Oppo Camp bassett joins port

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh suddenly a Port supporter thinks Bassett is quality. Just like Walsh was crap as soon as he went to the crows.
Actually credit due where it's due, i've always liked Bassett, what he did at Norwood and the players that then went on to the AFL was outstanding. Walsh was good at the Crows and Port, nothing more to it, just don't understand why lots of Crows people don't rate him, tbh most Crows I know who know a thing or two about footy al rate him highly.

Actually credit due where it's due, i've always liked Bassett, what he did at Norwood and the players that then went on to the AFL was outstanding. Walsh was good at the Crows and Port, nothing more to it, just don't understand why lots of Crows people don't rate him, tbh most Crows I know who know a thing or two about footy al rate him highly.

From all i have heard and read he is rated highly, expect backlash he is an ex-crow :p

Great news for Nathan... Working with Hinkley is going to be great for his coaching development..

Not sure how the Port boys will take him. He is a different cat.. They couldn't handle Rehn, good luck with Nathan lol

Didn't Bassett once say something about how "one club" was a load of crap? Could have been while he was at Norwood though, but I forgot.

They're wrong or they are norwood supporters.

Great news for Nathan... Working with Hinkley is going to be great for his coaching development..

Not sure how the Port boys will take him. He is a different cat.. They couldn't handle Rehn, good luck with Nathan lol
Well Choco lasted a while and he was pretty pig headed.... I'm sure they have done their homework.

Not sure how any Crows supporter could dislike Bassett.

Has there ever been a more passionate Crows player?

Best of luck to him. Hope he learns enough to come back home as a head coach when the time is right :p
Has nothing to do with not liking Bassett as a player. In fact I loved him as a player, even with his short comings. And I agree, best of luck to him. Sometimes pedestals grow from urban myth, and The Bass's rep as a weird cat with a couple of SANFL flags has burgeoned like Ken's did, and like Brian's did in 'the life of Brian'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe this is part of a succession plan. Bassett to hone his craft at Port Adelaide, and we'll poach him when we're ready for a new coach :)

I'm kidding, for any Power supporters out there who just spat out their Jim Beam and coke.

I believe this is part of a succession plan. Bassett to hone his craft at Port Adelaide, and we'll poach him when we're ready for a new coach :)

I'm kidding, for any Power supporters out there who just spat out their Jim Beam and coke.
This is a different situation and will be expected. Bassett clearly wants to be a head coach someday, if he does well at Port he will be (anywhere), it's win/win. Richardson and Walsh were different.

Not sure how any Crows supporter could dislike Bassett.

Has there ever been a more passionate Crows player?

Best of luck to him. Hope he learns enough to come back home as a head coach when the time is right :p

He was certainly one of the most passionate players I've ever seen. You could tell by the way he would fly off the handle when umpires paid free's against him.

Bassett would have been a terrible appointment for our footy club. He is primarily a defensive-minded coach, which flies in the face of everything we are building.

Bassett at Port makes a bit more sense I guess. Good luck to him.

Personally I think he would be best suited to sit alongside Ross Lyon at Freo to make their ugly style of footballer even uglier.

That he certainly is.

This is a different situation and will be expected. Bassett clearly wants to be a head coach someday, if he does well at Port he will be (anywhere), it's win/win. Richardson and Walsh were different.

Ideal replacement for Kern.

He is a great coach Bass, he is very tough but the players on the whole loved him.

Who knows how he will go at Port. I think it is really difficult to evaluate assistant coaches.

Jim Beam and coke.

Come on, more like spitting out their Woodstock 440ml. If you going to generalise, do it right.

Saying that, all bourbons are rubbish. I'll stick to my Corryvreckan with a dash of water

Remove this Banner Ad

Back