Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your club has had longer dry spells :p You really need to work on your routine.
You guys love living in the past 🥱
Melbourne
Sydney
Geelong
Footscray
Richmond
Hawthorn
Fremantle
St Kilda
...so many many teams have had a premiership drought.

You need to work on your routine.

You guys love living in the past 🥱
Melbourne
Sydney
Geelong
Footscray
Richmond
Hawthorn
Fremantle
St Kilda
...so many many teams have had a premiership drought.

You need to work on your routine.
No, You! :tearsofjoy:

Lightbulb moment!

I now realise why Carlton supporters are unwilling to discuss what needs to happen for them to become genuine premiership contenders....

It's because it is so far beyond the realms of possibility that they can no longer envisage it. So why would they even attempt to wrap their minds around what would need to happen/change, let alone answer the question in a thread about their team on an on-line football forum?

It's like Carlton supporters asking me 'What do Collingwood need to do to best position themselves to win the next 10 premierships?'

It is a ridiculous and unfair question.

I hereby apologise to the Carlton supporters to whom I posed the question for putting you in that unfair position.
This post shows why any Carlton supporter would want to have a serious discussion with you.

Ah, it's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

Between Carlton supporting talkback callers and Andy Maher on Blues Radio, we get hours and hours of free entertainment each year...
Good to see P Cripps living rent free in Collingwood supporters heads at the Lanard Copeland trophy. Fancy booing the brownlow result at your own vote count. At least your coach showed a bit of class .

Are these Collingwood simpletons still trying to convince themselves, that their season was better than ours this year?:D
I just had a look at the ladder mate and they're still below us.

I wonder how they will improve their team?
Apparently they are regular contenders so it's a dead set certainty that they play in the GF next year
Chris Ryan Laughing GIF by The Ringer

I wonder how they will improve their team?
That's for them to worry about mate. That Pies team won't be winning anymore flags though.:laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be 🤣🤣🤣
My suggestion: 29 years and counting, how much longer will Carlton be cooking?
Sounds like a ripper, when are you putting it up along with the other 20 threads the same?

Are you aware there is a 31% probability that their current 29 year premiership drought will extend to 50 years and beyond?
There's a 99.9% possibility that you have no idea what you're talking about:p

Significant numbers from a Carlton supporter's perspective in the 21st Century:
0 - Times a premiership contender.
1 - Number of Preliminary Finals played.
5 - Wooden Spoons.
8 - Number of Carlton coaches this century.
14 - Percentage win ratio against Collingwood this century (would be lower if we only counted live rubbers).
24 - Number of years since they finished Top 4.
31 - Percentage probability that their current premiership drought extends to 50 years and beyond.
49 - Age of their youngest premiership player.
60 - Number of points given up to their opponent (Brisbane) before they scored themselves in their most recent game.

Any other significant numbers I should add to the list?

Last edited:
5 - Wooden Spoons.
31 - Percentage probability that their current premiership drought extends to 50 years and beyond.
60 - Number of points given up to their opponent (Brisbane) before they scored themselves in their most recent game.

Throw in this week's lotto numbers and we should be golden, thanks.

5 - Wooden Spoons.

None of that has anything to do with 2025 though.

There's a 99.9% possibility that you have no idea what you're talking about:p
As I've said previously, I'm happy to stand corrected.

If the probability isn't 31%, what is it, and what is the rationale for your calculation.

Because the Carlton way is to make a passing comment in the way you have, and fail to back it up with anything to counter the conclusion.

And I don't expect anything different this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back