Preview Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons - Friday, 28 June 2024, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If both Morris and Fritsch were available for trade, Morris would get a higher pick xoxo
haha, Nunez. Stop kidding yourself. Morris was pick 31 correct? And he has shown maybe to be about pick 25. Fritsch is a star of the comp and still relatively young. He'd be a mid first rounder and a 2nd rounder to a contending team. His performances speak for themself. Probably the best kick for goal in the comp too.

Charlie Cameron the last 4 years: 189 goals, 89 games. Average of 2.12 goals per game.
Fritsch the last 4 years: 180 goals, 79 games. Average of 2.27 goals per game
Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Game, Set, Match Danster. :0

Charlie Cameron the last 4 years: 189 goals, 89 games. Average of 2.12 goals per game.
Fritsch the last 4 years: 180 goals, 79 games. Average of 2.27 goals per game
Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Game, Set, Match Danster. :0

What is banana fritters goal song though?

Elixuh

Your preview was extremely Brisbane centric and showed far too much smugness for a team that is currently 10th. I had a look at who Brisbane have beaten and it's been Port, Stkilda, Dogs. Pretty average teams. Sure, the bulldogs are okay but even the dees handled them. Then previously lost to the Hawks. Both teams are as irrelevant in season 2024.

Will Ashcroft will be hopefully making his long awaited return and it will be interesting to see how long into the game it takes for him to earn one of his patented ducking frees that he typically does. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the biggest duckers in the game and to be one so early in his career is Jack Ginnivan levels.

Comparing Logan Morris, a 7 game first year player who couldn't crack into a team that was 13th to a guy like Fritsch who was kicking 6 in granny's, making AA squads and kicking 50 goals a season for fun is extremely disrespectful. And delusional. Morris has had a good start to his career. As did Marco Paparone.

You label Logan Morris as 'an absolute gun'. That sort of language is embarrassing. He is a Jacob Van Rooyen but shorter and much less physical presence.

The dees fans are fully aware of the grubbery of the lions team. Zorko with his tantrums with Touk Miller as well as mocking of Petty. Then throw in Clayton Oliver pinning Jarrod Berry down like a little child before Berry starts eye gouging him. Then throw in Noah Answerth carrying on like he's actually a good AFL player. like dude, you haven't earned the right to trash talk. You're a scrub.

Now onto the dees. We're definitely a mess. No Petracca, Oliver's fall from grace well documented, No Brayshaw, hell even losing Jackson has had long lasting effects. Throw in the loss of Mac Andrew who should be a demon is a justifiable gripe that dees fans have with the AFL. Losing Joel Smith to the drug scandal has all hurt us. He wasn't a world beater but he kicked the most goals for us in the finals last season. It's his own wrong doing though.

This is a battle of a club most gifted by the afl with father-sons versus a team arguably the most disadvantaged by the father/son and academy rules.

Brisbane are clearly still thinking that they're relevant this season. Sitting in 10th and humming along because they beat some out of form teams. The dees on the other hand are blooding the kids, with one eye on next season.

The dees battle will be in stopping the Brisbane tall forwards as well as dangerous smalls. May will probably blanket whoever he is on, but if Oliver is slacking off yet again then the midfield entries inside 50 may simply be too easy. McVee will blanket one of the Brisbane smalls. Neal-Bullen could go to Lachie Neale, but even when Neale gets tagged he floats to the half backline and gets cheapies to inflate his stats. I'm not worried about Lachie Neale.

I do predict this to be a landslide victory for Brisbane but this will be more a reflection of the dees than the lions. The dees are lost at sea. When WCE beat the dees, the WCE fans were strangely up and about. Despite warning them that the story is more about the dees being bad, they chose not to listen and they lost to Adelaide by 100 the following week. The Lions forwards should all get their lick of the ice-cream and I expect the margin to be 50+.

I expect the umpires to get sucked into Ashcroft ducking which along with the noise of affirmation will cost the dees a couple of goals.

The dees will be putting their match preparation into Neale, C.Cameron, Zac Bailey and Daniher/Hipwood with the latter often playing out of his skin against us. Rayner won't even be mentioned, and either will Logan Morris. Guess who Logan Morris played on last week, debutant Ari Schoenmaker. Just about says it all.
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

I just read the preview thread on the Dee’s board, with all the fat jokes and personal insults it’s hard to see why they wouldn’t want people posting negatively, the whole board appears extremely negative and the insults are beyond normal footy analysis. Danster I stand with you on this one
Appreciate that Happy Neale. I totally agree. I feel like Julian Assange, much more freedom on here. :)

I had a sneaky look at the forum and it's just the same usual people posting dribble. More negative about the team than even me :)

Jokes aside, there's is no forum in the entire world that has analysed the career of Cam Rayner like this one. I reckon I could speak at his wedding :)

Elixuh

Your preview was extremely Brisbane centric and showed far too much smugness for a team that is currently 10th. I had a look at who Brisbane have beaten and it's been Port, Stkilda, Dogs. Pretty average teams. Sure, the bulldogs are okay but even the dees handled them. Then previously lost to the Hawks. Both teams are as irrelevant in season 2024.

Will Ashcroft will be hopefully making his long awaited return and it will be interesting to see how long into the game it takes for him to earn one of his patented ducking frees that he typically does. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the biggest duckers in the game and to be one so early in his career is Jack Ginnivan levels.

Comparing Logan Morris, a 7 game first year player who couldn't crack into a team that was 13th to a guy like Fritsch who was kicking 6 in granny's, making AA squads and kicking 50 goals a season for fun is extremely disrespectful. And delusional. Morris has had a good start to his career. As did Marco Paparone.

You label Logan Morris as 'an absolute gun'. That sort of language is embarrassing. He is a Jacob Van Rooyen but shorter and much less physical presence.

The dees fans are fully aware of the grubbery of the lions team. Zorko with his tantrums with Touk Miller as well as mocking of Petty. Then throw in Clayton Oliver pinning Jarrod Berry down like a little child before Berry starts eye gouging him. Then throw in Noah Answerth carrying on like he's actually a good AFL player. like dude, you haven't earned the right to trash talk. You're a scrub.

Now onto the dees. We're definitely a mess. No Petracca, Oliver's fall from grace well documented, No Brayshaw, hell even losing Jackson has had long lasting effects. Throw in the loss of Mac Andrew who should be a demon is a justifiable gripe that dees fans have with the AFL. Losing Joel Smith to the drug scandal has all hurt us. He wasn't a world beater but he kicked the most goals for us in the finals last season. It's his own wrong doing though.

This is a battle of a club most gifted by the afl with father-sons versus a team arguably the most disadvantaged by the father/son and academy rules.

Brisbane are clearly still thinking that they're relevant this season. Sitting in 10th and humming along because they beat some out of form teams. The dees on the other hand are blooding the kids, with one eye on next season.

The dees battle will be in stopping the Brisbane tall forwards as well as dangerous smalls. May will probably blanket whoever he is on, but if Oliver is slacking off yet again then the midfield entries inside 50 may simply be too easy. McVee will blanket one of the Brisbane smalls. Neal-Bullen could go to Lachie Neale, but even when Neale gets tagged he floats to the half backline and gets cheapies to inflate his stats. I'm not worried about Lachie Neale.

I do predict this to be a landslide victory for Brisbane but this will be more a reflection of the dees than the lions. The dees are lost at sea. When WCE beat the dees, the WCE fans were strangely up and about. Despite warning them that the story is more about the dees being bad, they chose not to listen and they lost to Adelaide by 100 the following week. The Lions forwards should all get their lick of the ice-cream and I expect the margin to be 50+.

I expect the umpires to get sucked into Ashcroft ducking which along with the noise of affirmation will cost the dees a couple of goals.

The dees will be putting their match preparation into Neale, C.Cameron, Zac Bailey and Daniher/Hipwood with the latter often playing out of his skin against us. Rayner won't even be mentioned, and either will Logan Morris. Guess who Logan Morris played on last week, debutant Ari Schoenmaker. Just about says it all.
The Morris and Paparone comparisons had me.

Appreciate that Happy Neale. I totally agree. I feel like Julian Assange, much more freedom on here. :)

I had a sneaky look at the forum and it's just the same usual people posting dribble. More negative about the team than even me :)

Jokes aside, there's is no forum in the entire world that has analysed the career of Cam Rayner like this one. I reckon I could speak at his wedding :)
First god, now Julian Assange, who next, Mahatma Gandhi?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be fine guys.

Just don’t kick it to Max Gawn and play 4 quarters of high intensity football and it’s a easy W.

danster168 is there any young players we should be keeping an eye out for the demons this week? Any diamonds in the rough being unearthed?

Unless any of you posters/ or posers are inside, club Will decide, excuse the pun, on side makeup!
Been so many over exaggeration’s and personal opinions on dropping players and the coach, let’s respect what inside knows, rather than posting social assumptions!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
side-eyeing-chloe-chloe.gif

The entire Melbourne board wants him dropped that says it all. Barely Avritch is a fringe player. And everyone can see that Morris will be a super star :moustache:
lol no they don't. The Melbourne board is just full of 3 trolls repeating the same nonsense. So are you a bit embarrassed to know that Fritsch has averaged more goals the last 4 years. And Cameron is a very good player.

lol Morris is Paparone take 2. A superstar after 7 games averaging 7 possessions and kicking regular goals from 30m out directly in front....

We should be fine guys.

Just don’t kick it to Max Gawn and play 4 quarters of high intensity football and it’s a easy W.

danster168 is there any young players we should be keeping an eye out for the demons this week? Any diamonds in the rough being unearthed?
Well Moniz-wakefield is debuting. He had 35 possessions in the VFL last week. Who knows, he could be the sub though.

Other than that, it'll be a very young team. The most 23 and Unders in the competition last weekend and probably the same this week.

Now do career averages
Fritsch played half back earlier on in his career.

Oh wow. Look what I just found. So now Logan Morris is better than Daniher, Cameron and Hipwood. Amazing for a 7 gamer with 7 possessions per game and receiver of dodgy 50m calls. :)

Fritsch is the best goal kicker out of the Brisbane entire team. I'm not surprised as Fritta is elite and one of the best medium forwards in the game. But step aside Daniher and Hipwood, clear the 50m, Charlie crumb at his feet boy, and Rayner plod off elsewhere, Fritta is the top dog.

The last 4 years:
Fritsch the last 4 years: 180 goals, 79 games. Average of 2.27 goals per game (Avg 3 goals in his last 6 vs the lions)
Joe Daniher: 176 Goals, 83 Games, 2.12 Goals per game
Eric Hipwood: 116 Goals, 72 games, 1.61 Goals per game.
Zac Bailey, 107 Goals, 81 Goals, 1.32 Goals per game

Nathan Barley
Logan Morris will have to pass all of Brisbane's forwards then if he's to surpass the Fritsch magnet.

fritta.jpeg

The Morris and Paparone comparisons had me.
I'm glad he didn't do a Patrick Karnezis comparison, he was our new shiny toy for a while .
I still remember vossy not picking him the following year, aledgedly because he was on the move , but maybe Vossy new more than me and realized if Patrick ever had his hair cut he would become a shadow of his former self.
The rest is history.
but yeah , how good did Paps look early on.
I think he cut his hair , hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back