• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and look at St.Bedes now.Ormond have to advertise the coaching jobs every year,lets hope common sense will prevail and they get rid of him.
Don't reckon even Barney's closest ally would suggest tactics are his strongest asset. And I don't reckon those who were as keen as... to get him to the club will want to see him off at seasons end - be a bit embarrassing wouldn't it;) Anyway, let's wait til it's all rapped up before we rush to judgment. As of know, it looks like an Oakleigh v Ajax G.F. However, if the Rovers get all their Sandy players on the park they could threaten.

[ if the Rovers get all their Sandy players on the park they could threaten.[/quote]
There's no point. Gribbo, Marto and Corpy can't qualify for finals.

I noticed a previous post has gone missing about Hampton not winning when it counts. Whilst our form is currently questionable one would've thought to be sitting a game clear on top that games have been won when it counts. With a month of the home & away season left there's still ample time to turn it around in readiness for a tilt at the finals. Take nothing away from the opposition we've lost to. Ajax are a class act and Oakleigh play their own game very well. Ormond saw a shift in momentum in the 3rd and ran away with it in the last. MHSOB were playing for their survival and simlpy wanted the win more. A little concerning were the margins in 3 of these games, but I'm pretty confident we learnt enough from each of the losses to suggest we'll be thereabouts at season's end.

Ormand coach is doing fine they are no better than a normal 4th to 6th type C grade side and that is exactly the position the are in now

Best list Ormond have had in 5 years (with the exception of Miller). Add ex AFL senior player Robbins and a few other good pick ups plus good juniors coming through, in an average C grade year. Where's the problem ?
Poor Management !!!!

and look at St.Bedes now.Ormond have to advertise the coaching jobs every year,lets hope common sense will prevail and they get rid of him.

I think you twats should give the guy a bit more respect. He has achieved more in ammo footy than ALL of you could dream of. Everyone on this forum feels the need to blame someone else for their poor performances. Here's a tip - start with yourselves.
Don't forget he took St Bedes/Hampton Rovers to B-Grade in the first place and as for Beaumaris, f*ck me, they are a C-Grade side full stop.
And, NO I'm not a mate of his, just someone who played against his sides and has enormous respect for what he has done.
If you guys need another opinion ring Mike McCarther-Allen and ask him abour leadership & winning A-Grade GF's, I'll bet he'll mention his name many times.

uncle mick, what has happened to daniel andersen? i saw him on crutches against us a few weeks back, will be a handy in if he is back in a few weeks...is lawrence returning soon? looks like you are missing him up forward.

Aside from any mishaps in the next couple of weeks we're expecting some welcome returns to hopefully be at full strength for a finals tilt. Big Chief played in the reserves on Saturday. Hard to know how much match fitness is required for him to be up to senior footy, but one would suspect if he were to get himself reasonably fit he'd be a handy inclusion this late in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chief is too old and slow, i don't reckon you need him.....
anderson didn't look like he would be returning to football any time soon when he was hobbling aoround on crutches at the krusher dome. has he played all year?

I think you twats should give the guy a bit more respect. He has achieved more in ammo footy than ALL of you could dream of. Everyone on this forum feels the need to blame someone else for their poor performances. Here's a tip - start with yourselves.
Don't forget he took St Bedes/Hampton Rovers to B-Grade in the first place and as for Beaumaris, f*ck me, they are a C-Grade side full stop.
And, NO I'm not a mate of his, just someone who played against his sides and has enormous respect for what he has done.
If you guys need another opinion ring Mike McCarther-Allen and ask him abour leadership & winning A-Grade GF's, I'll bet he'll mention his name many times.
Great player, cannot coach thats all.Ormond with this list under Matthews would be in the G.F.

You're a goose, Scribe.

Don't know a thing about Matthews, but Barney has a respectable record. He was a simple man and tended to play favourites, but most coaches do.

As for Chief, too old and slow is a bit rough. Still on the right side of 35 and if his body is right, could be an imposing figure come finals time.

You're a goose, Scribe.

Don't know a thing about Matthews, but Barney has a respectable record. He was a simple man and tended to play favourites, but most coaches do.

As for Chief, too old and slow is a bit rough. Still on the right side of 35 and if his body is right, could be an imposing figure come finals time.

Re Chief..A great player in his day..

My only question is whether he has the leg speed to keep up with the younger fitter opposition.I guess only time will tell.....

Mazenod v Monash: This game will spell the end of one team's final aspirations. Mazenod at home with slightly better form for mine.
Parkdale v Ormond: The vultures are brutal at home. Only loss at home was against the top team when the Rovers were flying and that was only just. Ormond are ordinary against good teams: make sure to pack plenty of ice packs and stretchers.
MHSOBv Ajax: Last 2 weeks have been good for the High School but they will be done by a better outfit here. Ajax, just.
Oakleigh v Rupertswood: Oakleigh are still slowly building up to September action and will be way too strong. Ruppo are gone - effectively 2 games behind MHSOB. C section teams can look forward to saving some petrol for 2009.
Whitefriars v Hampton: Maybe this is the game of round - and it's 10th v bloody 1st! The Friars are a proud mob, and like a mangy dog, if they get a sense of fear from the wobbly Rovers they will win. Both paying $1.90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back