Boxing Day Test: Australia v India @ MCG (Mon - Fri) *Part 2*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty boring stuff ATM. Ironic thing is if the Aussies were batting we would be seeing wickets tumbling.

The last time he bowled in a first class game he bowled to an unbeaten 282 partnership on a pitch a lot of NSW batsman struggled to score.

He's not yet consistent enough for test cricket.
Time before he got 8 wickets? He's actually bowled pretty well though most of the season. Better option than some of the crap we've been putting in the team. Almost feel we're chucking pies against a brick wall. Not as if debutantes haven't done a job when brought in. Like something in there to provide some hope not 2 blokes, when bowled together, that have been involved in some of our worst bowling efforts.

Admittedly I was booing Ponting at last years Boxing Day Test, but that was because of his bowling choices and field placements. They even had a standard leg spinners field set up in the museum underneath the stands if he wanted a reference point.

Hilf is so average, my goodness. And as I said, after his first 2 overs, he gets zero swing. Awesome.

Has anyone ever wanted to give JOSH HAZLEWOOD a go?

He was said to be the next Glen Mcgrath at one stage

Hes fit and firing for NSW, I cant understand why he's not getting a game

Time before he got 8 wickets? He's actually bowled pretty well though most of the season. Better option than some of the crap we've been putting in the team. Almost feel we're chucking pies against a brick wall. Not as if debutantes haven't done a job when brought in. Like something in there to provide some hope not 2 blokes, when bowled together, that have been involved in some of our worst bowling efforts.

Have no problem with debutants who are ready. I was fine with having Cummins play after the shield final. Was fine with Pattinson getting a run but Starc wasnt ready and it showed. Nor is Hazelwood yet.

If your looking for an alternative it could be Hogan from WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, not just the Indian supporters booing Ponting

Could clearly hear some boos from the crowd for Tendulkar as well

Has anyone ever wanted to give JOSH HAZLEWOOD a go?

He was said to be the next Glen Mcgrath at one stage

We can't have that. Remember Clark? He tried that metronomic line and length and CA spanked him for it and told him to go back to Shield and work on his "attacking" bowling.

And neither of then had a clue against him....

Redardless of this series Lyon has a massive future

Yeah I think he does too, but I'm interested to see if he troubles the Indian bats at all.

They play spin so well.

The biggest problem is the Indian batting line-up is dominated by right handers. It isn't an ideal team to play an off-spinner against due to that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back