Anyone know what the deal is with Jared Brennan?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be honest and say that I do not understand Jared Brennan. He's clearly freakishly talented, and his best games are extraordinary. His worst seem to be utterly putrid, and I am a bit suprised to read that Brisbane fans are ready to ditch him for a decent return.

The gap between his best and worst has shrunk significantly in recent years. It still exists, but he has been much more consistent.

He is a match winner on his day, but he isn't worth the 700k a year he is allegedly asking for. That is why Brisbane supporters aren't against moving him on.

What IS he?

A freakish utility who can play anywhere on the ground.
Where do you play him?

Mainly on-ball.

Where SHOULD he be played?

On ball.

PS - can you please send Daniel Merrett down at your earliest convenience. Thanks, regards, Faz. :)

Strawb is a vice captain and is signed till the end of 2013. On top of that he is a local and plays a position in which we have no clear replacement. He won't be going anywhere.

I'm surprised it hasn't already been mentioned... so I guess not as strong as I originally thought. I reckon it's on the money though. No doubt Gold Coast want him, and no doubt Brisbane will want one of those picks for him.
I'd be surprised if it were pick 7, to be honest. They could offer 9, 11, 13, 15 which I think are all higher or on a par with what other clubs would offer and which I reckon Brisbane would consider pretty fair compensation. It wouldn't surprise me if Essendon were super keen to get Brennan, but there is a difference between being keen and being "pick 8 keen". I just don't see Essendon being that into him.

I am actually surprised that the GC chose Riska over Brennan as the Lions uncontracted player as I think you would have gotten Riska for less than Brennan in terms of trade value. I would have thought that pick #15 would have EASILY netted Riska in a trade, but Brennan will prob cost 11, 13 or 15 to get a trade done .....

I am actually surprised that the GC chose Riska over Brennan as the Lions uncontracted player as I think you would have gotten Riska for less than Brennan in terms of trade value. I would have thought that pick #15 would have EASILY netted Riska in a trade, but Brennan will prob cost 11, 13 or 15 to get a trade done .....

Looking likely that Rischitelli signed a long time ago, before Brennan was on the market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know what the deal is with Jared Brennan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back