AFL Rising Star Ceremony

Remove this Banner Ad

I really dont see how it can be justified, but oh well.

Honestly, if they're going to bend the criteria and take points away from Shuey for being older than the kid - thats a tad crazy.

Bottom line - Shuey is a gun, maybe this will drive him even harder.

Bit of a shame but life goes on. I'm sure that a good showing on Saturday will help ease some of Shuey's disappointment (if he in fact has any). Good luck to Heppell.

Not sure who the judges were this year. It will be interesting to see their votes though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me either, but what can you do.

Ask for a royal commission into the anti West Coast AFL. Money must have changed hands. It has to of.

/sarcasm

good luck to Heppell, think shue deserved it but his norm smith will probably be worth more anyway.

Im guessing jacko the only one to give shuey 5

thats probably true. 8/9 judges gave Heppell 5 votes.

so it wasnt really close in the end. 8/9 thought Heppell was the best and Shuey 2nd. only 1 thought Shuey was best and Heppell second.

Quite possible was robbed...

I think some of the judges gave votes to Andrew Shuey..??
I'd demand a recount, Luke Shuey might have romped it in.

:p

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/rising-star-winner/story-e6frf9jf-1226131418687

ESSENDON young gun Dyson Heppell has won the 2011 NAB Rising Star award.
He was awarded the Ron Evans Medal at a function at Crown this afternoon.
He polled 44 of a maximum 45 votes from the nine experts who give 5-4-3-2-1 votes.

VOTING

Dyson Heppell 44 votes
Andrew Shuey 37
Zac Smith 21
David Swallow 18
Jack Darling 6
Sam Reid 5
Daniel Menzel, Jack Steven, Trent McKenzie, Andrew Gaff - 1

In all seriousness, he will be an absolute freak in a couple of years, hope he stays injury free.. Awesome to watch!

Good luck for the finals! :thumbsu:

Pathetic result. I'll take it Sheehan will be the only one smart enough to give Shuey the full votes.

Sheehan's article this morning suggests otherwise, and I don't know if he actually votes?? Jako will have gone the Shue, surely!!!

In the scheme of things, two players in the top 5 (Shuey, Darling) and a third getting votes (Gaff) proves the potential of our team. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Rising Star Ceremony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back