Opinion Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not looking past the weagles at this stage, different team at home and with Harley, and we are coming off the bye which may impact our form (another test of maturity of the group)
One game at a time absolutely. Then shift ure gaze to the next just win the next one and repeat

One game at a time absolutely. Then shift ure gaze to the next just win the next one and repeat
Give It To Me Want GIF

From the AFL website today… the below teams have all conceded runs of 5+ consecutive goals at least six times this year. Interesting that in the run home, we play all of them… only GWS missing from this list… The question is, how good is our forward line… can we pile on some goals against them? Will be fascinating!

Attachments

• IMG_4020.jpeg
    IMG_4020.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 40
Even at my most optimistic I didn't think this thread would be kicking at this time of the season .
It's great tbh .

We need to hold our form , easier said then dome but if we can we are in every game .

I think our next two will tell the story .
Eagle off the bye away will be tough .
Then the old nemesis away and they may have everything to play for also.

Snag both I almost feel we are infront of the curve........

From the AFL website today… the below teams have all conceded runs of 5+ consecutive goals at least six times this year. Interesting that in the run home, we play all of them… only GWS missing from this list… The question is, how good is our forward line… can we pile on some goals against them? Will be fascinating!
Worth noting that the last one of ours conceded was the Port Adelaide run down.

Since then we've dealt:
  • 3x 4 goal streaks to Brisbane
  • 2x 4 goal and 1x 5 goal streak to Adelaide
  • 1x 4 goal streak to GWS
  • 1x 7 goal streak to Richmond

And we haven't conceded a streak greater than 3 goals in that time.

Pushing for top 8 is great and all but what would've been great to see for this young group is a re-match against the Swans.
We'll do that in the grand final.

If I’m an opposition poster and we lose to West Coast I’m probably lurking around here with popcorn

But that ain’t going to happen

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Coming off a bye and travelling over to Perth.

I won't be surprised if this is a game where we slip on a banana peel, however I don't think it would mean much long term other than simply being a bad day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got us winning the next 3 games - perhaps with some optimism given away to Geelong and WCE.

Many of the teams above us play each other in that time. So long as Sydney keep winning, that’s in our favour too.

I’ve got us in the 8 by 2 points, at 8th, at the end of Round 18.

Where we finish is largely up to our group. Hope they enjoy the golf and come back focussed on finishing the season making a big statement.

So you’re saying he comes in on reputation and dislodges someone (probably) in good form that’s apart of a forward line functioning the best it has in years!
Lewis is our best tall forward, when he’s fit he’ll come into the side, just like when Day was fit, or when Sicily is fit.

You play your best players when they are fit. It’s that simple.

Back