Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

I'd say the majority of humans stay in the general area of where they're born wouldn't they?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think that's more prominent in Australia than most other western nations tbf.

The US seem to be very willing to move for work/study. Most kids going to college move interstate or at least intertown. Australians seem very hesitant to move by comparison. Just anecdotally in a sports context the amount of homesick kids in the AFL compared to any sport in the US is hilarious. Then also compare it to soccer where kids move inter-country just to be part of clubs youth academies and continue playing country to country in their careers with relatively few moving home because they miss it.

I know I've used a broad anecdote and not facts but I think Australians in particular have an attachment to a city or area more than other countries.

Ban lifted 😁

Heard Clarkson's 5 year deal with the Roos comes with a relocation to Hobart, becoming Tasmania's team from 2025. The AFL has decided 19 teams is not going to work. Roos will get additional salary cap and priority picks as part of the move.

That is a move that really does not understand the AFL landscape in Tas.

Ban lifted 😁

Heard Clarkson's 5 year deal with the Roos comes with a relocation to Hobart, becoming Tasmania's team from 2025. The AFL has decided 19 teams is not going to work. Roos will get additional salary cap and priority picks as part of the move.

Tassie gov have said loudly and repeatedly that they want their own team, not a relocated one.

All these Victorians holiday in Queensland, then go back to their shitty lives freezing in the Melbourne rust belt dreaming of the next time they can escape the boredom of living in the arse end of the country. I grew up in Melbourne and have lived in 4 different states and spent a fair bit of time everywhere in the country. If I was an AFL player and had the choice, I'd be playing for the Suns - Living in Melbourne would clearly be the last option.

The truth is we come back thinking “Nice climate and scenery but I could never live there.” Examples:

A pretty significant percentage aren’t vaxxed

It’s kind of acceptable to like Pauline Hanson and Clive Palmer

All the shops and infrastructure look new and cheap, like they could blow down next hurricane or float away next flood

Lots of stormy, crappy, violent weather episodes. Like 3 per week.

Tonnes of old people who carry on like Jesus just turned up at their picnic. In reality they do the same 4 things every day. Yawn.

I could go on. In summary, Melbourne rocks, and anywhere permanently considered “paradise” really sucks, but is nice to visit to escape the 3 months per year called winter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The truth is we come back thinking “Nice climate and scenery but I could never live there.” Examples:

A pretty significant percentage aren’t vaxxed

It’s kind of acceptable to like Pauline Hanson and Clive Palmer

All the shops and infrastructure look new and cheap, like they could blow down next hurricane or float away next flood

Lots of stormy, crappy, violent weather episodes. Like 3 per week.

Tonnes of old people who carry on like Jesus just turned up at their picnic. In reality they do the same 4 things every day. Yawn.

I could go on. In summary, Melbourne rocks, and anywhere permanently considered “paradise” really sucks, but is nice to visit to escape the 3 months per year called winter.

All the more reason to live there.

Which out of contract player is looking for a new club in another state due to cheating on their partner earlier this season ?
Excuse to go home? Infidelity is rife in all society, I can only imagine it is more prevalent amongst athletes because they are generally more attractive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the “world”. I would bet my hot water bottle that this person has been overseas three times for a total of 10 weeks. And I reckon I’m being super generous there.

Harsh.

Anybody who reckons that they live in the best place in the world has simply adapted to their environment. They’ve adapted themselves so that their environment provides them all the things they need and want: love, joy, a sense of purpose, the means to sustain themselves and their loved ones, and all the way up Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.

And that can happen in a lot of places.

Palm Beach too !

Oohh. One of those in Sydney i see

The etymology of “Gee, what shall we call this beach with palm trees on it?” Is a tad different to “This joint reminds me of Miami”

All these Victorians holiday in Queensland, then go back to their shitty lives freezing in the Melbourne rust belt dreaming of the next time they can escape the boredom of living in the arse end of the country. I grew up in Melbourne and have lived in 4 different states and spent a fair bit of time everywhere in the country. If I was an AFL player and had the choice, I'd be playing for the Suns - Living in Melbourne would clearly be the last option.
Lel Melbourne is the best, not its fault you're a bogan.

I mean there's living in Melbourne and living in Melbourne. I'm sure if I was living in say, South Morang and spending an hour and a half each way commuting to some soulless business park then I'd class "living in Melbourne" as a shithole. But I don't. I live in a beachside suburb that's technically walking distance from the CBD's entertainment, where I also work. So I'm pretty happy.

My Latrobe Valley dwelling relatives are always at me to "go on holiday" like they do. I ask them what they do all that time up in Queensland. "Go for walks along the beach. Have a coffee in a nice café and watch the water. Go for dinner in a nice restaurant." I tell them, that's what I do too, except I call it "Saturday". :shrug:

I get them doing it. Latrobe Valley is a proper shithole.

I'm sure there are parts of the Gold Coast that are properly brilliant to live. Not everything is Surfer's Paradise. Although I should point out I haven't visited there for probably 20 years. I remember Miami. That was where Magic Mountain was (is?). They had one of those big wave swings that swung out over the cliffs. Poor man's Dreamworld.

Anyway, I'm happy that our Gold Coast dwelling compatriots are happy with their lot. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I tell them, that's what I do too, except I call it "Saturday"
The New Adventures Of Gilligan Rain GIF by Warner Archive

VS

Day Sunshine GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back