Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played enough games?

Corp has only played 2 and Martyn/Gribbin just the 1. They only played during byes and i think were only going to qualify if they had a full out with their club and decided to come back and play out the season with Rovers.

chief is too old and slow, i don't reckon you need him.....
anderson didn't look like he would be returning to football any time soon when he was hobbling aoround on crutches at the krusher dome. has he played all year?

Get off bigfooty and do some work Junior!

I noticed a previous post has gone missing about Hampton not winning when it counts. Whilst our form is currently questionable one would've thought to be sitting a game clear on top that games have been won when it counts. With a month of the home & away season left there's still ample time to turn it around in readiness for a tilt at the finals. Take nothing away from the opposition we've lost to. Ajax are a class act and Oakleigh play their own game very well. Ormond saw a shift in momentum in the 3rd and ran away with it in the last. MHSOB were playing for their survival and simlpy wanted the win more. A little concerning were the margins in 3 of these games, but I'm pretty confident we learnt enough from each of the losses to suggest we'll be thereabouts at season's end.

I would say winning when it counts is during finals. A win this week is no more or less important than in round 1. Rovers have got games in the bank. Just think if some of you teams could've knocked them off in the first half of the year they wouldn't be sitting pretty on top a game clear still!

uncle mick, what has happened to daniel andersen? i saw him on crutches against us a few weeks back, will be a handy in if he is back in a few weeks...is lawrence returning soon? looks like you are missing him up forward.

Thstop fishing for compliments Junior! No one else is interested in talking about you.

Hey Pinto... thstop thspending thso much time on this forum and thstart paying your mithssus thsome attention. Who needs a computer when you can play with those chesticles all day?

Stuff up in the C Section Preview this week,Fraser has Ormond playing at E.E. Gunn this week and he's backing them at HOME TO WIN BY 6 GOALS.The game is at Parkdale!

Jackas went down by 5 points to MHSOB with a High School goal kicked with one second left on the clock.

Lead changed plenty of times throughout the game.

I hate to do this and if you check my posting history you will see that I never have before. But, that was the most disgraceful umpired game I have ever been to.

I never buy into arguments that umpiring decisions decide games becuase a couple of bad decisions do not make the difference over 100 minutes.

However, the umpires (the tall bloke in particular) gave - by my count - MHSOB 8 goals from free kicks and/or 25 metre penalties. The tall bloke paid at least seven soft 25 metre penalties on his own. They were disgraceful and were one of the main reasons melbourne high won.

I know you are all going to abuse me, call me a sore loser and say ajax deserves it but i just needed to vent.

At the same time, Ajax did not play anywhere near their best and when that happens, you're bound to lose.

End rant

Jackas went down by 5 points to MHSOB with a High School goal kicked with one second left on the clock.

Lead changed plenty of times throughout the game.

I hate to do this and if you check my posting history you will see that I never have before. But, that was the most disgraceful umpired game I have ever been to.

I never buy into arguments that umpiring decisions decide games becuase a couple of bad decisions do not make the difference over 100 minutes.

However, the umpires (the tall bloke in particular) gave - by my count - MHSOB 8 goals from free kicks and/or 25 metre penalties. The tall bloke paid at least seven soft 25 metre penalties on his own. They were disgraceful and were one of the main reasons melbourne high won.

I know you are all going to abuse me, call me a sore loser and say ajax deserves it but i just needed to vent.

At the same time, Ajax did not play anywhere near their best and when that happens, you're bound to lose.

End rant
There are games that are won, there are games that are lost and there are games that are thrown away.... Well done MHSOB on a never say die effort.
MHSOB led by 28 points in the 3rd quarter but Ajax fought back to lead by 19 points going into time on in the last quarter...
MHSOB kicked the last 4 goals in 5 minutes against an Ajax side which really never deserved to win all day.
Ajax lost it from the coaching bench ...... why would Ajax never learn what to do in those circumstances?No message came out to slow it down or to flood the defence, and MHSOB fought to the end.
The umpire mentioned above gave some appalling decisions but he cannot be blamed for Ajax's loss

Just got off the phone to a mate at MHSOB re comments made by Gun Footballer. The Gun was right according to my mate. Even by his own admission, the umpire singled out by Gun was a joke. He said they were happy to get the 4 points however the umpire kept them in it with some shocking frees and strange 25 metre penalties. Makes the run home interesting in C grade now.

Ormond too good for Parky today by around 4 goals... Robbins good up forward but it was their talls marking ability around the ground that was the clincher.

Todays umpiring was just ridiculous.
Blatant bigotry! I'm sick and tired of you people treating us the way you do. It's discrimination. Grow up and get over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Oakliegh yestrday i was extremely impressed. Having beaten them in the first round i thought we would be able to match up amd do well. They controlled the game from the outset, good running midfield, good forward line options and solid down back. Playing with alot of confidence. Will be hard to beat.

As for Ajax, i have empathy for gun footballer, we all feel we have been on the end of some shocker days by the men in white, overall it probably evens out over time. Yosi's post is not worth commenting on and Mazal you keep representing the boys as you seem a fair man. Well done to MHSOB, we would need to win every game from hear and hope someone loses all three. Virtually impossible. However it has been a great competition and have been wrapped to be a part ofit.

Whatever happens i believe Rupo can rebound from this year with hard work, commitment and a bit of luck.

Stuff up in the C Section Preview this week,Fraser has Ormond playing at E.E. Gunn this week and he's backing them at HOME TO WIN BY 6 GOALS.The game is at Parkdale!

D'oh - bit of a brain explosion there, good thing it didn't put Ormond off their game then eh? :D

Todays umpiring was just ridiculous.
Blatant bigotry! I'm sick and tired of you people treating us the way you do. It's discrimination. Grow up and get over it.

YOSI .. You idiot !!!! ......No way you represent Ajax... no way you could be a supporter ...you are a shit stirrer from another Club....

Well an interesting afternoon at Bulleen. Hampton won comfortably in the end but for my money were not very impressive in doing it. More a case of Whitefriars being woeful. However, the Friars were right in the mix due to inaccurate Hampton kicking until mid second quarter when they absolutely butchered two strong plays into their goal square and Hampton whisked it away for scores at the other end. It was quite common to see Friars storming up the wing and kicking over into the forward line to find three (count 'em!) Rovers waiting for the ball and... zero men in blue.

Overall I was quite disappointed today, I've seen a fair bit of C section footy in the last couple of years although this was the first one I've watched this year, to be honest Hampton really weren't anything to write home about, maybe some of their outs messed up the game flow. The Friars of today would be given a pasting by at least two or three D2/D3 sides. Harsh call maybe, but Werribee and Williamstown would have easily taken the four points.

Hope the Whitefriars magoo with the busted leg is not too bad and hopefully he can be back in good form next year.

What an interesting Round 16 we have in front of us, with 3 games that could have an enormous outcome in the way the final 4 looks like come Round 18. The 3 games concerned are Hampton Rovers v Parkdale, AJAX v Whitefriars, Ormond v Oakleigh.

Well an interesting afternoon at Bulleen. Hampton won comfortably in the end but for my money were not very impressive in doing it. More a case of Whitefriars being woeful. However, the Friars were right in the mix due to inaccurate Hampton kicking until mid second quarter when they absolutely butchered two strong plays into their goal square and Hampton whisked it away for scores at the other end. It was quite common to see Friars storming up the wing and kicking over into the forward line to find three (count 'em!) Rovers waiting for the ball and... zero men in blue.

Overall I was quite disappointed today, I've seen a fair bit of C section footy in the last couple of years although this was the first one I've watched this year, to be honest Hampton really weren't anything to write home about, maybe some of their outs messed up the game flow. The Friars of today would be given a pasting by at least two or three D2/D3 sides. Harsh call maybe, but Werribee and Williamstown would have easily taken the four points.

Hope the Whitefriars magoo with the busted leg is not too bad and hopefully he can be back in good form next year.

You generally seem to have a decent understanding of the game, but your comments about the poor standard contradict that. Both sides were up against it in very blowy conditions. I would've thought it was a fairly honest performance. Each to their own.

What an interesting Round 16 we have in front of us, with 3 games that could have an enormous outcome in the way the final 4 looks like come Round 18. The 3 games concerned are Hampton Rovers v Parkdale, AJAX v Whitefriars, Ormond v Oakleigh.

Pretty sure it's Ajax v Monash, Jason. And why wouldn't Mazenod v Friars be an important one? Rupo v MHSOB isn't exactly a nothing game either.

ur both *******s

its HR vs parkdale
Ajax vs monash
Ormond vs Oakleigh

and yes.. 3 massive games
oakleigh has a really testing run coming to finals, the 4 is by no means set.. lots of top 5 vs top 5 matches in the last 3 rounds

The Parkdale ressies ump has now surpassed the Ajax and Monash ones,what a cheat if it wasn't for him they would have got done by heaps more.His 25 metres were around 45,one was twice the length of the cricket pitch.

Spot on, have had many run ins with this bloke, how the VAFA Umpires Assoc. can still let him umpire is a blight on the game. Give it away you old tosser.

The Parkdale ressies ump has now surpassed the Ajax and Monash ones,what a cheat if it wasn't for him they would have got done by heaps more.His 25 metres were around 45,one was twice the length of the cricket pitch.
Who cares it didn't help them. They only kicked 4 goals for the game!

Good win by the 1's. Great 2nd quarter set up the win & withstood a brief comeback in the 3rd. Some late goals after the sting was out of the game flattered Parkdale in the end.

Season over for Parkdale with Mazenod only a real chance to get into the 4 from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back