Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

You get it!

Will be amazed if we are doing anything but using the pick in the draft. Port have been strong on more than a first rounder, we have traded out our other draft capital, and trade capital. Suspect we acquire some chump change in trade to match Campos now, and an outside chance we fiddle with a first rounder for a couple of seconds.

Yep. i think we take 12 & 14 to the draft, or maybe trade one of them to Swannies for 19 & 22. Apparently they were open to do that for GC's 13.

That might be ideal for us if we have an eye on one of the handful of KPD's around that 20 mark.

I love our hand now. Also with offloading the pesky 34 that was in the Ben Campo hitting area.:thumbsu:

Everyone will have a preference. I'd prefer we keep 12 and 14 and not get Houston - not that Houston wouldn't be a great get (very good user of the ball). Still more to play out, though, is my guess. And loving Austin's style. Negotiations aren't done with media pressure. Smooth operator...

This is Port's current midfield group:

Boak should have retired, Wines very much slowing down....

Would they take Carroll or Kennedy?

View attachment 2138071

Or their small to medium forwards:

Would Owies fit in there? Not a lot there after Rioli....

View attachment 2138075

14 + player = Houston?

Carroll, Kennedy and Owies are all effectively worth 3rd rounders.

That's the reality.

So 14 + 3rd rounder, not going to get it done.

I doubt 14 is for Houston. We haven't done well enough out of either of those 2 trades to have enough currency for him. Would need to be 14 + something. We no longer have any options for the +.

F3 must be on the table for campo points. Was hoping we'd get something back to use in the 2 trades we've done.
Maybe. We've got 69, 72 and 73, which are currently worth bugger all. But if there are like 10 academy/father-son/NGA kids getting bid-matched before Ben's name is called, those picks could easily come in 10-15 spots each. 10 spots would cover us for a bid on Ben in the early third round, 15 spots would cover a bid in the late 20s.

Last edited:
If a bid for Ben Campo comes at 30 it will cost us the approx points value of pick 35 or 2 picks around 50. If the bid comes at 35 just move those picks back by 5 or so.

But we'll need an extra open list spot to carry multiple 50s picks into the draft to match him. It'll be easier to grab a few 50s picks then 1 in the 30s so I expect us to go that way.

Either by delisting an extra player then picking them as a rookie or by using Boyd's list spot (we'll need to go into the draft with a spot for him but can use our last pick).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a bid for Ben Campo comes at 30 it will cost us the approx points value of pick 35 or 2 picks around 50. If the bid comes at 35 just move those picks back by 5 or so.

But we'll need an extra open list spot to carry multiple 50s picks into the draft to match him. It'll be easier to grab a few 50s picks then 1 in the 30s so I expect us to go that way.

Either by delisting an extra player then picking them as a rookie or by using Boyd's list spot (we'll need to go into the draft with a spot for him but can use our last pick).

I guess we could also just go into next year's draft at a deficit. Our 2nd rounder is already going to be so late, who cares if it's pushed back a bit further.

DBJ is very, very good - I know the stats don’t say as much but I realllllly rate him as a forward
Won them a couple of games in tight moments late IIRC too, so for all his flaws he's more than handy. Bit like our Acres I spose.

MK and MO both worth mid to late 2nds imo.
You would think. Kennedy in particular is a puzzling one on lack of interest. We know he can boss it in the midfield given a chance. He's also quite versatile, can take a mark, good shot at goal.

Only issues are the KMs he can run and pace really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back