Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

One rarely gets on the park. The other is 32 from what I read earlier and he’ll get the midfield inside role he craves. Plus he can go forward and get to play every week.
Hopper is 27 and Taranto is 26. Both have another 5 years on their contracts at about $850k and I can't see anyone ever taking over those contacts. Hopper can only play on ball and Taranto would prefer to. Tigers will probably draft two mids with top 6 picks and be looking to get games into them early.

I could see Matty K getting less on ball time with the Tigers than he would with us.

Owies let go and Sam Durdin and Orazio Fantasia remain on the list ridiculous list management.
Fantasia is contracted for 1 more year we’re just stuck with him, whom was the genius that thought he could contribute to the team.

Sam Durdin is only there as back up if we trade Young and don't get anyone else. I undertsand it, but hopefully we add to our KPD position

Fantasia is depth, and does a great job linking with midfield and applying pressure alongside being able to crumb a goal. I don't think we expected him to play as many games as he did this season.

The expectation was that he would be injury cover and be an important mentor for Moir and others in the VFL.

Kennedy was delisted in 2020 and moved to the Rookie List.
You're right, I forgot about this! But that was a list strategy manoeuvre, and he was never going to be let go.

I wish we'd gone earlier on some of these players I've called out over the journey, too many players of middling output.

Hopper is 27 and Taranto is 26. Both have another 5 years on their contracts at about $850k and I can't see anyone ever taking over those contacts. Hopper can only play on ball and Taranto would prefer to. Tigers will probably draft two mids with top 6 picks and be looking to get games into them early.

I could see Matty K getting less on ball time with the Tigers than he would with us.
They have Hopper playing on ball. Taranto wants to. Prestia ? Is he going around again ?
Who else ?
Not being a smart arse cos I don’t actually know.
Tigers are drafting half a dozen kids coming up.
Kennedy would nearly be captain next season.

Last edited:
You're right, I forgot about this! But that was a list strategy manoeuvre, and he was never going to be let go.
Kennedy could have been picked up at any time, see Greenwood

I wish we'd gone earlier on some of these players I've called out over the journey, too many players of middling output.

You would have delisted Newman for Williamson

It may still play out that Durdin goes and Owies stays, but he's going to see less opportunities as a forward in the senior side and I'm not sure where else he can play.

If he stays this year, he's probably going the next, but if he's asking for too much money then he goes immediately. Clubs are probably trying to shake him out, then bringing him in as senior depth.

Fantasia is depth, and does a great job linking with midfield and applying pressure alongside being able to crumb a goal. I don't think we expected him to play as many games as he did this season.
Surely time playing in the 1s is based on output and he has first dibs presently (if he remains with us).

[/QUOTE]
Macrae has a large contract doesn't he? Fairly sure that is effectively a salary dump and not market value. Kennedy would be on a cheap or reasonable contract and is contracted and a lot younger than Macrae. Should be worth a 2nd Rounder at least.

Comparable to the return for ANB I would have thought, although MK is a year younger.

Just nominate us if you're at all serious Dan. We may or may not pull it off, but hate this being up in the air. Plenty of others had no trouble nominating even before the season had fully ended.

More on pick 13 and Houston here:

Makes it sound like GCS are now waiting for Houston to nominate a club and they will then deal with that club for 13. That club seriously fry my brain - why are they at all concerned with Houston.
Because they are a feeder club for the other 17 clubs to improve their lists. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see a point in delaying the start to a Wednesday, the first 2 days are going to be the same, except deals can't be done.
But they shouldn't need the last 2 days to get deals done.
Start on the Monday, weekend to sort it out, finish on the Monday.

Clubs are talking throughout the year, increases back end of the year

Makes it sound like GCS are now waiting for Houston to nominate a club and they will then deal with that club for 13. That club seriously fries my brain - why are they at all concerned with Houston.
They think they can squeeze more out of a trade that way, and frankly they might be right.

Remember that Port are trying to acquire Lukosius.
Surely time playing in the 1s is based on output and he has first dibs presently (if he remains with us).
I think Motlop and Williams will displace him fully this year, and that's without bringing someone in.

Sounds like GC are happy with either deal, ours or Pies

Now, it will be what Port think before Houston nominates
If I was a GCS fan I would be seething. Shouldn't they just be trying to get the best deal for their club? Why are they concerned about helping whatever team Houston wants to go to?

Makes it sound like GCS are now waiting for Houston to nominate a club and they will then deal with that club for 13. That club seriously fries my brain - why are they at all concerned with Houston.
Suspect they understand our offer is better but they really want Noble. So if they know Houston only wants us, they trade in good faith even though they know our deal is better. Then they don’t look like the bad guy to Collingwood when sorting a deal for Noble

I'd rather put Mots behind the ball.

Agree with you on his level of output, but he's never been delisted. Dunkley is the closest skill set, but he's also a lot more physically strong at the same level of pace.

Kennedy was overrated in his draft year, and the complications of his broken leg in that period seem to have hampered his opportunity to really push his body to a level of performance befitting that rarating.
Don't mind this suggestion re: Motlop. Would be good for his development and gets him into the game.

Actually don’t mind GCS forcing the issue with Houston. I also think he should nominate and stop all this piss-farting around.

Port can also come out and say that they’ll take Pick 13 provided it comes with another first round pick from this year’s draft, which we have but won’t trade, and which the Pies don’t have. But, if Houston has at least nominated then whatever Port wants they will only have one club to deal with.

I hope Dan Houston the player isn’t as passive as Dan Houston in the trade period. Can’t he just nominate a club already. 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back