Celebrating HBF's 100k post. He is an ornament to big footy. The Casual Chat Thread

Which Pokemon Go team should you join?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck in that working. It will take hundreds if not thousands of years for people to let go of what they believe is their right. It's ingrained at a subconscious level.

Shootings in America will continue to the day this Earth explodes.

That old fart Charlton Heston and The NRA have a lot to answer for. That Simpsons episode where Homer buys a gun after attending a massive Soccer riot is quite topical right now, especially given the somewhat annoying shit fight going down in the A League and the FFA/Bec Wilson ie Banned fans

Brilliant news about Oscar Pistious, his manslaughter conviction quashed, and upgraded to murder.

JUSTICE !!!

F*****g grouse. Another shooting. I'll be there in a few weeks too. Great.

Obama should bite the bullet (no pun intended) and introduce gun reform. He can't go another term anyway from memory.

Although, you'd think anyone ballsy enough to do it would be #1 on any lunatic's hit list...
R.I.P. Barack Obama 1961-2015/6

F*****g grouse. Another shooting. I'll be there in a few weeks too. Great.

Obama should bite the bullet (no pun intended) and introduce gun reform. He can't go another term anyway from memory.

Although, you'd think anyone ballsy enough to do it would be #1 on any lunatic's hit list...

Obama can't just do it on his own, he needs to get gun reform laws passed by congress which isn't easy.

I'm sure he would've done more to crack down on guns if it was just his decision, he's been more outspoken about gun control than any other US president.

Pretty much, looking at least 15 years in the clink, so I've read

So he should, a year in jail and then released under house arrest was a joke of a punishment for gunning someone down.

Obama can't just do it on his own, he needs to get gun reform laws passed by congress which isn't easy.

I'm sure he would've done more to crack down on guns if it was just his decision, he's been more outspoken about gun control than any other US president.

He's only been more outspoken because he has to front the media about another mass shooting every week. He hasn't and can't do anything more than anyone before him.

He's only been more outspoken because he has to front the media about another mass shooting every week. He hasn't and can't do anything more than anyone before him.

Can't he pass laws using the Executive Order function of his Office?

http://www.thisnation.com/question/040.html

Executive Orders (EOs) are legally binding orders given by the President, acting as the head of the Executive Branch, to Federal Administrative Agencies. Executive Orders are generally used to direct federal agencies and officials in their execution of congressionally established laws or policies. However, in many instances they have been used to guide agencies in directions contrary to congressional intent.

Not all EOs are created equal. Proclamations, for example, are a special type of Executive Order that are generally ceremonial or symbolic, such as when the President declares National Take Your Child To Work Day. Another subset of Executive Orders are those concerned with national security or defense issues. These have generally been known as National Security Directives. Under the Clinton Administration, they have been termed "Presidential Decision Directives."

Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power." Section 3 of Article II further directs the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed." To implement or execute the laws of the land, Presidents give direction and guidance to Executive Branch agencies and departments, often in the form of Executive Orders...

Although the right to arm bears bear arms is in the U.S Constitution too, so I don't know if a President can lawfully undermine it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

America had thier "Port Arthur" moment with Sandy Hook. If they didn't change a thing after that then it never will.

Yeah, but WE had Little Johnny bob up to a gun rally in a bullet-proof vest.
SOURCE: http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...-their-firearms/2006/04/27/1145861489398.html
howard_sale_2804_narrowweb__300x338,0.jpg

Can the Yanks do better than that? Hell, can anyone?

Happy Birthday Packedlunch a true gentleman and a really funny campaigner. Hugs soon again I hope XXX

Thanks spunky! Very kind, quality cupping.
Even better getting all these bday wishes the next day, the party just keeps rolling on.

Kardinia Pork i'm heading in to see high tension tomorrow. Are you a fan?

Can't he pass laws using the Executive Order function of his Office?

Although the right to arm bears bear arms is in the U.S Constitution too, so I don't know if a President can lawfully undermine it.
maybe the solution is to arm bears?

America had thier "Port Arthur" moment with Sandy Hook. If they didn't change a thing after that then it never will.
They won't ever change their gun laws in any meaningful way - the right to bare arms underpins their constitution and is too deeply ingrained into the country's psyche for anyone to successfully challenge it

Yeah, that's what I thought. Even the President's balls aren't big enough to bounce against the SCrOTUS.
He did get his department to go to court over the christians not serving gays :eek:

Stating the bleeding obvious but American politics is set up a lot differently to ours. It's set up to protect the people from the government hence why one person doesn't hold all of the power. If you want a law changed it has to go through congress which is like pushing shit up hill, especially because of 3rd party 'funding'. As long as there's money in politics in America, nothing much will change.

Oh, and brainwashed rednecks.

The fact the NRA exists let alone have as much money and in turn power as they do is absolutely absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back