Preview Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons - Friday, 28 June 2024, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he didn't do a Patrick Karnezis comparison, he was our new shiny toy for a while .
I still remember vossy not picking him the following year, aledgedly because he was on the move , but maybe Vossy new more than me and realized if Patrick ever had his hair cut he would become a shadow of his former self.
The rest is history.
but yeah , how good did Paps look early on.
I think he cut his hair , hmmm.
Will has cut his hair.

Fritsch played half back earlier on in his career.

Oh wow. Look what I just found. So now Logan Morris is better than Daniher, Cameron and Hipwood. Amazing for a 7 gamer with 7 possessions per game and receiver of dodgy 50m calls. :)

Fritsch is the best goal kicker out of the Brisbane entire team. I'm not surprised as Fritta is elite and one of the best medium forwards in the game. But step aside Daniher and Hipwood, clear the 50m, Charlie crumb at his feet boy, and Rayner plod off elsewhere, Fritta is the top dog.

The last 4 years:
Fritsch the last 4 years: 180 goals, 79 games. Average of 2.27 goals per game (Avg 3 goals in his last 6 vs the lions)
Charlie Cameron the last 4 years: 189 goals, 89 games. Average of 2.12 goals per game.
Joe Daniher: 176 Goals, 83 Games, 2.12 Goals per game
Eric Hipwood: 116 Goals, 72 games, 1.61 Goals per game.
Zac Bailey, 107 Goals, 81 Goals, 1.32 Goals per game

Nathan Barley
Logan Morris will have to pass all of Brisbane's forwards then if he's to surpass the Fritsch magnet.

View attachment 2031206
I heard Fritsch made the AA squad once and that makes him an all time great, hypothetically if two of the Lions forwards you mentioned made the final team would that mean they would be in the conversation for Melbournes best ever forward?

Elixuh

Your preview was extremely Brisbane centric and showed far too much smugness for a team that is currently 10th. I had a look at who Brisbane have beaten and it's been Port, Stkilda, Dogs. Pretty average teams. Sure, the bulldogs are okay but even the dees handled them. Then previously lost to the Hawks. Both teams are as irrelevant in season 2024.

Will Ashcroft will be hopefully making his long awaited return and it will be interesting to see how long into the game it takes for him to earn one of his patented ducking frees that he typically does. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the biggest duckers in the game and to be one so early in his career is Jack Ginnivan levels.

Comparing Logan Morris, a 7 game first year player who couldn't crack into a team that was 13th to a guy like Fritsch who was kicking 6 in granny's, making AA squads and kicking 50 goals a season for fun is extremely disrespectful. And delusional. Morris has had a good start to his career. As did Marco Paparone.

You label Logan Morris as 'an absolute gun'. That sort of language is embarrassing. He is a Jacob Van Rooyen but shorter and much less physical presence.

The dees fans are fully aware of the grubbery of the lions team. Zorko with his tantrums with Touk Miller as well as mocking of Petty. Then throw in Clayton Oliver pinning Jarrod Berry down like a little child before Berry starts eye gouging him. Then throw in Noah Answerth carrying on like he's actually a good AFL player. like dude, you haven't earned the right to trash talk. You're a scrub.

Now onto the dees. We're definitely a mess. No Petracca, Oliver's fall from grace well documented, No Brayshaw, hell even losing Jackson has had long lasting effects. Throw in the loss of Mac Andrew who should be a demon is a justifiable gripe that dees fans have with the AFL. Losing Joel Smith to the drug scandal has all hurt us. He wasn't a world beater but he kicked the most goals for us in the finals last season. It's his own wrong doing though.

This is a battle of a club most gifted by the afl with father-sons versus a team arguably the most disadvantaged by the father/son and academy rules.

Brisbane are clearly still thinking that they're relevant this season. Sitting in 10th and humming along because they beat some out of form teams. The dees on the other hand are blooding the kids, with one eye on next season.

The dees battle will be in stopping the Brisbane tall forwards as well as dangerous smalls. May will probably blanket whoever he is on, but if Oliver is slacking off yet again then the midfield entries inside 50 may simply be too easy. McVee will blanket one of the Brisbane smalls. Neal-Bullen could go to Lachie Neale, but even when Neale gets tagged he floats to the half backline and gets cheapies to inflate his stats. I'm not worried about Lachie Neale.

I do predict this to be a landslide victory for Brisbane but this will be more a reflection of the dees than the lions. The dees are lost at sea. When WCE beat the dees, the WCE fans were strangely up and about. Despite warning them that the story is more about the dees being bad, they chose not to listen and they lost to Adelaide by 100 the following week. The Lions forwards should all get their lick of the ice-cream and I expect the margin to be 50+.

I expect the umpires to get sucked into Ashcroft ducking which along with the noise of affirmation will cost the dees a couple of goals.

The dees will be putting their match preparation into Neale, C.Cameron, Zac Bailey and Daniher/Hipwood with the latter often playing out of his skin against us. Rayner won't even be mentioned, and either will Logan Morris. Guess who Logan Morris played on last week, debutant Ari Schoenmaker. Just about says it all.

Certified bruh moment

I'm glad he didn't do a Patrick Karnezis comparison, he was our new shiny toy for a while .
I still remember vossy not picking him the following year, aledgedly because he was on the move , but maybe Vossy new more than me and realized if Patrick ever had his hair cut he would become a shadow of his former self.
The rest is history.

I liked Marco, but don't think he ever looked to have the talent of what Logan has shown, and always projected as a tall winger not a key forward.

I’m sorry to be a Debbie Downer here, but this is exactly the sort of game we usually lose. Coming in hot favourites, against a wounded team who have been pilloried in the media.

I am not confident.

It was only two weeks ago that we put in a pretty ordinary effort against St Kilda.

I don’t think our effort against st Kilda was bad, they just… didn’t play like St Kilda. 2 years of Ross ball and suddenly they come out all guns blazing; came out of nowhere

I liked Marco, but don't think he ever looked to have the talent of what Logan has shown, and always projected as a tall winger not a key forward.
Marco always seemed to work his ass off but never really had the talent imo.

Morris is a natural footballer that’s just seems to know where his teammates are at all times and instinctively gives it off to them unless he is in a better position himself.
Also he is a solid set shot and a good contested mark and with a couple more preseasons and some more body strength he could be anything.

Bailey Fritsch is a ball hog and burns his teammates time and time again.
He may be a good set shot for goal but that is about all he has got.

lol no they don't. The Melbourne board is just full of 3 trolls repeating the same nonsense. So are you a bit embarrassed to know that Fritsch has averaged more goals the last 4 years. And Cameron is a very good player.

lol Morris is Paparone take 2. A superstar after 7 games averaging 7 possessions and kicking regular goals from 30m out directly in front....

To be honest only true lions supporters would even remember who Marco Paparone is. Danny you don’t have to hide it anymore, you’re one of us.

I believe Logan is going for the lions record of most consecutive games from debut with a goal this weekend.
Overtaking unbelievably Patrick Karnezis lol

Well Moniz-wakefield is debuting. He had 35 possessions in the VFL last week. Who knows, he could be the sub though.

Other than that, it'll be a very young team. The most 23 and Unders in the competition last weekend and probably the same this week.
I will keep an eye out for the boy. Also interested to see how the young fella Tholstrop goes.

He debuted against the Lions and had one of the most selfish plays I have seen from a debutant. Marked it 55 out and had options everywhere but decided to go back and take a miracle shot.

Let’s hope Goody has worked on him building a team first mentality

lol no they don't. The Melbourne board is just full of 3 trolls repeating the same nonsense. So are you a bit embarrassed to know that Fritsch has averaged more goals the last 4 years. And Cameron is a very good player.

lol Morris is Paparone take 2. A superstar after 7 games averaging 7 possessions and kicking regular goals from 30m out directly in front....
For what it’s worth, I think Fritsch is very good footballer, and an excellent third tall forward. If he had some solid tall forward support at Melbourne, he’d be terrifying.

However… I still love our Logan. ❤️

In fact I love all our players… Morris Logan, Fletcher Jasper, Cameron Charlie, Andrew Harris, Neale Lachlan and of course, Cole Kadein. 😂

Can I for one say I’m very disappointed in whoever it was that invited this goose to come and make shit uninformed moronic comments about our team and players on our board. I try and avoid the absolute verbal diarrhoea he spits out all the time on other boards and now have to read it on here. Can whoever invited their friend nobody likes to the party tell him to leave because no body else want him here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I for one say I’m very disappointed in whoever it was that invited this goose to come and make shit uninformed moronic comments about our team and players on our board. I try and avoid the absolute verbal diarrhoea he spits out all the time on other boards and now have to read it on here. Can whoever invited their friend nobody likes to the party tell him to leave because no body else want him here.

BRAB and Nunez you heard him, please leave.

Fritsch vs Morris.

Honestly who gives a tinkers cuss. Illogical comparison at this stage. Might turn out to be at any stage.

Marco always seemed to work his ass off but never really had the talent imo.

Morris is a natural footballer that’s just seems to know where his teammates are at all times and instinctively gives it off to them unless he is in a better position himself.
Also he is a solid set shot and a good contested mark and with a couple more preseasons and some more body strength he could be anything.

Bailey Fritsch is a ball hog and burns his teammates time and time again.
He may be a good set shot for goal but that is about all he has got.

Hey hey Fritsch has other things going for him too; like being classed as a dangerous flammable object due to the amount of hair product he uses

The rest is history.
I can sort of recall a stand out game that a lot of players that played that 30-80 odd games such as Cornelius, Collier, Hawking, Austin etc, but I genuinely can’t recall a stand out Paparone game. Young Logan to my eyes already has many stand out qualities that says he will most very be a long termer unlike many of the names I recall.

I’m sorry to be a Debbie Downer here, but this is exactly the sort of game we usually lose. Coming in hot favourites, against a wounded team who have been pilloried in the media.

I am not confident.

It was only two weeks ago that we put in a pretty ordinary effort against St Kilda.
It’s not being a ‘Debbie Downer’ at all as Melbourne and St Kilda are two entirely different teams in regards to quality. It has been interesting to see us do so well travelling away and Port put in an absolute shocker so let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves here. In saying that the Dees V Lions rivalry IMO is real amongst the playing groups so both will come out hot. I just think because of that different mentality we will be up and about. It also looked like last week that there was a definite call to enjoy their footy as their goal celebrations were more than usual. I reckon it’ll be close early a bit back and forth scoring wise and then in the third we will pull away.

Specifically which points can you possibly disagree with?

You can disagree but they're not uninformed. I reckon I had most bris fans googling Aaron Cornelius. Except for Elixuh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back