Preview Changes/Preview – Round 16 vs. Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His hand was completely busted that game and he shouldn't have been playing. Think it was half back he got moved to?

I can hack getting tagged and having a quiet night, but he was probably worst on ground with Fritsch with the dumb free kicks and the no look kicks.

If they tag Oliver then Oliver needs to sacrifice and play tight on Neale or Dunkley to give us an extra man.

I don’t think he’s fit enough to run with them though.
He did that this game. They sent Phillips to him and he tried to stand Wardlaw and gave away 6 FKs. He's mentally cooked as well as fat

He did that this game. They sent Phillips to him and he tried to stand Wardlaw and gave away 6 FKs. He's mentally cooked as well as fat
I don’t think he can get himself back to a decent level this year. We are going to be stuck playing him at 65%.

Will be very interesting to see what happens in the off/preseason and whether he knuckles down and comes back strong next year.

Even if he comes back fit next year, he is so much more suited to a stoppage game style.

I have six guys in my sites for some VFL practice.
They are the six that took zero or one marks against the Roos.

Fritsch, Oliver, Windsor, Bowey, Chandler, Sparrow.

Add to that Howes, who was another defence weak link which Norf exploited.

At least 3 of these 7 need a re-education camp (also known as the VFL).

Jefferson, with 4 goals in the VFL this week, might just cause a 50% increase in Melbourne's score.

He can't play any other position apart from inside mid. Been one of the worst goal kicking mids in the comp since his debut and can't compete in the air. If the next move is to put him forward they should just drop him
I agree not picking him there to start with, but in the middle of a game when he's being tagged to death and doing stupid things while the alleged actual forwards run around like headless chickens why not send him in that direction for a few minutes and see what happens. Probably nothing but better than leaving him on the H. Petty scheme of "we know this is going really badly, but it might get better so keep doing it".

I agree not picking him there to start with, but in the middle of a game when he's being tagged to death and doing stupid things while the alleged actual forwards run around like headless chickens why not send him in that direction for a few minutes and see what happens. Probably nothing but better than leaving him on the H. Petty scheme of "we know this is going really badly, but it might get better so keep doing it".
No no. It is "One pill didn't work? Here have 2 or 3 instead."

AMW any chance to come in if Salem doesn't get up?

Certainly padded the stats sheet, but can any Casey watchers comment on the actual quality of his game?
Should come in regardless IMO.

AMW to defence, Bowey to HF, Fritsch out, or AMW to defence, McVee to the mids and Oliver out. Actually, could drop both Oliver and Fritsch so that Kynan gets a full game.

Reward form.

AMW any chance to come in if Salem doesn't get up?

Certainly padded the stats sheet, but can any Casey watchers comment on the actual quality of his game?
Had a solid game , all things considered . Who knows what they will do selection wise .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out (What I want); Fritsch, Oliver, Petty, Bowey
In: Sestan, AMW, Kentfield/Jefferson,K Brown(full game)

Actually drop Howes for either Lever or Hore.
Like it but I'll take Jefferson before Kentfield.

Hopefully Petty getting systematically monstered (again) by Andrews this week will be the end of the forward experiment. He can be the sacrificial lamb as they won't drop him this week, then let Jeffo get a month at AFL level to see what we've got to work with.

Kentfield nowhere near ready .Seston has been quiet the last few games. If Lever is ready can see Tomlinson come out because that’s a Goodwin given . AMW deserves a go , maybe for Howes , but can anyone see either Oliver and Fritsch being dropped? I would dump Petty as well but coach has no track record of dumping his favourites.

Kentfield nowhere near ready .Seston has been quiet the last few games. If Lever is ready can see Tomlinson come out because that’s a Goodwin given . AMW deserves a go , maybe for Howes , but can anyone see either Oliver and Fritsch being dropped? I would dump Petty as well but coach has no track record of dumping his favourites.

I really feel for Tomlinson. To play in the 2nds then get a random invite to the firsts AND he performs is just a big tick to being a professional. I think he deserved to be let go last year so he could play a lot more games somewhere else.

I don't see Fritsch being dropped. He, generally, needs service in order to shine. He still is Melbourne's top goal scorer so he is not going anywhere.

The cynical side....

Oliver needs to be re-purposed. I don't know what as I feel they keep playing him hoping they might trade him out for some sexy low picks. But they will not get that if he is not playing.

Petty the same, they will want to keep playing him so when he goes at the end of the season they can get the best picks possible.

I feel the last third of this season is about testing the list. That is all I want to see. I don't feel Melbourne will make finals this year so there is no point just playing the same team over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back