List Mgmt. Cam McCarthy Requests Trade to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever get consulted when I got tagged on a thread on their board designed to abuse me during the finals?

My memory of that is a little hazy but unfortunately I don't have any say outside of this board so no I wouldn't have been consulted. Every team board has different rules but, generally, tagging in opposition posters to abuse/insult them from the safety of your own board isn't acceptable. PM me if you want to discuss it further but that's really all I can say right now.

I read in another thread that Casboult is off the table.

I can't imagine Carlton would be keen to part with him after losing so many goal kickers in recent seasons. I don't know their list off by heart but their forwardline now is literally Casboult and....who else? Dale Thomas maybe?

excuse me for intruding but am i the only person who thinks that McCarthy is severely overrated.
He is the beneficiary of having another super key forward in his team.

If i was fremantle i would just goto the draft and take a flyer on someone like Ben Mckay. 200cm Key forward / utility who i believe has more potential than his brother who will go in the first round.

In saying that i wont object to a trade for weller to help facilitate a McCarthy trade :)

best of luck guys

Grape Bear - an interesting exercise would be to go through the draft threads over the last 4 seasons, and look at the players our supporters were losing their shit over. Then look at those ones that were available at our pick, and the output they've had since being drafted. It would say it all.

Darling is the only one that comes to mind that has been somewhat consistent.

GWS are really trying to make this as bad for McCarthy as possible. Like... what did he ever do to them to make them treat him so poorly? He's not chasing a massive contract here.

I actually hope he doesn't go back to training. Take the year off footy. Get his head right after the shitfight happening here. Spending another year at a club that's singled him out, and punished him, is only going to make things worse. **** GWS.

Aren't we gonna need guys like Weller to improve our class and ball use through the midfield? No good selling the farm for McCarthy when the ball is getting delivered to him poorly.
Just as big a problem of not having key forwards was our inability to move the ball around the ground accurately and quickly at times.

My memory of that is a little hazy but unfortunately I don't have any say outside of this board so no I wouldn't have been consulted. Every team board has different rules but, generally, tagging in opposition posters to abuse/insult them from the safety of your own board isn't acceptable. PM me if you want to discuss it further but that's really all I can say right now.

I can't imagine Carlton would be keen to part with him after losing so many goal kickers in recent seasons. I don't know their list off by heart but their forwardline now is literally Casboult and....who else? Dale Thomas maybe?
I don't want to get you in trouble :)

Question - what would Freo give up to get McCarthy?

Would there be pitch forks being sharpened if Freo traded Lachie Neale to Adelaide for Pick 13 + Player (like a Lyons, inside mid) ... so you could get the deal for McCarthy done? You picked up Bennell so the midfield will be stronger again next year, maybe letting a young player go is no big deal in the big picture?

I guess I'm trying to figure out how important this trade is to your club. It seems from the outside like it's the last piece of the jigsaw, and if that is the case then you just pay the price?

Look what the Hawks have done in terms of getting in who they need. They trade out players and picks every year so they can fill weaknesses.

The value of picks to a team like you guys is negligible anyway, yes - you need to develop young players along the way - but you are in the fine-tune phase surely? Win a premiership and young players will be lining up for trades anyway !

GWS are really trying to make this as bad for McCarthy as possible. Like... what did he ever do to them to make them treat him so poorly? He's not chasing a massive contract here.

I actually hope he doesn't go back to training. Take the year off footy. Get his head right after the shitfight happening here. Spending another year at a club that's singled him out, and punished him, is only going to make things worse. **** GWS.

I would imagine it's cause he signed a contract that has two years to run and wants out because if all reports are true he would be getting a lot lot more money. That would make anybody homesick.

Wouldn't that piss you off if it was Fremantle?

Pick 13 and who? Neale is a proven ball winner and an important cog in the midfield of the minor premiers. Pick 13 isn't going to cut it. Who would sweeten the deal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is that it seems that Freo don't even ask the question. It's annoying. A club can be too focused on certain targets that they don't have a Plan B or aren't casting a wide enough net. It looks like that is how Freo are operating at the minute.
At the minute, that is our modus operandi for the last 5 years

Pick 13 and who? Neale is a proven ball winner and an important cog in the midfield of the minor premiers. Pick 13 isn't going to cut it. Who would sweeten the deal?
Mate, that is exactly what I am talking about.

If I said Pick 13 + Jarryd Lyons, and you say "no that isn't enough" - my question is again, well how much does McCarthy's addition mean to Freo?

Who cares about the "steak-knives" (I hate that terminology) when the main deal is the one that could make the difference between success or another near miss.

I would imagine it's cause he signed a contract that has two years to run and wants out because if all reports are true he would be getting a lot lot more money. That would make anybody homesick.

Wouldn't that piss you off if it was Fremantle?
Freo have said the contract we've offered him isn't massive.
What about the rest of their players that are contracted & going for more money?

Thats what i thought after Henderson left, they are as skinny as us in that department

Aren't we gonna need guys like Weller to improve our class and ball use through the midfield? No good selling the farm for McCarthy when the ball is getting delivered to him poorly.
Just as big a problem of not having key forwards was our inability to move the ball around the ground accurately and quickly at times.
And how do we fit in all of Crozier, Weller, Langdon, Barlow, Blakely, Mzungu into the already crowded midfield. SOmetimes you have to give up some of your surplus (midfield) for where we are deficient (forward line)

Mate, that is exactly what I am talking about.

If I said Pick 13 + Jarryd Lyons, and you say "no that isn't enough" - my question is again, well how much does McCarthy's addition mean to Freo?

Who cares about the "steak-knives"

Our midfield would take a noticeable hit in order to get a forward thats played half a good season over his career so far.

I don't think the club would see it as worthwhile. Especially given it would greatly improve your sides midfield and you are looking likely to be up and about challenging next year.

Just my opinion obviously.

I seriously do not understand how he signed a two year extension. It's insane. It also reeks of a bit of arrogance to be fair... GWS have no need to do the right thing. Unless mum or dad are sick, why should they give him up? To sign a deal and then renege and expect it to all work out well for him is just stupid.

That, or Fremantle should have told the kid this time last year that we would give him 600k a year. [/B]

This time last year cam would be 6 months into his new contract, the one that is causing all the problems.

Are you serious, get him off his lazy arse and earn his wages, mods these days, pfftt
I learned a long time ago that it isn't worth starting a fight with big dumb people because they resort to violence when they get confused, and that happens very quickly because I can use long sentences and big words.

So I don't want Riteo to get hurt because a GWS fan thinks it's ok to tell me to eat a bag of dicks.

excuse me for intruding but am i the only person who thinks that McCarthy is severely overrated.
He is the beneficiary of having another super key forward in his team.

And struggled to be best 22 in the 2nd half of the year.

McCarthy is not good enough atm to be the missing link in our forward line. In 2 or 3 years maybe. But he's not going to have the immediate impact that would warrant us selling the farm to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back