Preview Preview/Changes – Round 9 vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Young legs get a rest. It's a 5 day break.
I feel like his endurance is pretty good though. Looked fresh as a daisy in the fourth where half the players looked knackered. Mind you that could be because the combined age of Geelong’s best 22 is about 15,000

Don’t understand why you’d leave Woey out. He’s been really solid, goes hard at it and importantly can play a number of roles.

Billings out for somebody. Sparrow fairly useless as usual but won’t get dropped because we don’t have a replacement to take centre square minutes.

Don’t understand why you’d leave Woey out. He’s been really solid, goes hard at it and importantly can play a number of roles.

Billings out for somebody. Sparrow fairly useless as usual but won’t get dropped because we don’t have a replacement to take centre square minutes.

I’d only drop Woey when Bowey is fit.

After today, reckon it's Bowey coming in as sub, Billings out.

Hore, BBB and Hunter as emergencies.

I wouldn't play Bowser as sub. If he's not fit and needs minutes, go to the VFL. If he's fit, he's in the main 22.
Yeah, I'm just going by the way the club reported him being available, sounded a bit like they would bring him straight back in. Maybe they could go Billings out, Woey forward, Bowey in?

Bowey + Hunter in, Woewodin + Billings out for mine.

Woewodin back to sub. Bowey is an automatic in if ready and Hunter is at least AFL level, Billings disposal currently is not.

Bowey + Hunter in, Woewodin + Billings out for mine.

Woewodin back to sub. Bowey is an automatic in if ready and Hunter is at least AFL level, Billings disposal currently is not.
I don't see a spot for Hunter. I'd rather reward Laurie if we are going to drop him.

As others have said Bowey in and McAdam in when fit. Woey out and Billings out. That's probably best 22 currently.

I reckon with the role Disco is playing as that medium forward he is holding McAdam’s spot. Soon as he’s fit Disco will be dropped.

I would say what MC are looking to do is Bowey and McAdam for Woey and Disco, but whether it’s against Carlton or against West Coast is the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a guy who is probably terrified of hurting himself again tbh (I can totally understand he’d be worried about getting hurt again).
No issues with being super cautious in a VFL match. Weird how it's pretty much the only time we've ever taken that sort of approach with someone returning from injury though.

No issues with being super cautious in a VFL match. Weird how it's pretty much the only time we've ever taken that sort of approach with someone returning from injury though.
I believe he left Adelaide because he wants happy with the medical treatment he was getting. Could be something in that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back