Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will be an outstanding result to walk away from this off season with pick 3, the Campo boys and a slew of off field changes (CEO, head of high performance).
Bring in junior 1AW in a couple of years and it should be some good young talent coming through the Tassie concession years.

Now we just desperately need to nail the pick. More C. Judd than P. Dow at Pick 3 please.

If you had asked me at the beginning of trade period if I thought

Out:

Pick 12, Future First, Future 2nd, Owies

In:

Pick 3, Bris Future 2nd

Would happen.

I would have thought no way

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Missing 34 but I guess it was likely to be absorbed in a Campo bid

Ok draft experts pls help me.

Happy to get 3, no probs, so just curious as to how we get Cody next year after trading a F1 and F2 this year? He’s supposed to be top 5, still plenty of points needed. Can we trade out our F1 next year too?

If appears some very good free agents around next year, so our philosophy is to target them in 2025 instead of the draft? Correct?

Cody is the year after.

We've kept Brisbane's future second.

2025 is Ison and Gresham as NGA picks - reckon Ison could be later first or anywhere in the second round, Gresham could be a rookie given his size.

2026 is Cody, but by that stage you'd think pick trading 2 years in advance will be on the table, so we'll have plenty of options to set ourselves up to comfortably match a bid.

So we wouldn’t trade two first rounders (be it pick 12 + 14 or our F1 when we still had it) for Houston (ready made player while in our window) but then we do trade them + more/players for pick 3 (unknown quantity, could very well be another Paddy Dow)

Doesn’t really feel like we “smashed it out of the park” as being suggested here.

What am I missing??

Last edited:
I can see 68 and 63 being packaged with Kennedy for hopefully a good pick upgrade or two. Finger's crossed.

Picks only have real value for teams needing points for 2nd-3rd rounder bid matching.

You know.... like us? :p

Seems like many are pleased if we get 3 and lose 12 14 and Owies.
To me that seems like us being done over.

Feel free to try and convince me otherwise.

So you're seeing us being happy with the deal. Go and look at West Coast's board reaction and how angry they are.
How much more convincing do you need?

So we wouldn’t trade two first rounders (be it pick 12 + 14 or our F1 when we still had it) for Houston (ready made player hole in our window) but then we do trade them + more/players for pick 3 (unknown quantity, could very well be another Paddy Dow)

Doesn’t really feel like we “smashed it out of the park” as being suggested here.

What am I missing??
To me it’s becoming obvious we are trying to free up cap space … every move seems to based around this imo …

Seems like many are pleased if we get 3 and lose 12 14 and Owies.
To me that seems like us being done over.

Feel free to try and convince me otherwise.
Need to remember after bids being matched most likely will end up being 15 and 17 on draft night. Need to factor in Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako bids.

Ok draft experts pls help me.

Happy to get 3, no probs, so just curious as to how we get Cody next year after trading a F1 and F2 this year? He’s supposed to be top 5, still plenty of points needed. Can we trade out our F1 next year too?

If appears some very good free agents around next year, so our philosophy is to target them in 2025 instead of the draft? Correct?
Year after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So without a current second-rounder (at present), we basically rate Lucas Campo a second-rounder anyway, and Ben a third-rounder?

Effectively?

Ben a second to early third

Lucas late/rookie

Tonight's powerball is 12...

Peeps, I am really upset about losing Matt Owies. Mostly because I will miss his ridiculously over-the-top goal celebrations.

Who else will go off like a two-bob watch when kicking a goal when the margin is 67 points?!?

Thought he would have been a shoe in for the Hawks

Picks only have real value for teams needing points for 2nd-3rd rounder bid matching.

You know.... like us? :p
Now we need to try and turn Kennedy and/or Carroll and late picks into a Pick before the bid for Ben Camporeale!

Get the feeling it may be something like Kennedy and 68 to say Essendon for 40. 40 and Carroll to Freo for 30. No idea what teams may be involved but just a hypothetical.

Getting pick 3 for 12, 14 and a player we were going to delist anyway is unbelievable to me.

Normally when clubs talk about putting their top 3 pick up for trade you're talking about a pick from 6-9 and another first rounder as a starting point, to get it for 2 mid-late first rounders and steak knives is crazy.

Really excited about this one, the top 5, and more specifically top 3, is where you get the real cream of the crop. Yes you can find gems anywhere but the game changers are normally at the pointy end, and in a fairly dramatic change from the normal the kid isn't going to one of the worst clubs in the land, he's going to a club with established finals players and AAs all around him. Development won't be "we need you to impact right away", it'll simply be "we would really like you to add something to the team, but we won't rely on you week in, week out", and that's quite a dramatic difference to an 18 yr old. See how Ashcroft, Daicos or Gulden were able to just hit the ground running without the pressure of being the saviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back