Recommitted Tyson Stengle [signs 5 year deal with trigger for 6th]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not leaving for anything less than 850k, anyone who says different is being purposely obtuse

Saints will be leading the money train with 900k+
Onus is on others to beat that, he wants biggest deal and i don't blame him.

Get that bag Tyson

No. We will take band 1 compo instead.
Never said a trade of the two. But Pittonet would fit Geelong well and free up cash for the Blues to pursue Stengle. Could be a possibility if Pittonet thinks he's going to be 2nd in line to TDK from now on and wants to go elsewhere.

Personally love Pitto so would prefer he sticks around but I'd trade someone like Young if it freed up enough cash to chase Stengle

Never said a trade of the two. But Pittonet would fit Geelong well and free up cash for the Blues to pursue Stengle. Could be a possibility if Pittonet thinks he's going to be 2nd in line to TDK from now on and wants to go elsewhere.

Personally love Pitto so would prefer he sticks around but I'd trade someone like Young if it freed up enough cash to chase Stengle
Yeah but Geelong needs to get games into Conway so he'd likely find himself 2nd in line here too, even if he's ahead of Conway's capacity to influence currently.

He's not leaving for anything less than 850k, anyone who says different is being purposely obtuse

Saints will be leading the money train with 900k+
Onus is on others to beat that, he wants biggest deal and i don't blame him.

Get that bag Tyson

You’d imagine his earnings would be significantly lower at this point than most AA 25 year olds. Makes sense that he’s going after money or at least doing his best efforts to extract top dollar from Geelong

Yeah but Geelong needs to get games into Conway so he'd likely find himself 2nd in line here too, even if he's ahead of Conway's capacity to influence currently.
Lol Pittonet is miles ahead of Conway. Unless the Cats plan on going down the rebuild route theres no way Conway gets a game ahead of him. Wouldn't surprise me if you did but wasting the last years of Danger, Jez, Stewart etc doesn't sound like something the Cats would wanna do. If it is the case though I think Stengle is gone for sure. Compo pick will be too valuable.

Lol Pittonet is miles ahead of Conway. Unless the Cats plan on going down the rebuild route theres no way Conway gets a game ahead of him. Wouldn't surprise me if you did but wasting the last years of Danger, Jez, Stewart etc doesn't sound like something the Cats would wanna do. If it is the case though I think Stengle is gone for sure. Compo pick will be too valuable.
Compo pick will be used for Bailey Smith since it sounds like he's very much leaning Cats
Other 1st will go towards drafting, especially if we fall out of top 8.

Scott seems pretty anti lumbering ruckman like Pitt can’t see Geelong being interested

Pitt is only into his first year of a 4 year deal, dont think carlton are moving him or anyone taking him for the next 3 years. unless Carlton paying some of his wage bill but that doesn't make sense if they are moving him to free up cash.

I agree he's miles ahead of Conway, it's not the point.

Stengle and the compo pick are not comparable in value either. Rebuilding or not rebuilding losing him is a loss.

I'd take Pittonet including his contract off your hands if you want to free up salary cap space. No way Pittonet is getting back in Carlton's team any time soon.

But it would only be for a throw away pick. Geelong shouldn't be wasting assets on an ok ruck when they're unlikely to be contending and have Conway developing who should be excellent in a few years.

Pitt wouldnt be on significant salary and wont really open up much space when you consider he still needs to be replaced

Who is TDK backup if he goes down with injury

No Ruck Back up when in the premiership window is suicide
It is and I can't see Carlton letting him go for that very reason, I'm more meaning that Pitto may assess his options if it looks like his position in the team is in jeopardy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitt wouldnt be on significant salary and wont really open up much space when you consider he still needs to be replaced

Who is TDK backup if he goes down with injury

No Ruck Back up when in the premiership window is suicide

He was clearly the number 1 when he signed a 4 year deal last year. Not saying he'd be on a massive wage but it would be a lot more than your average AFL backup ruck.

Carlton could probably free up $200k or more per year by replacing him with one of the standard backup rucks that are always traded (guys like Sweet, Flynn, etc). If that pushes them over the line in a chase for Stengle it seems well worth it.

so you think he go to north for an extra 100-50k half that after tax?!?

sure geelong looking at some sort of rebuild but do anyone think north are competing within 5 years?? when carlton or essendon be offering similar. only scenario of him going to north is them paying him the most, any other reason to pick north over others are fanciful.

I wouldn't write off North contending in 5 years, they've got a strong core of youngsters like Geelong in 1999 - 2001, they do however, lack a Scarlett / Harley defensive spine.

If the all stick together it will be good to watch them mature.

It is and I can't see Carlton letting him go for that very reason, I'm more meaning that Pitto may assess his options if it looks like his position in the team is in jeopardy

He'd have known that was a very real possibility when he signed the contract.

I highly doubt he wants to move, and Carlton won't want to lose him. Even if he did want out they'd likely hold him to his contract for at least another year.

I'd take Pittonet including his contract off your hands if you want to free up salary cap space. No way Pittonet is getting back in Carlton's team any time soon.

He might be back in the side as soon as this coming weekend.

Is TDK under an injury cloud? You're 2-4 with him and 8-0 without him. Surely he's just backup now.

No, but we've seen Carlton likes playing with 2 rucks and it's inevitable Tom will need a rest at some point anyway.

We're 2-3 with him, with 2 of those losses coming against Sydney and Collingwood, the latter by a goal in the dying moments.

He is our #2 now but that doesn't mean he won't have a really important role to play.

He was clearly the number 1 when he signed a 4 year deal last year. Not saying he'd be on a massive wage but it would be a lot more than your average AFL backup ruck.

Carlton could probably free up $200k or more per year by replacing him with one of the standard backup rucks that are always traded (guys like Sweet, Flynn, etc). If that pushes them over the line in a chase for Stengle it seems well worth it.
They would be better off cutting some of the other dead wood on the list like Marchbank, Cunningham , Martin
Pitto is extremely important as injury backup and a cheap ruck that doesnt know their system or worse could cost a flag

Cant take that chance imo

so you think he go to north for an extra 100-50k half that after tax?!?

sure geelong looking at some sort of rebuild but do anyone think north are competing within 5 years?? when carlton or essendon be offering similar. only scenario of him going to north is them paying him the most, any other reason to pick north over others are fanciful.

I can assure you we can pay more than 150k but regardless.

Do anyone think north are competing with 5 years, ummmm plenty are mate.

Once again, i'd like to remind you that if you are not in the top 4, you better be in the bottom 4, esp with tasmania coming in 2028. Your club's issue isn't a player here or there, it's mass overhaul.

We are doing all our drafting between 2020 - 2025 with finishing touches in 26 and 27.

I can assure you we can pay more than 150k but regardless.

Do anyone think north are competing with 5 years, ummmm plenty are mate.

Once again, i'd like to remind you that if you are not in the top 4, you better be in the bottom 4, esp with tasmania coming in 2028. Your club's issue isn't a player here or there, it's mass overhaul.

We are doing all our drafting between 2020 - 2025 with finishing touches in 26 and 27.

no, not regardless that is all you need to say and we agree on it, only way stengle going to north is they pay him much more than the figure you suggested. Everything you type are drivel because he go to carlton or essendon if north are offering similar.

No, but we've seen Carlton likes playing with 2 rucks and it's inevitable Tom will need a rest at some point anyway.

We're 2-3 with him, with 2 of those losses coming against Sydney and Collingwood, the latter by a goal in the dying moments.

He is our #2 now but that doesn't mean he won't have a really important role to play.

I thought Pittonet was pretty important early in the season, really threw his weight around.

TDK is killing it right now, that doesn't mean he continues to kill it going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tyson Stengle [signs 5 year deal with trigger for 6th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back