Anyone know what the deal is with Jared Brennan?

Remove this Banner Ad

hotash25

Draftee
Jul 14, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
He was rumoured to be in favour of a move to carlton ahead of gold coast and essendon. Anyone have updates on this matter? Thanks

Losing Rischitelli and Brennan won't bother me as much as Drummond. As long as we keep Drummond I'll be happy.

Out of the three, I'd prefer Brennan to go. Sure he has moments of brilliance but he can also do some very stupid things and his disposal can be a bit haywire at time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brennan to Gold Coast for pick 7. That's the scoop I believe.

I love Jared but geez, I'd take that in a microsecond. He is a better player than most footy watchers realise, but he's not worth the salary he is asking for.

Pick 7 plus salary cap relief. :thumbsu:

How strong is this rumour?

He was rumoured to be in favour of a move to carlton ahead of gold coast and essendon. Anyone have updates on this matter? Thanks

I'm guessing the rumour originated on the Carlton board? :p

But seriously, I can fully see why Carlton would be after him given their lack of offensive mids with poor defensive skills... ;)

Are you kidding me? A player as skillful as him, all his kicks go to men his pickups are amazing he can play anywhere on the ground. I watch Brisbane play every week and trust me he's a big pickup whoever takes him

Not worth the money he is asking it is as simple as that. Especially to the Lions who have shafted themselves and are in Salary cap trouble.

I love Jared but geez, I'd take that in a microsecond. He is a better player than most footy watchers realise, but he's not worth the salary he is asking for.

Pick 7 plus salary cap relief. :thumbsu:

How strong is this rumour?

I hope these rumor is true. I have suggested this would happen purely as the GC will need to outbid a keen Bombers who have pick 8. Also, the GC losing a 1st round draft pick won't hurt them as much as they have a heap of others.

I hope these rumor is true. I have suggested this would happen purely as the GC will need to outbid a keen Bombers who have pick 8. Also, the GC losing a 1st round draft pick won't hurt them as much as they have a heap of others.

If you seriously think Essendon will offer their pick 8 for Brennan, you have rather large rocks in your head!

I'll be honest and say that I do not understand Jared Brennan. He's clearly freakishly talented, and his best games are extraordinary. His worst seem to be utterly putrid, and I am a bit suprised to read that Brisbane fans are ready to ditch him for a decent return.

What IS he? Where do you play him? Where SHOULD he be played?

I have no idea whether Carlton needs what he brings to the table, because I don't know what that is.

PS - can you please send Daniel Merrett down at your earliest convenience. Thanks, regards, Faz. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back