Game Day AFLW RND 9 - Carlton v Gold Coast Friday 21st October 7.40M (AEDT) @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question with a different coach do you think this group is a contender?

No. It is rebuilding and needs many more components. Natural footballers are required.

Sherar will improve year on year. I think Daisy Walker and Annie Lee will get better.

I have doubts on Trudgeon, Milford and Gibbs as KPDs. They lack skill and competitive instinct. Yes. I know Gibbs isn't playing tonight. I look at a basketballer in Good, who tries her heart out.

Our top 8 or so players are awesome and produce every game. There are a few others coming on but then there are concerns in the bottom half of the team.

No. It is rebuilding and needs many more components. Natural footballers are required.

Sherar will improve year on year. I think Daisy Walker and Annie Lee will get better.

I have doubts on Trudgeon, Milford and Gibbs as KPDs. They lack skill and competitive instinct. Yes. I know Gibbs isn't playing tonight. I look at a basketballer in Good, who tries her heart out.

Our top 8 or so players are awesome and produce every game. There are a few others coming on but then there are concerns in the bottom half of the team.
Trudgeon did play well last season, so not really sure what's going on there.
Milford shouldn't be playing so soon so I'm willing to cut her some slack, but she doesn't look like a natural forward, more like a third tall defender.
Gibbs has been out of the game for a long time, so I'm willing to give her some more runs at it, not like we have a choice at the moment.

Sherar and Lee having great seasons.

Ortlepp, Milford, Schaap (although great goal) shouldn't be playing yet, but our injuries have been diabolic this season. Just a sad time for this side, what more can be said. Hopefully they can finish strong against the Doggies.

Do you have any coaching concerns? I know we've been decimated but we still have some decent experience & talent out there and I feel like we shouldn't be losing to the likes of GWS and Gold Coast by these amounts.

Sherar, Schaap, Skepper (say that 3 times fast :) ) look good but I don't see it in in Milford, Trudgeon and a couple others.

nope but harford is taking this mob nowhere good fast.........

Okay. There isn't groundswell of this sentiment and I don't mind having a circuit breaker when it's needed, but it has to be more than rhetoric.

I mean we have all seen quarters of great intent, pressure and overlap running. The first quarter the last 2 weeks for example. It stopped last week and this week we didn't even get the fast start on the scoreboard to give us a chance.

Why are those quarters so good and then we turn to shit?

Run out of legs? Whose the fitness person?

Skills not good enough to play the ball retention style we want? Whose developing these players and who is recruiting them?

People looking for this magic pill i.e sack the coach, aren't going to see these things suddenly change. The club needs to embrace a whole of club mentality and spend some time and money on AFLW.

I have no idea who a couple of our assistants are and then we have Hampson, Newman and Simpson.

We know Hampson is failing because our talls have no idea.

People also don't realise that in a list of 30, injuries are critical.

2 best 22 tall forwards out. A defensive midfielder out. Our 3rd best midfielder out.

Gab Pound doesn't seem to travel because of studies.

And Hill and McKay and McEvoy. It's not really system, it's skills and a lack of poise.

We heard Peterson tell them to hold the ball in the quarter time break. They just play on at all costs to all the wrong options.

If Harford gives them the bake they deserve, he'll cop it. Damned no matter what.

Who is that midfield coach by the way? He allowed Hill and Peterson to talk over him and do the coaching. That's a worry.
Kez Peterson Captain-Coach I reckon, after that quarter time segment showed her coaching her group.

She was talking over Matt Skubis, forwards coach.

And Darcy is playing as a defender to make her accountable. She doesn't work hard enough as a forward. Let's not pretend a goal a game from a full forward is such a great start that we shouldn't move her. We've all called for her to be moved in previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back