure of the team. I was hoping you would see through that but I didn’t highlight this because I honestly believed you would understand what I meant..🤨

Ps- Dangerfield was in all Australian form before his injury lol…so you guys don’t realise our injuries and you just called Dangerfield an ‘old man’…bias commentary at its finest.
Has wines won a best and fairest in a premiership year?….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really horrible news. The only good thing is that with the bye he probably only misses two games.

Jonas was good enough in the sanfl to come back in.

That being said, taking out Burton from the sanfl probably indicates he will be the one

Has wines won a best and fairest in a premiership year?….
Yeah guys Ollie won an award for being the best player in the league, but that's nothing compared to being the best player at Geelong! B&F in a premiership year is an accolade only reserved for champions and future hall of famers like Jordan Lewis and Jayden Short.

Nobody wants to admit it but Wines + Guthrie is probably the closest of all the comparisons made.

Also B&F in a premiership year is at least at the same level as a Brownlow imo. Its who was the best player in the best side, as opposed to who was the accumulating midfielder that isn't disliked by umpires and plays with not many other accumulating midfielders.

If you disagree with this because its Wines and Guthrie, let's use these for comparison:
Warren Tredrea in 2004 - B&F in a premiership side, vs Ollie Wines in 2021. Which season are you taking?

Houston and Duncan or AA and Ratugolea, now those are way more ****ing lol

Butters- (Dangerfield)
Rozzee-( Holmes)
Wines- ( guthrie)
Allir(Ratagolea)
Houston( Mitch Duncan)
Bergman- ( jack Bowes)

We have continued on winning with 5 out of our 6 first choice forwards out of the team for weeks on end. Every team has injuries. I know Geelong have more than they would like, but you are not a totally unique case this year. That’s said I still think the game is 50/50, but that shows the lack of confidence as a port fan even when we are ticking along well.

It'll be Burton didn't they limit his time in the second half of the SANFL game? they probably knew then.

Burton sat out the second half with an ice pack on his leg but hopefully he will be OK.

Narkle has to come in at some stage hopefully not a sub as he looks too good to be wasted in a part time role.

Danger was most certainly not in AA form prior to his injury lol. He has had over 30 touches once this year and over 25 3 times, that’s not really AA form. Before you say “stats don’t mean anything”, I’ve seen a heap of your games and he has probably polled brownlow votes in at best 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back