Opinion Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Riewoldt said on 360 last night that if we get into the finals, we're a sneaky chance of emulating the Bulldogs' achievement in 2016.

I can see where he's coming from.
The defining characteristic of the Dogs win (besides egregiously bad umpiring) was that no one thought it'd happen. Makes me less comfortable that people are coming out and saying this sort of stuff.

The defining characteristic of the Dogs win (besides egregiously bad umpiring) was that no one thought it'd happen. Makes me less comfortable that people are coming out and saying this sort of stuff.
It wasn’t at the time but this could be put down to no one doing it beforehand. There’s an example now of it happening so Hawthorn or whoever else are getting those comparisons. It’s the same as Hawthorn fans and comparing players to Kennedy and leaving.

Jack Riewoldt said on 360 last night that if we get into the finals, we're a sneaky chance of emulating the Bulldogs' achievement in 2016.

Would be so sweet to get another flag over the Swans in spite of their academy players and a to-date highly dominant season.

Imagine losing two grand finals to teams from the bottom half of the 8.

I think we might miss out but not by much the Power game might be the difference, but if we finish 9-12 I think that will have been a very good year regardless.
Our team structure alone is looking way better than it did. MM really did a great job when you think about it.
Ginni, Chol & Massi have really exceeded expectations and if we manage to pick up Battle and Smith this year (they're my two prefs) it'll be massive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s just take it easy, let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves just yet, yeah?

There's a whiff of 2008 about this season, with the Swannies playing the role of Geewrong... Flare the nostrils and take in the sweet sweet aroma...
That would make Carlton us as we were the second best team all year.

There's a whiff of 2008 about this season, with the Swannies playing the role of Geewrong... Flare the nostrils and take in the sweet sweet aroma...
They can just play the role of the Swans.. the worst performing Grand Final side in modern history, it's the reason i'm not entirely sold regardless of how great they're looking right now.

Way ahead of Jack...
The Chad and I:
I'm starting to get a "Baby Bombers" vibe from this group.
They DGAF about pressure.
They will thrive in front of a big crowd.

Back