Buckey Vs Voss.

Originally posted by Stone Cold
Yeah, I'm sure Voss would swap one of his medals for one of those!!!!! NOT!!!!!

Anyway, Buckley stole it from Voss anyhow!!!!!

Whatever.

FWIW Voss is the better player, but to suggest Buckley's form, has slipped when he was just voted BOG in a losing Grand Final side is ignorant.

I would LOVE to have Voss at Collingwood because I think he is absolutely AWESOME and shines in such a great team.

I wouldnt get rid of Buckley for Voss because Buckley is Collingwood through and through and has proven that time and time again.

Both are great polayers and I can't split them. Don't be fooled, Buckley is a great captain and leads from the front as evident in last years GF and the wizzer semi against the cats. He had one bad night and people zero in on him. Look at Buckleys career, not one game.

Someone posted some Brownlow stats and Buckley avereages 14 per seson and has the best games per votes ratio of most (all?) current players, from my memory of the post.

You cant call Buckley a receiver, even more so in recent years. Yes early he could have had that tag given to him, but in those dark days we didnt have anyone with the finishing class of Buckley and he HAD to receive the ball so it could be delivered to the forwards properly. Thats why he used to rack up 35+ to 40+ posession games every week. Now that he has a better side and a more skillful side around him, his per game averages have reduced slightly and he hjas been able to work on a better all round game. He has also been in Collingwoods top 3-5 in the hard ball gets stats for the last 5 or more years. Someone here may have those stats handy and could post them here and even post Voss' hard ball gets stats for comparison.

Both are brilliant and I only give Buck's the nod because he is here and proven he bleeds black and white. Loyalty is not dead and he deserves credit (and premierships) for sticking around in the tough times when he could have gone elsewhere for more money (Port) and more success.

Originally posted by dillo_09
Someone here may have those stats handy and could post them here and even post Voss' hard ball gets stats for comparison.
*Prior to AFL Grand Final 2002*
**Hard Ball Gets**
Michael Voss - 70 in 21 games
Nathan Buckley - 70 in 20 games

**Handballs Received**
Michael Voss - 153 (2nd for Bris. 1st for Bris = Black with 106)
Nathan Buckley - 165 (2nd for Coll - 1st for Coll = Licuria with 84)

I don't have Buckleys stats for handballs, but Buckley doesn't get on the top 5 of Collingwoods handballing stats where Voss is second on Brisbanes top 5 with 161.

I guess the stats say that Buckley is more of a receiver than Voss is but Buckley has the same hard ball gets from one less game than Voss does.

Just for fun lets compared top 5 hard ball getters from Brisbane with top 5 hard ball getters from Collingwood.

1. Paul Licuria - 84
2. Nathan Buckley - 70
3. Steven McKee - 69
4. Scott Burns - 65
5. Josh Fraser - 62

1. Simon Black - 106
2. Michael Voss - 70
3. Des Headland - 53
4. Nigel Lappin - 48
5. Luke Power - 41

Interesting to see who does (did in 2002) all the hard work at each club.

Originally posted by Lestat
You'd put Crawford ahead of Buckley and McLoud??

Pretty much sums up you football knowledge.

Crawford is a Champion, However as good as Buckley or McLoud he IS NOT!

Ill ask you a question Mr football historian, Has Nathan Buckley the 1 and only the man himself ever won a Brownlow medal??? and has anyone won the Brownlow so easily actually ill answer it no Buckley has never won the brownlow so theres my Football Knowledge for you mate.

Now im not having a shot at Buckley at all cause i think he is a champion of our game and a great sportsman i realy do admire him but he has never won a Brownlow and if he was a better player he would have but he hasnt.

Another question buddy who captained the All Aus team to Ireland???? theres some looking up for you to do to add to your Football knowledge.

cheers

Originally posted by Lockyer24 :
Buckleys better/as good as McLeod.

Originally posted by shiva25
WTF :eek:

Buckley is more consistent on a week to week basis than Mcleod who can be hot and cold on a week to week basis (and Mcleod can go missing for extended periods of games), Buckleys very best would be just as damaging as Mcleods best.

I cant see how Lockyer saying Buckley is better/as good as Mcleod is an outrageous statement.

Originally posted by tige19
Ill ask you a question Mr football historian, Has Nathan Buckley the 1 and only the man himself ever won a Brownlow medal??? and has anyone won the Brownlow so easily actually ill answer it no Buckley has never won the brownlow so theres my Football Knowledge for you mate.

Now im not having a shot at Buckley at all cause i think he is a champion of our game and a great sportsman i realy do admire him but he has never won a Brownlow and if he was a better player he would have but he hasnt.

Another question buddy who captained the All Aus team to Ireland???? theres some looking up for you to do to add to your Football knowledge.

cheers
What has the Brownlow got to do with anything.
You name one champ that has won it, and somebody else can name you two players that are probably better in the same era.

why would anyone who listen to a guy who's idol is stone cold steve austin.... you smell what the rock is cooking ****head... get some brains, and watch a game. if everyone is as good as bucks, voss etc, then the level would rise, and everyone would be ave, but everyone is diff, and it is a good thing to see. i dont want 22 buckleys or voss' in our team. new subject

Originally posted by tige19

Did Leigh Matthews ever win a brownlow?
He is regarded as the best player ever and he never won one.

Did Gary Ablett ever win it?

Has Wayne Carey won it?

There are plenty of outstanding players that have never won it. It's not a equitable means of ranking players' ability.
Winning a brownlow requires a great year and more importantly, a LOT OF LUCK.

Originally posted by RIPPER_46
Sook Sook I dont want to play for brisbane Sook

I want to play for a team that can win a premiership.

ROFLMAO

And at the momet, he is playing for a side that can win a Premiership.

If he didn't want to win one, he would just go to Freo.

Originally posted by Danni
As much as it pains me to say it.......

That is a very unfair assessment of Buckley.

A receiver? Oh gawd - even I can admit he is a great player and deserves more kudos than that original post.

In my (very biased) opinion he isn't as good as Voss, in a number of areas including 2nd, 3rd and 4th attempts, captaincy, and there is the Brownlow Medal/2x Premiership Captain thing too.

BUT, he also is still one of the best in the comp, probably an easy top 5 player for me.

I'm with you.

Buckley is an out and out champ and the fact that he left Brisbane to play for Collingwood doesn't change this.

There's nothing to be gained by comparing one champion with another.

It's like trying to compare Brian Lara with Adam Gilchrist.

Or Tiger Woods with Ernie Els.

I am Brisbane Lions through and through but I get a liitle tired of some people denigrating great players just because they don't wear our colours.

Well I think that Buclkey is a good player but I definetely think that Voss and McLeod are better.

I have seen you talk about 4 people and here is how I would place them.

1. McLeod
2. Voss
3. Buckley
4. Crawford(sometimes doesn't play that good)

What a suprise. Someone who has voss as their moniker, and follows Brisbane, rates Voss as a better player. someone who probably has seen half a dozen Collingwood games in their life, doesnt rate Buckley.
I rest my case.

Buckey Vs Voss.