Carlton are the one to watch out for - They can win The Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a clubs supporters go on about a couple of injuries as much as Carlton fans this season. Saad, Cerra, McGovern and to a lesser extent 30yr old Doc are the only real losses there.

The rest are fringe players.

They are role players to us. We will be missing Fogartys bite and tackling pressure in the front half.
Martin and Motlop are our two classiest small/mid forwards.
Silvagni was supposed to be our link-man from mid to forward line and provide match day versatility.

We have too many A graders missing.

You have fallen into the trap that a lot of people do when they discuss the injuries of a team they don't support. And that is whether you rate the player or not is insignificant - it is all about where they sit in the pecking order within the team they play for. Saad, McGovern, Docherty and Cerra are all good players and I don't think many would disagree. Opposition fans may not think much of Motlop or Martin but they are our best small and mid-sized forward respectively. So that is why they are significant.

And then it becomes about context. Gov being out would not be as bad if we had Marchbank available but he is also out. So then we will likely have to use Young who would probably be the 5th ranked tall defender on our list. You look at Martin out and think well who can replace that - maybe Cuningham or Silvagni? No because they are out also. Look at Motlop and that out would not be as bad if we had Fogarty available but he is also out.

Looking at injuries in isolation is never going to give you the full sense of their impact on the team.

Carlton_99 I like the cut of your jib and this isn’t directed at you, but the only trap here is Carlton supporters pre-emptively coming up with excuses for their inevitable failure.

Carlton_99 I like the cut of your jib and this isn’t directed at you, but the only trap here is Carlton supporters pre-emptively coming up with excuses for their inevitable failure.
Yep every year "we've got injuries "

Never mind they've got 2 Coleman medallists, a Brownlow medallist and a Gary Ayres medallist NOT injured, plus the all-important Weitering

Their 5 best players, marquee players, fully fit

No excuses!!

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not an excuse for any performance we put up you are 100% right. But we know if you want to be a contender at the end of the year top 4 is almost a must. Next five games for us are against teams that are top 4 contenders so each of these games are pretty much "8 point games". The timing is just horrific

Yep every year "we've got injuries "

Never mind they've got 2 Coleman medallists, a Brownlow medallist and a Gary Ayres medallist NOT injured, plus the all-important Weitering

Their 5 best players, marquee players, fully fit

No excuses!!

And if we were playing basketball those five players would be sufficient. But to beat the very best teams which we come up against in the next 5 games that won't be enough. Nevertheless it is not an excuse just horrible timing

It's not an excuse for any performance we put up you are 100% right. But we know if you want to be a contender at the end of the year top 4 is almost a must. Next five games for us are against teams that are top 4 contenders so each of these games are pretty much "8 point games". The timing is just horrific

I mean the lions have 3 prime movers out with ACLs. You’ve just gotta move on and play well. Bringing up injuries is real non-contender energy. You feel me.

So from what Ive read from the last few pages is that Carlton's injuries are far more substantial than any other club hence their loss to Adelaide. Welcome to 17 other clubs problems.. I wish Essendon could field their best side just once. But who's complaining.

So from what Ive read from the last few pages is that Carlton's injuries are far more substantial than any other club hence their loss to Adelaide. Welcome to 17 other clubs problems.. I wish Essendon could field their best side just once. But who's complaining.
No one blamed our injury list for the loss against Adelaide. Losing players mid-game never helps but it wasn't the main reason we lost. And nobody is asking for us to have our best team available every week. Let's not put words in people's mouths

I mean the lions have 3 prime movers out with ACLs. You’ve just gotta move on and play well. Bringing up injuries is real non-contender energy. You feel me.
The Lions also have some very high quality players out as well no one is doubting that. Doedee particularly who I rate very highly. But for us it's not just some of our A grade talent it's also the second and third tier players which hurt your ability to replace those top-liners.

For years, Carlton have relied on top liners and had no one to help and we would always fall short. Now we actually have the players to help the top liners but a lot of them are injured. Again not an excuse for any performance we put up and the next five games would be tough even if we had them all. But it does have a massive impact on your ability to perform

Did you notice he used the exact same long replies he did to my similar query in the game day thread? You got two recycled responses!

8 disposals, 15 hitouts (4 to advantage), a goal, 6 clearances, 5 score involvements, game high 5 score launches, 109m gained (compared to O'Brien's 22m - or an average of 2m per disposal) in 50% game time.
Sounds pretty good to me.
O'Brien only took 3 marks in 90% ToG.
Those who know about the game understand Pittonet is a bad selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes also criticised Carlton for bringing in Hewett on a 4 year deal.

If you're using Clickbait Cornes as any sort of evidence to support your argument, you're doing it wrong :thumbsu:

Signing a French ruckman to 4 years is bad list management though. Especially when he immediately becomes backup ruck quality.

Sacrébleu!

Signing a French ruckman to 4 years is bad list management though. Especially when he immediately becomes backup ruck quality.

Sacrébleu!

How much is he being paid?

If you’re definitively saying it’s bad list management, you’d surely know all contract details. Right?

Personally, 4 years is longer than I would have given, but if it stretches what was likely already a very modest AFL wage, I have no real issue with it.

I get it though. Nitpickers gonna nitpick and trolls gonna troll. 👍

Na it's all good, keep playing Pitto

I don't have Pittonet in my best 22 - but he is not the reason we lost against Adelaide. My point was there is nothing wrong with a person taking a different view. Posting Daniel Hoyne's analysis that our turnover game is shot because of ONE player based on ONE game doesn't change much

How much is he being paid?

If you’re definitively saying it’s bad list management, you’d surely know all contract details. Right?

Personally, 4 years is longer than I would have given, but if it stretches what was likely already a very modest AFL wage, I have no real issue with it.

I get it though. Nitpickers gonna nitpick and trolls gonna troll. 👍

I’ve perused the contract. Not good I’m afraid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back