All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

Vlad joins Kim at The Butchers' Picnic

Russian President Vladimir Putin (right) and North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un shake hands during their meeting at the Vostochny Cosmodrome in Russia's Amur region on Sept. 13, 2023. Putin will visit North Korea this week.

Congratulations, another masterful contribution to mainstream propaganda.

BTW many of us don’t rely upon mainstream media for data - eg if you work in China you meet many Chinese people who will share their experience after they trust you

If they can, nearly everyone wants to own a property in the West so they can escape if they need to

Only after you have provided three dotpoints refuting that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza.

You claimed my comment was a function of mainstream media propaganda

Have the intellectual skill and fortitude to stay with your proposition

Otherwise you are merely a pseudo-intellectual posturing in a beret while your ar$e is on fire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aha...yes, i was replying to NFI's previous post that I was accusing him of getting all his info from msm.
Yeah, mybad.
So Gouki, how is NFI contributing to msm?
This is a particularly profound question.
The answer is extremely profound, and you and NFI might both have difficulty comprehending it. But I will divulge it to you anyway and hope for the best.
Here it is
How is NFI's post a contribution to MSM propaganda ?
He is disseminating uncritically politically pointed photos produced by MSM.

Sorry that was so difficult to understand.

Aha...yes, i was replying to NFI's previous post that I was accusing him of getting all his info from msm.
Yeah, mybad.
The answer is extremely profound, and you and NFI might both have difficulty comprehending it. But I will divulge it to you anyway and hope for the best.
Here it is

Go one step further - what is the political point trying to be made? Do you think NFI Guy (sorry Walt) is unaware of the politics of the photo?

Making fun of despots on BigFooty = the uncritical dissemination of political propaganda?? Really?

Go one step further - what is the political point trying to be made? Do you think NFI Guy (sorry Walt) is unaware of the politics of the photo?

Making fun of despots on BigFooty = the uncritical dissemination of political propaganda?? Really?
Have to leave right now...sorry because the thread has become quite interesting. However, I will reply later.

Yeah, mybad.
Here it is

Alas, we have reached the end of our correspondence

Herein, sr36 is my go to expert on Soviet policy (1920 to 1922)

Sidey continues to be my sounding board for tax minimisation

And JB1975 for dance moves for White Peoples

Yeah, mybad.
Here it is

What happened in your life to get you to this point? Did lockdowns help guide you on your path to enlightenment?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only after you have provided three dotpoints refuting that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza.

I didn't write what you quoted, so IDK how it ended up quoting me..

However, like I've said I don't know if it constitutes genocide. I'd describe it as disgusting, but genocide - IDK, Bro.

With a lot of words, you're looking at three basicly different definitions - laymans, most common academic and legal. I don't know if the academic and legal are the same or not for genocide.

I don't think it meets the layman's definition like the death camps of the holocaust or Rwandans going from village to village house to house and killing everyone they could find from a cultural group. 40,000 out of 2 million, considering the capacity, doesn't really meet it either.

I'll leave the academic and legal definitions to those who know those definitions more clearly and have a better understanding of what precedents have been included and accepted as genocides and what have been excluded and why.

Personally, I think it's stupid to be focussing on whether or not it meets that at this stage, as it's an argument where Israel stands a chance. And it won't be fully tried until the war is long gone.

Label the war as disgusting, atrocious, appalling, barbaric, inhumane, etc... and that's an argument where Israel doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited:
I saw that video of him also I wonder what the the Israeli apologists here think of this,I did see that no one on that panel with him on Israeli TV had any problems with what he said at least they never voiced them.So Zionists themselves are quite content to speak of Hitler but at least he claimed he would never utter that name again.

They have had raging battles between police and protesters in Israel but as Markfs says not about the war which as opinion polls show they are in agreement with but about the hostages.

That right there shows most Jewish people believe passionately that a Jewish life is valuable than any other and this is why they want to destroy Gaza which I have forecast all along.

That is all you resort to belittlement or grammar as I said pathetic why not enlighten us with ideas or arguments.

I didn't write what you quoted, so IDK how it ended up quoting me..

However, like I've said I don't know if it constitutes genocide. I'd describe it as disgusting, but genocide - IDK, Bro.

With a lot of words, you're looking at three basicly different definitions - laymans, most common academic and legal. I don't know if the academic and legal are the same or not for genocide.

I don't think it meets the layman's definition like the death camps of the holocaust or Rwandans going from village to village house to house and killing everyone they could find from a cultural group. 40,000 out of 2 million, considering the capacity, doesn't really meet it either.

I'll leave the academic and legal definitions to those who know those definitions more clearly and have a better understanding of what precedents have been included and accepted as genocides and what have been excluded and why.

Personally, I think it's stupid to be focussing on whether or not it meets that at this stage, as it's an argument where Israel stands a chance. And it won't be fully tried until the war is long gone.

Label the war as disgusting, atrocious, appalling, barbaric, inhumane, etc... and that's an argument where Israel doesn't stand a chance.
My friend Israel has already been tried and mostly convicted on the scale of public opinion worldwide and lost convincingly it is now only the standouts like Biden,Netayahu and Zev who will not acknowledge the truth of what I say.

After this Israel will be forever remember as a rouge or pariah state no doubt of that it is not something they will live down easily or quickly.

Aljazeera reports that israeli envoy antony blinking has reassured netinyahoo that arms supplies will not be blocked in the future. Other reports say that the couple of democrats who were blocking the donation have been suitably compensated and wont be blocking the arms. justice prevails...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back